twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Leprechaun's Thread: all about your world champion Boston Celtics

Share/Bookmark

Re: The Leprechaun's Thread: all about your world champion Boston Celtics

malamang sa hindi, tapos na 'to sa martes.
    When a religious scheme is shattered (as Christianity was shattered at the Reformation), it is not merely the vices that are let loose. The vices are, indeed, let loose, and they wander and do damage. But the virtues are let loose also. - G.K.Chesterton, Orthodoxy
    Dominus vobiscum

Rajon Rondo is consistently showing what greatness is all about in this series.

That dive and drive off Jason Williams is the start of a new legend.

Quote Originally Posted by LION

LION, part of celtic lore now: that dive by dave cowens that's often used in video grab after video grab... not that i was witness to the cowens era, to be sure ;D .

or how about the other great celtic ballthief of that era, who, funny when you think about it, had a nickname that sounded a lot like "rondo" -- the grating voice of johnny most screaming: "havlicek steals the ball! havlicek stole the ball!"

that's what i love about this team, the way it continues to create new legends. just gotta love teams that live up to the pride and tradition they are heirs to.
    When a religious scheme is shattered (as Christianity was shattered at the Reformation), it is not merely the vices that are let loose. The vices are, indeed, let loose, and they wander and do damage. But the virtues are let loose also. - G.K.Chesterton, Orthodoxy
    Dominus vobiscum

that guy with rick kamla on the post-game commentary is right: forget the big 3. it's now the fantastic 4!

and, yes, we don't need to go as far back as dave cowens. that NBA live voice-over called rajon rondo's performance larry bird-esque. and mark jackson said pretty much the same thing.

whatever, whoever. whether cowens, bird, and now rondo. the celtics are simply THE greatest team in the NBA -- ever.
    Dominus vobiscum

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat

Great job by Boston limiting the Magic to 71 points. Rashard Lewis, who averages 16 ppg in the regular season, is only averaging 5.5 ppg in this series. Today Lewis was held to only 4 points.

When was the last time the Celts swept a 7-game playoff series?
    '86 playoffs, just can't remember whether it was second round or East finals. I was really nervous about this game. I thought the Magic would be strongly motivated by Pierce's post-Game 2 comments and alleged tweet. It turns out I had nothing to worry about.
    People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep
    malamang sa hindi, tapos na 'to sa martes.
    It's now a question of whether or not the Magic have the will to survive or plain and simple self-respect. Sweeps are an abomination in the playoffs.

But no complaints from here, though. ;D
    We are not a nation of donkeys, we are a nation of Lions!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep
    Quote Originally Posted by LION

LION, part of celtic lore now: that dive by dave cowens that's often used in video grab after video grab... not that i was witness to the cowens era, to be sure ;D .

or how about the other great celtic ballthief of that era, who, funny when you think about it, had a nickname that sounded a lot like "rondo" -- the grating voice of johnny most screaming: "havlicek steals the ball! havlicek stole the ball!"

that's what i love about this team, the way it continues to create new legends. just gotta love teams that live up to the pride and tradition they are heirs to.
    Don't forget that Gerald Henderson steal off James Worthy's pass in Game 2 in the '84 Finals, and the Kevin McHale clotheslineing of Kurt Rambis in Lakerland as well.
    We are not a nation of donkeys, we are a nation of Lions!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat

Great job by Boston limiting the Magic to 71 points. Rashard Lewis, who averages 16 ppg in the regular season, is only averaging 5.5 ppg in this series. Today Lewis was held to only 4 points.

When was the last time the Celts swept a 7-game playoff series?
    Boston with the Big Three (or Big Four), alam ko wala pa ata. Pero I think Magics could still win at least once game (to be respectable). Pero sorry Game 4 is on the Celtics homecourt. Their nth Eastern Conference title is now in the books.

Obviously the defense is the big key of their playoff run.
    "The end justifies the means"-from Machiavelli? Nope.  :D

KG's return really is a huge factor. he's shut down all the small forwards he's matched up against, from beasley to jamison and now rashard lewis. iika-ika pa siya nung regular season and i was afraid his knee didn't heal properly. but now he seems more confident in his surgically repaired knee, dunking with authority again and even goaltending dwight howard's shots.

it'll be an interesting matchup vs gasol but wait a minute, the suns have just made a series out of the western conference finals.

4-1 pa din 'yan. ;D

The Truth was fatigued; there was no way he could have missed a wide open 3ball.
    I kinda liked the last play in regulation, no timeout was called. Nagfumble lang though pwede iattribute sa over-fatigue ni Pierce.

Still betting on Celtics on 5.
    Suaviter In Modo,
    Fortiter In Re
    ------------------------
    Proud Packer

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast