twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio GAGA. Where radiostars don't get killed by videos.

Share/Bookmark

Re: Spanish radio station in Manila and other cities

Danny,

i dont know much about this radio station as i just lifted the article from the internet. however, you can join the yahoo group:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hispanofilipino/

you dont have to be a spanish speaker to join but at least you can start practicing your spanish there. just be forewarned that some of the members are either extreme-pro spanish or extreme-anti spanish so just let some of the discussions go through your ears so to speak.

or you can take classes at the Instituto Cervantes , a spanish govt school that teaches spanish. its somewhere in ermita or malate. its open to everybdy. i forgot na exactly kung saan sila banda.

Quote Originally Posted by danny
    Teka, pachador, mayroon bang internet radio niyan? Makapag-aral nga.

Quote Originally Posted by pachador
    Danny,

i dont know much about this radio station as i just lifted the article from the internet. however, you can join the yahoo group:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hispanofilipino/

you dont have to be a spanish speaker to join but at least you can start practicing your spanish there. just be forewarned that some of the members are either extreme-pro spanish or extreme-anti spanish so just let some of the discussions go through your ears so to speak.

or you can take classes at the Instituto Cervantes , a spanish govt school that teaches spanish. its somewhere in ermita or malate. its open to everybdy. i forgot na exactly kung saan sila banda.

Teka, pachador, mayroon bang internet radio niyan? Makapag-aral nga.
    Instituto Cervantes is near Masagana Superstore along Taft Avenue, near Adamson University. You turn left into a side street. Can't miss it.
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

Atorni Salsa (by the way, found any new bike trails lately?* ), the reason i brought up that thing on a viable market has something to do with what I read just recently.* A recent study of the North American media market indicated that the youth and young adult segment, the fastest growing media market segment, has slowly "tuned-out" to radio as an information/entertainment medium (of course, media usage in Pinas might be entirely different).* Apparently, the Internet is now the modern day "trampistor", and the Norman Rockwell-ish image of the teenager, right ear glued to the "trampistor", is a thing of the past.* Visualize a Venn Diagram (Ouch!, if you hated math during the formative years), then you would have a very small representative area of a market segment where the language spoken is contracting and the media channel used is contracting as well.* Sponsors would rather put their limited advertising dinero in "bang for the buck" channels.* But then again, if Pachador says that funding of the program is assured, then ibang usapan na iyan.* If you ask me, if whoever is behind this initiative wants to keep the spanish language alive in the country, he or she should bring back the old Sesame Street series where they taught the kids simple spanish words.* Long after I had made a fool of myself during spanish oral exams at Bellarmine Hall, I somehow got to practice whatever spanish Senor Prado and his senyoritas taught me when my nephews and nieces would regale me with what they learned watching Sesame Street.

Hi Jaco,

I had Prado myself and he was very pleasantly surprised at how my Spanish progressed exponentially from my days under him in the late eighties, (a very peculiar side result of the Tex-Mex acculturation I underwent after college.) Your points on Sesame Street are well taken, and my little boy indeed learns elementary Spanish not just from Sesame Street but also from Dora. My purist of a mom remains horrified at my Mexican-inflected accent, as she will at her grandson's, but what the heck...we're understood anyway.

Norman Rockwell allusions aside, I would posit that the internet, not just video, may have truly killed the radio star. Face it, we're way past old Norm's era, even Warhol seems like ancient history (insert "15 minutes of fame" joke here _____ ), and in their places, we have a slew of graffitti artists who've eschewed mainstream success for street rep. BUT STILL RADIO LIVES. Thanks(?), perhaps, to Clear Channel or even XM, the medium lives albeit, admittedly, in a barely recognizable form. Coincidentally, so do Rockwell's images from Life, and the widely licensed Marilyn and Campbell Soup ouvres from Warhol. Again incidentally, so do pockets of Iberia.

The question is, is it worth throwing resources at that little sliver of your Venn diagram? I'd still say yes, just as it's worth maintaining what's left of the walls of Intramuros, or restoring the jai-alai building that now only exists in memory. At this point, it's probably only for posterity, and maybe learning Mandarin may be more practical. But hey, it's not entirely useless in these parts. I hear that outsourcing companies pay quite a premium for Spanish speakers

P.S. Have not been on the saddle for a while, but the Laguna trails do look inviting right about now. Regards to you out there in hockeylandia...
    In Season 74, it was all about a phenomenal Salva-tion that brought about a Slaughter.

Radio GAGA. Where radiostars don't get killed by videos.

While there is truth to the phrase "relax, see a movie", radio is as effective.
    What radio show/program experience stuck in your subconscious and affected you intuitively.

Mine is Zimatar and Gabi ng Lagim.

Sino ba naman ang hindi makakalimot sa linyang " Ano ang nasa dako pa ruon..."

Re: Radio GAGA. Where radiostars don't get killed by videos.

Quote Originally Posted by toti_mendiola
    While there is truth to the phrase "relax, see a movie", radio is as effective.
    What radio show/program experience stuck in your subconscious and affected you intuitively.

Mine is Zimatar and Gabi ng Lagim.

Sino ba naman ang hindi makakalimot sa linyang " Ano ang nasa dako pa ruon..."

"Zimatar! Ang munting prinsipe na nang dahil sa kanyang kalikutan ay iniwan ng kanyang inang Reyna..."

Miss this radio series. Kumusta na kaya sina Akbar at Aran? ;D

Some other classic radio series/programs:

Mga Mata ni Angelita ("Mahal na Birhen, bakit po... wala kayong mga mata???")
    Si Demok at si Burubudoy
    Toning by Johnny Midnight (yes, nagoyo rin ako nito... :-[ :D)

Ang malupit kasi sa radio programs eh ikaw ang mag iimagine ng mga kuwento kaya mas personal.

I remember Zimatar!

Damn. I also had a chance to listen to the series "Forbes Park." ;D

COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

I remember Zimatar!

Damn. I also had a chance to listen to the series "Forbes Park." ;D

Yan ata ang medyo hindi ko na maalala.

Pang 3:00 PM ata. :D

Basta I remember that radio show. The usual alitan dahil sa kayamanan.
    COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast