twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Keeps You Fit?

Share/Bookmark

What Keeps You Fit?

For the health conscious, what keeps you physically fit? Aside from basketball and sex, what other physical activities do you do? What diets do you observe? Please provide details.

For those who have gained enough (in size and in weight), what's your plan to make yourself physically fit? ;D

Re: What Keeps You Fit?

I enjoy running. Anywhere from 2 to 5 miles a day.
    *clap-clapclap-clap-clap-clap-clap* FIGHT!
    The original. The one word that conquers.

----

"We will kill them all."

-- Optimus Prime, referring to Decepticons in Transformers 3

wala pa.. :D

gained 20 lbs since entering college.. cant go to the gym since may injury aq sa shoulder..

malakas ba magpapayat ang jogging?

Quote Originally Posted by aircanda
    wala pa..* :D

gained 20 lbs since entering college.. cant go to the gym since may injury aq sa shoulder..

malakas ba magpapayat ang jogging?
    Jogging regulary and eating in moderation can get you slimmer over time.

Like blooded, I also enjoy running. I normally run 30-40 mins a day, enough to make me sweat all over.

Here's a short article that gives you some benefits of running...

The Benefits of Running

When you envision running, you probably will fall into one of two categories. Either you love it or you hate it; sometimes it is even a love/hate relationship. But what makes people love it? And what makes people who hate it keep doing it? It is likely that the benefits of running outweigh the hatred (if there is any hatred).

There are as many benefits of running as there are reasons that runners run. It may be to lose weight or get fit. Perhaps they run to stay healthy and happy. It could even be a way to meet people or to compete with themselves or others in races. Whatever the case may be for each runner, the benefits of running can be broken down into 3 main categories:

More in this link....
    http://running.about.com/od/gettings.../101whyrun.htm

People who are unfit are not qualified to answer and contribute here?

I'll just lurk around and get tips from you guys on how to become fit. ;D

^ I was trying to recall a good article regarding this topic kaso hindi ko na makita. IThe article talks about keeping yourself fit is not just a matter of how physically conditioned you are. Okey na yong masaya ka at malayo sa stress. Give yourself a ton of laugh every morning and ensure you have a peace of mind sa gabi.

Kaya pwede pa sir. ;D
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

golf.

golfgolfgolfgolfgolfgolfgolf. BURP. ;D
    http://www.myspace.com/brokensauceph

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_lion
    ^ I was trying to recall a good article regarding this topic kaso hindi ko na makita. IThe article talks about keeping yourself fit is not just a matter of how physically conditioned you are. Okey na yong masaya ka at malayo sa stress. Give yourself a ton of laugh every morning and ensure you have a peace of mind sa gabi.

Kaya pwede pa sir.* ;D
    Yan din ang pananaw ko kaya hanggang ngayon malaki pa rin ang tiyan ko. ;D

Sabi ng isang matanda sa akin (at talagang matanda na po siya)* ---

Take up a fitness routine that you can maintain until past middle age. Because when you do something over a long time but quit at middle age expect yourself to gain unwanted pounds.

Gaining unwanted pounds at middle age is a recipe for disaster.

Kaya tignan niyo karamihang athletes, not just basketball players, at retirement maraming biglang lumolobo ang mga katawan. Even those who regularly go to the gyms do gain weight when they quit.

Walang tama o mali, pangit o magandang fitness prorgram. Basta raw guided ka ng isang nakakaintindi at kaya ng bulsa mo at kayang mong i-maintain hanggang sa pagtanda.

"Lakad" o "takbo" is matipid.

Kaya, tulad ng ilang naunang nag-post...takbo at lakad lang ako. More of brisk walking actually. Pauwi, dadaan ako sa panaderia at bibili ng pandesal at diaryo sa tapat nito. Double / triple purpose pa!*
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

I am so far from being fit. Now that is said, its actually a milestone that I was able to lose a few pounds and keep it up.

I took up to walking from Uniwide Sucat to my place of residence every time I go home. I do not know the exact distance but it is surely more than a kilometer or two. With regards to eating, I have skipped eating lunch and dinner altogether, avoid rice like the plague, have a healthy breakfast and if I could not keep those hunger pangs away, go for apples or other fruits.

Now I get a little lax because I've actually had my uniforms altered since they've all been loose, which was an impossible feat even five months ago. It's easier to watch the weight when you're broken-hearted but now that I am over that, its becoming impossible again.

Anyway, it just have to continue being like this, plus the added benefit of nicotine to curb those hunger pangs. Heck, I know cigarettes are dangerous, unhealthy, etc. but fact is, I don't get hungry when I smoke.

So there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast