twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Warriors in the Off-Season

Share/Bookmark

Red Warriors in the Off-Season

Is UE competing in any zonal to make the PCCL?

Will there be a UE team in the Fr Martin Open Division commencing this November?
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Re: Red Warriors in the Off-Season

Hans Thiele and Marcy Arellano are apparently focusing more on their PBL stints than on their team commitments to UE.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

^^^ ain't nothing much they can do with their school..their graduating anyway
    What you grinning at Pyscho?

Possible rookies for season 72

Acibar, Kenneth 6'3

Alabanza, John Ray 6'5

Mendoza, Jaypee 6'3

totoo ba sinusuyo ng ue si "jawo" para mag coach? tsikah!!!

Pamantasan ng Silangan........ Pamantasan ka naming MAHAL!!!

^ Ken Acibar is now in his second year of B Team duty and saw action for UE in the Nike and Fil-Oil and proved to be a pretty good 4 and 5 coming off the bench. He was long, lean and athletic, kind of like a poor man's Hans Thiele. This former Adamson Baby Falcon I felt should have been on this season's lineup more than say John Noble or Jairold Flores since his size would have provided insurance in the frontline for Coach Dindo Pumaren.

John Alabanza would have made a good rotation player at the 5 and 4 spots for UE. He more than held his own against the more experienced competition in the Nike and Fil-Oil and was sometimes a starter alongside Elmer Espiritu. He played the right box pretty well, went strong after every rebound, blocked a few shots and even displayed a face-up jumper from 15-16 feet. Both Acibar and Alabanza are in the 6'5" range.

Is this JP Mendoza the JOSEPH Mendoza who was Jairold Flores's teammate from the RP Youth Team? Isn't he with UAAP lineup of Lasalle already?
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    ^ Ken Acibar is now in his second year of B Team duty and saw action for UE in the Nike and Fil-Oil and proved to be a pretty good 4 and 5 coming off the bench. He was long, lean and athletic, kind of like a poor man's Hans Thiele. This former Adamson Baby Falcon I felt should have been on this season's lineup more than say John Noble or Jairold Flores since his size would have provided insurance in the frontline for Coach Dindo Pumaren.

John Alabanza would have made a good rotation player at the 5 and 4 spots for UE. He more than held his own against the more experienced competition in the Nike and Fil-Oil and was sometimes a starter alongside Elmer Espiritu. He played the right box pretty well, went strong after every rebound, blocked a few shots and even displayed a face-up jumper from 15-16 feet. Both Acibar and Alabanza are in the 6'5" range.

Is this JP Mendoza the JOSEPH Mendoza who was Jairold Flores's teammate from the RP Youth Team? Isn't he with UAAP lineup of Lasalle already?
    i agree, acibar would have added a little more ceiling in our lineup. i feel he deserved to be our 16th player this year, instead of Jairold.

yes, he is a member of our RP-Youth team. but i think, you are referring to Mark Jovet Mendoza of DLSU (formerly of NU). while Jaypee Mendoza is from Tarlac State Univ.
    Keep The Faith
    [size=10pt]GO REDS FIGHT![/size]

Medyo dispalinghado ang lineup natin para sa PCCL mga katoto at ilan sa mga bata natin ay mas pinili na sumabak muna sa PBL at maghanap-buhay, alam naman natin lahat gaano kahirap ang pera ngayon lalo para sa ating mga taga-Quiapo. Kung ano't ano pa man tayo naman ay lalahok pa din sa PCCL at malamang makita natin sina Acibar at Alabanza. Alam namin na dapat kung sino na-lineup nung UAAP siya rin ang dapat na lineup sa PCCL pero humingi kami ng dispensa mula kina Sir Rey Gamboa na sana naman mapaunlakan.
    "Kung ayaw mong masaktan mag-chess ka na lang!"

ok na din kahit wala yung ibang mainstays, para makalaro na sila Acibar, and Alabanza.
    Keep The Faith
    [size=10pt]GO REDS FIGHT![/size]

Sir Wang-bu, may balita ba kayo sa coach natin kung papalitan? Medyo ma-ugong ngayon sa UE campus saka sa mga forums na papalitan daw.
    Pamantasan ng Silangan........ Pamantasan ka naming MAHAL!!!

I think it was this JP Mendoza who played a couple of good games in the last FIBA-Asia U18 Youth Tournaments. If so, he is a player to watch in the UAAP.
    "Noynoy is Not My President!!!" at Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Noynoy-Aquino-is-NOT-MY-PRESIDENT/122596721092454?ref=ts

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast