twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Share Your Recipes!

Share/Bookmark

Share Your Recipes!

For those who like to cook and would like to share their recipes feel free to share right here. Read through the recipe from start to finish before you actually try it.

Allow me to start.

BASIC SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE

1 kilo ground beef, tender chuck or brisket
    2 whole large native garlic heads, bashed then minced
    2 whole large purple onions, minced
    2 large stalks of celery, de-stringed and small chopped
    2 large styro trays button mushrooms, small chopped
    1 large carrot, small chopped
    6 large or 8 medium ripe red tomatoes, peeled and chopped
    1 small tin tomato paste
    1 cup medium bodied or full bodied red table wine
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon dried oregano flakes
    1 tablespoon dried thyme flakes
    1 tablespoon dried basil flakes
    1 tablespoon black pepper corns, rough hand ground
    1 tablespoon course salt
    1 cup tap water
    3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

1 kilo spaghetti noodles

Heat a deep heavy-gauge stew pot over medium to medium-high heat. Heat the oil until just before it gets to the smoke point. Put in the meat and brown fully. Add in the garlic, onions, celery, tomatoes, mushrooms and carrots. Saute every thing very well until all the vegetables are well-cooked. Add in the wine, water, tomato sauce, salt and pepper, Worcestershire sauce. Mix everything very well. Add in basil, oregano and thyme and mix well. Add in wine and water and bring everything to a good simmer.

Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for an hour making sure there is still some bubbling to the simmer. Stir around every 15 minutes.

In the last 15 minutes of simmering the sauce cook the spaghetti noodles in a separate pot about a minute less than package directions instruct. Make sure the water the noodles cook in is well-seasoned, about a tablespoon and a half of salt for every 500 grams of pasta.

When spaghetti noodles are done take all of them out of their pot and put them directly into the sauce pot. Add in 3-4 tablespoons of the pasta water the noodles boiled in. Mix everything together well.

Serve immediately with good crusty bread, may or may not be toasted and/or buttered.

Should serve 4-5 people. If it was just me, this will serve me and maybe two other normal people. ;D
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Re: Share Your Recipes!

Does anyone have a favorite adobo recipe? Here's mine.

1 kilo pork liempo, chopped into serving cubes
    1/4 kilo chicken livers, diced small
    3 tablespoons tap water
    1 tablespoon course salt
    1/2 tablespoon black peppercorns
    1/4 tablespoon mill-ground black pepper
    1/4 cup sukang Paombong or any native white or gray vinegar
    1 tablespoon good quality soy sauce
    1/2 tablespoon good quality iodized patis
    2 large whole heads of native garlic, bashed, peeled then minced
    1 thumb-size piece of ginger (about an inch long and an inch around), peeled, bashed then minced
    1 dried laurel leaf
    1/2 tablespoon dried flaked oregano (or 1 tablespoon shredded fresh oregano)
    1 cup tap water

Heat up a deep pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Put first three tablespoons of water and bring to a rolling boil. Put in pork and liver and saute well. Lower heat to a minimum and cover to allow the pork to render off its natural fat. Check the pork and livers every few minutes to determine browning and rendering. When the pork has browned well enough on all sides remove about half of the rendered off fat and set aside. Turn heat back up to medium-high then add dd garlic and ginger and saute until light brown. Add soy sauce, patis, salt and both kinds of peppers and stir and mix well. Add in vinegar and allow the vinegar to come to a boil first and then stir well. Put in one cup of water and bring to a rolling boil. Put in laurel leaf and oregano then bring heat to low and simmer everything for 25-30 minutes or until pork achieves personally desired tenderness.

Serve immediately with freshly steamed fine white rice or garlic fried rice. Chop some ripe tomatoes and purple onions together and set aside as a nice side dish.

Should serve 5-6 normal people. ;D
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Adobo partners well with pinakbet. Ay nagimas apo!

Adobong iloko is cooked in vinegar. Naimas agpaysu!

I will share my pandaya na prawn in szechuan sauce when I have time.

we'll be waiting for it, bchoter, kaya pakibilis-bilisan naman ;D

this thread is making me salivate.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Recipe: Coke Liempo

1/2 kg of liempo
    500 ML of Coke (regular) - kung diet kayo pwede rin coke zero or coke light

babad overnight ang liempo sa coke
    palambutin ang liempo sa coke na pinagbabaran hanggang maluto

medyo dagdagan ang coke habang pinakukuluan (matitira lang kasi asukal kapag natuyo)

i tried this back in 1997 when I was in Japan, nauumay na kasi ako sa jap food na serve sa dorm namin

Quote Originally Posted by LION

Adobo partners well with pinakbet.* Ay nagimas apo!* *
    my mom cooks adobo and partners it with garlic salad ba un? ??? basta eggplant siya with lots of garlic in it.. sarap

naglaway ako sa recipe ni sir Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Coolmanny
    Recipe: Coke Liempo

1/2 kg of liempo
    500 ML of Coke (regular) - kung diet kayo pwede rin coke zero or coke light

babad overnight ang liempo sa coke
    palambutin ang liempo sa coke na pinagbabaran hanggang maluto

medyo dagdagan ang coke habang pinakukuluan (matitira lang kasi asukal kapag natuyo)

i tried this back in 1997 when I was in Japan, nauumay na kasi ako sa jap food na serve sa dorm namin
    I believe this is a version of what the Chinese call Dongpo Pork, or those tender blocks of pork liempo braised in a clay or ceramic pot over a charcoal fire.

1 kilo slab pork liempo, bones still in, chopped into four blocks as even as possible
    1 large purple onion, chopped
    1 large whole head of garlic, bashed and peeled
    1 thumb-size piece of ginger about two inches long, peeled and bashed
    5-6 large whole onion leeks
    1/2 tablespoon whole black pepper corns
    4 tablespoons brown or washed sugar
    4 tablespoons soy sauce
    2 tablespoons oyster sauce
    2 tablespoons black rice vinegar
    1/2 cup red Chinese rice wine

* Use a clay or ceramic pot with a matching cover, or a 3 to 3.5-inch deep casserole dish

Get a good charcoal fire going on a grill or outdoor clay stove. While the coal fire settles prepare the dish. Place the leeks, ginger, half the garlic and half the onions at the bottom of the pot to serve as a bed. Place the pork blocks on the bed. Add the pepper corns, sugar, soy and oyster sauces, vinegar and wine over top of the pork, making sure everything is well coated. Place the remaining garlic and onions evenly on top of each pork slab. Cover well to make sure it is as sealed as possible. Place on the charcoal fire grill or stove. Do not open and let cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.

Serve immediately as is as an appetizer or with good old Pale Pilsen or Gran Matador as pulutan or with steamed rice as a robust ulam. Do not eat with sissy wines because I guarantee the robustness of this dish will overwhelm even the toughest Cabernet Sauvignon or Barollo.

* You may also throw the whole works into a normal oven. Preheat at 350 F or 250 C for five to six minutes. Throw in the pot and let cook for an hour to an hour and a half.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Wala bang pa house party diyan Manong Joe?

sus ginoo! kagutom! ;D
    Cebu will be a stronger power in basketball very soon...
    Sulong Sri Vijaya!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast