twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Universities and Colleges of Luzon Athletic Association (UCLAA)

Share/Bookmark

Universities and Colleges of Luzon Athletic Association (UCLAA)

October 01, 2008 07:03 PM Wednesday* *
    UCLAA: The Next Big League*
    www.journal.com.ph

The Universities and Colleges of Luzon Athletic Association (UCLAA), the first sports league in the country to cover the entire Luzon area, kicks off its 1st season in the second week of November with competition in men’s and juniors basketball and women’s volleyball.
    Initiated by inaugural season host Saint Francis of Assisi College (SFAC), National College of Business and Arts (NCBA), Olivarez College-Tagaytay (OC-Tagaytay) and the Pa-mantasan ng Lunsod ng Muntinlupa (PLMUN), the UCLAA aims to raise sports conscisousness and promote excellence in sports competition among the youth enrolled in colleges and universities.
    The Association meets at 2 p.m. tomorrow, Oct. 2, at Mang Inasal Restaurant at the Mall of Asia in Pasay City to discuss further details of the season.* Interested schools may contact Monique Melencio at 0910-3698340 and 0927-9616074.
    UCLAA also seeks to create opportunities to actively involve member schools in promoting amateur sports, develop the ideals of sportsmanship and fair play among students, officials and athletes of member schools and serve as the catalyst in discovering and developing ath-letes with promising qualities and help in the nation’s quest for international recognition in sports.
    Officers of the 1st season are Arturo O. Onas, SFAC, president; Gigi Prats, SFAC, vice president; Sheila Samantela, OCT, secretary; Francisco Quinio, NCBA,* treasurer; and RJ Dumag, PLMUN, PRO.*
    Tournament fee is pegged at P25,000.* Mang Inasal and Deco’s are the league’s chief backers while Villa De Oro Resorts-Boracay and Magarbo Store are also providing support.*

Re: Universities and Colleges of Luzon Athletic Association (UCLAA)

I*strongly believe that this league's creation is an off-shoot of the SFAC*Doves' unceremonious removal from the last UCAA tournament. Don't expect to see the Las Pinas City-based school in the coming NCRAA wars as well.

Also, they should check their league name which is similar and confusing withh the United Central Luzon Athletic Association (UCLAA) which has a thread of its own in this forum.

anung mga skuls ksali dito?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyServinio
    I strongly believe that this league's creation is an off-shoot of the SFAC Doves' unceremonious removal from the last UCAA tournament. Don't expect to see the Las Pinas City-based school in the coming NCRAA wars as well.

Also, they should check their league name which is similar and confusing withh the United Central Luzon Athletic Association (UCLAA) which has a thread of its own in this forum.
    Tss. I guess SFAC would never make it to the NCAA then. Parang BAP to, gawa ng gawa ng ligang walang patutunguhan. Excuse me for whatever my statement would suggest.
    Burning Legion
    [url=http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Burning-Legion/222948157719870]

Quote Originally Posted by Get_Blazed
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyServinio
    * * *I strongly believe that this league's creation is an off-shoot of the SFAC Doves' unceremonious removal from the last UCAA tournament.* Don't expect to see the Las Pinas City-based school in the coming NCRAA wars as well.

* * *Also, they should check their league name which is similar and confusing withh the United Central Luzon Athletic Association (UCLAA) which has a thread of its own in this forum.
    Tss. I guess SFAC would never make it to the NCAA then. Parang BAP to, gawa ng gawa ng ligang walang patutunguhan. Excuse me for whatever my statement would suggest.

Who's behind this league?

BAP-influenced ba ito? or is it SBP?

but i observe parang sa 2nd sem sila magsisimula ng maiden season nila, so therefore, wala silang representative sa PCCL.

and kung BAP-influenced league ito, ibig sabihin sila sila mismo nag aaway away, this is an off-shoot of the NCRAA na hawak ni Abundo who is a staunch BAP hardliner.

ibig sabihin din nito, multiple identities nanaman para sa mga teams na kasali. Member na sila ng NCRAA, UCAA or CUSA tapos ito pang isa UCLAA.

ano ba ito, paramihan ng liga na walang substance eh pwede naman na isang liga na lang.

Down with the BAP!!!

Deport Graham Lim Now!!!

Support the SBP!!!

Long Live Philippine Basketball!!!
    "I Love Being Wrong Because That Makes Me Right!"

UCLAA opens first season on Nov. 25
    Manila Bulletin
    11/18/2008

St. Francis of Assisi College will host the inaugural season of the Universities and Colleges of Luzon Athletic Association (UCLAA) which fires off on Nov. 25 at the Makati Coliseum.

With 10 teams comprising the first league in the country to cover the entire Luzon area, UCLAA will hold tournaments in men’s and juniors basketball and women’s volleyball.

Aside from SFAC, other participating teams are National College of Business and Arts, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Muntinlupa, St. Jude College, University of the Philippines-Los Baños, De Ocampo Memorial College, Metro Manila College, Colegio De Sta. Monica, Las Piñas College and Philippine College of Criminology.

After the 9 a.m. opening rites of the newest league which will be graced by Senate President Manuel Villar and league adviser Joe Lipa, SFAC opens basketball hostilities at 10 a.m. against NCBA.

Other opening-day matches pit LPC versus DOMC at 11:30 a.m., MMC opposite UPLB at 1 p.m., PLMun against CSM at 2:30 p.m. and PCCr against SJC at 4 p.m.

Tournament format in senior basketball will have the top two teams advancing outright to the semifinals and the next two in the quarterfinals. The fifth to eighth-ranked squads will contest the other two quarterfinal seats.

The championship will be a best-of-three series.

SFAC is owned by Dr. Evangeline O. Orosco and Sapian, Capiz Mayor Arturo A. Orosco Sr. Elected officers in the 1st UCLAA season are Arturo Oñas of SFAC (president), Ma. Angeles Prats of SFAC (vice president), Rizalito Delmoro of SJC (secretary), Francisco Quinio Jr. of NCBA (treasurer), Genaro Cuaresma of UPLB (auditor) and Rommel Balancio of PLMun (public relations officer).

Aba. may basketball varsity na pala ang UPLB. I wonder what monicker they'd adopt.
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

Quote Originally Posted by JonarSabilano
    Aba. may basketball varsity na pala ang UPLB. I wonder what monicker they'd adopt.
    baka "Mountaineers" hehe ;D ???

Puwede ring "Aggies".
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

5-game bill ushers in UCLAA season
    Updated November 21, 2008 12:00 AM
    Philstar

The University and Colleges of Luzon Athletic Association (UCLAA) will unveil its inaugural basketball season with a heavy five-game bill set Nov. 25 at the Makati Coliseum.

Host St. Francis of Assisi College highlights the busy opening day schedule by taking on National College of Business and Arts at 10 a.m. followed by the game pitting Las Piñas College against De Ocampo Memorial College at 11:30 a.m.

Also on tap are matches between Metro Manila College and University of the Philippines-Los Baños at 1 p.m., Pamantasan Lungsod ng Muntinlupa and Colegio de Sta. Monica at 2:30 p.m. and Philippine College of Criminology and St. Jude College at 4 p.m.

“We’re called a promising new league because we’re the first sports league in the country to cover the whole Luzon area,” said league president Arturo Onas of St. Francis in yesterday’s media launch at the Barbara restaurant in Manila.

The event is supported by Mang Inasal, Air21, Besuto prawn crackers, Villa de Oro Boracay, Magarbo, Basketbolista magazine, Magnolia and www.gameface.com.ph.

Games in junior basketball and senior volleyball will be announced later.

Onas said the UCLAA seeks to create opportunities to actively involve member schools in promoting amateur sports and develop the ideals of sportsmanship and fair play among students.

The other UCLAA officers are St. Francis’ Gigi Prats (vice president), St. Jude’s Rizalito Delmoro (secretary), NCBA’s Francisco Quinio (treasurer) and PLMun’s Rommel Balancio (public relations officer). – Joey Villar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast