twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Great King Cardinals

Share/Bookmark

Re: Great King Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by LEMEN
    Quote Originally Posted by LION

Are you Winchester Lemen? Welcome to gameface.

Please no more update of the 1991 Cards lineup. We are still trying to forget that chapter in the history of the Red Lions.* ;D*

Seriously, your contributions are welcome anytime. Keep on posting.
    Yes, I am. How's Boybits now? We bumped on each other one time in the PBA. We hired the services of his brother, Bing, in one of the PBL days of my boss. Anyway, I don't want to imply anything with *my quote. Just wanted to enumerate and re instate the unsung heroes of NCAA during the 1991 finals. So much for that, where are you connected now LION? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks and bye for now.
    Boybits is doing fine. Still connected with the game he loves. *

I was just joking re your update of the King Cards. On the contrary, *we welcome the updates especially if it comes from you who played the game and was part of that historic event. *The impact of that series to my generation is so great that we haven't forgotten the MIT players who were responsible for our setback. *;D *

But a lot of things happened since then. Benny Cheng became one of my favorite players in the PBA because of his never-say-die type of play. Chito Victolero was part of the Red Lions championship team in 2006 as assistant coach under Koy Banal. Our Red Cubs, i.e., Rodel Ranises, TG Guillermo and Kevin Espinosa became Cardinals, and we are happy where they are now knowing that MIT can provide them with top quality education and a good basketball program to hone their talents.

Hoping our respective schools will meet again in the finals. *Cheers!

Hi Bigcat. It's nice to see you guys here in this forum. i am actually logging in to another forum. Anyway, thank you for accepting me here. Somebody emailed me and suggested that I go online here. Well, i guess there's a lot to talk about here. Congratulations guys. I miss those days though....
    Parang nakita kita sa PABL noon with Gary Topacio and Teddy Alamares sa TECHNOGAS team?
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by The_Big_Cat

Hi Bigcat. It's nice to see you guys here in this forum. i am actually logging in to another forum. Anyway, thank you for accepting me here. Somebody emailed me and suggested that I go online here. Well, i guess there's a lot to talk about here. Congratulations guys. I miss those days though....
    Parang nakita kita sa PABL noon with Gary Topacio and Teddy Alamares sa TECHNOGAS team?
    Bigcat, I think you saw me once when i was practicing. I only played for Red Bull and Springmaid. I never saw action in Tecnogas team. Btw, are you from Iloilo? I am now here in Davao and have my small business here. Anything in mind? I am into recycling and selling plastic products. Check on my website maybe you have something in mind that we can do. I can sell my products there in your place and have you as my point person. Thanks.

Are you Winchester Lemen? Welcome to gameface.

Please no more update of the 1991 Cards lineup. We are still trying to forget that chapter in the history of the Red Lions.* ;D*

Seriously, your contributions are welcome anytime. Keep on posting.
    Yes, I am. How's Boybits now? We bumped on each other one time in the PBA. We hired the services of his brother, Bing, in one of the PBL days of my boss. Anyway, I don't want to imply anything with *my quote. Just wanted to enumerate and re instate the unsung heroes of NCAA during the 1991 finals. So much for that, where are you connected now LION? Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks and bye for now.
    Boybits is doing fine. Still connected with the game he loves. *

I was just joking re your update of the King Cards. On the contrary, *we welcome the updates especially if it comes from you who played the game and was part of that historic event. *The impact of that series to my generation is so great that we haven't forgotten the MIT players who were responsible for our setback. *;D *

But a lot of things happened since then. Benny Cheng became one of my favorite players in the PBA because of his never-say-die type of play. Chito Victolero was part of the Red Lions championship team in 2006 as assistant coach under Koy Banal. Our Red Cubs, i.e., Rodel Ranises, TG Guillermo and Kevin Espinosa became Cardinals, and we are happy where they are now knowing that MIT can provide them with top quality education and a good basketball program to hone their talents.

Hoping our respective schools will meet again in the finals. *Cheers!

Lion, I hope so so we can relive those memories during my time and yours. Anyway, I will keep on posting. Thanks.

Whoa!! Mr.Lefty in the house!! The Left handed version of Jolas ;D Welcome to Gameface Mr.Lemen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emon74
    after Cheng, dalawa lng natandaan ko sa cardinals, not entirely greats

patrick benedicto
    chito victolero
    Hi Emon 74. I just want to update you of the 1991 Cards roster.

Guards:
    LEMEN
    TOPACIO
    RAMOS
    NICOLAS
    RUTIA (Deceased)
    MARIANO (Deceased)
    RONQUILLO
    DELA TORRE

Forwards
    ALCANTARA
    EVANGELISTA
    CHENG
    SO
    BALTAZAR
    ABAD
    DELA ROSA

If you noticed we don't have a Center. That's the secret of this team. A running and defensive team. Almost made it three peat in 92 but unluckily had problems in grading system of the school. 93 was still a contender with the acquisition of Jay Mendoza of San Sebastian but went for nothing due to problems again in grades. Till we chat again. Thanks. Bye for now.
    Tnx, never thought some of them are deceased, anyway from what i've gathered ilan pa sa mga Mapua players I had now in my lists.

Marcelino Olano
    Oscar Cabrera
    Oliver Marasigan
    Roderico Guilbuena
    John Bernales
    James Tuazon
    Ringo Jimenez

yes, in 1992 sayang di naka three peat ang Mapua, I think it was eventually champion Letran who ousted your school from the finals race.

Quote Originally Posted by bydpogi
    Whoa!! Mr.Lefty in the house!! The Left handed version of Jolas ;D Welcome to Gameface Mr.Lemen!!!
    Hi Bydpogi. Thanks for the invitation. It's nice to see you guys here. How are you?

Tnx, never thought some of them are deceased, anyway from what i've gathered ilan pa sa mga Mapua players I had now in my lists.

Marcelino Olano
    Oscar Cabrera
    Oliver Marasigan
    Roderico Guilbuena
    John Bernales
    James Tuazon
    Ringo Jimenez

yes, in 1992 sayang di naka three peat ang Mapua, I think it was eventually champion Letran who ousted your school from the finals race.
    Actually I was a member also of 1990 also but was benched by Joel Banal so he can still used me fresh for 5 years. Anyway, something went wrong along the way i guess.

Members of the 1990 champion team are:

Benny Cheng
    Boogie Olaño
    Oca Cabrera
    Gary Topacio
    Chester Lemen
    Randy Alcantara
    Reynold So
    Reuben Dela Rosa
    Kevin Ramas
    Bong Marasigan
    Ej Madrid
    Neri Ronquillo
    Mario Santos
    Manny Baltazar

Marcelino Olano
    Oscar Cabrera
    Oliver Marasigan
    Roderico Guilbuena
    John Bernales
    James Tuazon
    Ringo Jimenez

Actually I was a member also of 1990 also but was benched by Joel Banal so he can still used me fresh for 5 years. Anyway, something went wrong along the way i guess.

Members of the 1990 champion team are:

Benny Cheng
    Boogie Olaño
    Oca Cabrera
    Gary Topacio
    Chester Lemen
    Randy Alcantara
    Reynold So
    Reuben Dela Rosa
    Kevin Ramas
    Bong Marasigan
    Ej Madrid
    Neri Ronquillo
    Mario Santos
    Manny Baltazar

I forgot pala Thaddy Ramos.

all 15 are in. thanks.

^Hello Rifleman.

I was acquaintances with some of the guys you played with at Mapua.

Played with Kevin, Benny and Bong in a summer league in BF Paranaque. I remember picking up Kevin at the Philippine Star offices at the Port Area after pne of their practices with the company team. If I'm not mistaken, the core of the Mapua team including Coach Joel was "borrowed" for a number of inter-company tournaments. Even met Coach Joel once. Kevin and I would bump into each other a number of times over the years and would still exhange pleasantries.

I got to play with Boogie in a Bicolano inter-association tournament held in San Beda. Everybody who didn't knew him would just reder to or call him "Bobby Parks" because of the perceived physical resemblance.

In the mid-90's I got to play with and became good friends with ex-Cardinals John Bernales, Eric Abdullah and George Baltazar when we were playing for the Philippine Navy Basketball Team. They were all brought to the Navy by another one time Cardinal, Peter Tioseco. Eric is now working in a call center while John and George are with regular service of the Philippine Navy (George is a Navy Leutenant, Army Captain equivalent, the last time I spoke to him).

Great to read your stories. Hope to bump into you more in the threads.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast