twitterfacebookgoogle+register
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

UAAP Season 71 Game 17 The Championship: DLSU Green Archers vs. ADMU Blue Eagles

So guys, this is it. The battle that almost everyone is anticipating of. Most pundits have predicted this to happen before the season started due to Ateneo's sterling performance in the pre-season tournaments with their deep lineup and for La Salle because of the tactical prowess of coach Franz Pumaren despite having with an inferior lineup compared to the Blue Eagles. Both teams have gone separate roads going to the championship with La Salle fighting tooth and nail to beat FEU while Ateneo had an easy coasting win against UE.

Ateneo will be heavily favored in this series because of their dominating 13-1 record in the eliminations including their performance in last Sunday's final four game against UE wherein they thrashed the Red Warriors, 70-50. As we all know, Ateneo is very, very deep and complete in every position which makes them the top dogs to win the championship. If Rabeh, Chris, Eric, Jai , Nonoy, and Ryan will perform in their top level, I think it will be a tough day for the Archers on both ends.

Let's first check the back court. La Salle might be in the fight in this position since Jvee Casio will be the heart and soul of La Salle. He will be tasked to lead the team in scoring and playmaking to create opportunities for his teammates, in which I am hoping that they step up once again in order for DLSU to win or steal a game from the Blue Eagles. Atkins and Revilla will be hard pressed as well to do defense chores on Jai and Kirk especially to prevent the mismatches on Kirk posting up on Revilla at times due to size advantage.

As for the wing position, Chris will be the main focal point of the Eagles' offense while for DLSU, it will be Mangahas, Barua, and even Malabes. Buenafe steps into the picture as one of the vital cogs in this position as well as he will provide mismatches due to his upper body strength and all around offensive play. If Buenafe's man can make him work on the defensive end to tire him out then it might help a little bit to take Ryan out of focus on doing his scoring barrage and I hope that James and Peejay will be out to do this work.

For the frontcourt, this is where Ateneo's bread and butter work to perfection. Rabeh has been unstoppable as of the moment and he can beat La Salle in so many ways that I am praying at this point that La Salle bigs Walsham and Ferdinand will show up at least defensively on the finals series to put the hand cuffs on this Ateneo slotman who has a potent hookshot and medium range jumper. Aside from that Rabeh also finishes good at the break and is on the receiving end of the Ateneo guards' drop passes once they get the opportunity to drive in the paint.

This has been one of the best Ateneo seasons in years under coach Norman Black. He did tweaks here and there on his four years as Ateneo's head coach and it seems that he may already reap the seeds that he had sown since 2005. As for coach Franz Pumaren, he'll be in the same scenario as he was last year: facing a team that had beaten him twice in the eliminations. Last year, I was hoping that La Salle just sticks it out for the rest of the game and then pull the rug in the last minute or so in a chance to steal a game from the mighty UE Red Warriors. It even exceeded my expectations as La Salle won it's 7th men's basketball championship.

The strategies are already in place and this can only do so much to affect the game. For me, it will be still the players who will decide the outcome of the game. The team with a greater heart and will play smart basketball will win the championship series. No matter how good your planning and strategies are, if the players won't be able to execute all of them then all of the effort put into practice will go into waste. I hope everyone from the La Salle camp knows the gravity of the situation especially the rookies and everyone will step up when it matters most.

These are the games that really matter right now.

ANIMO LA SALLE!
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

Re: UAAP Season 71 Game 17 The Championship: DLSU Green Archers vs. ADMU Blue Eagles

For La Salle to win this series:

1. Start the game strong.
    2. Transition defense. Ateneo leads the UAAP in fastbreak points.
    3. Defensive rebounding. Avoid giving Ateneo second chance points.
    4. Balance scoring.
    5. Bench points. La Salle leads the UAAP in this category.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Re: UAAP Season 71 Game 17 The Championship: DLSU Green Archers vs. ADMU Blue Eagles

One thing is always a given when ateneo is in the UAAP Finals. It's the cue for many of them to come out of their rat holes and make their annoying presence felt all over cyberspace.

At the end of the day, DLSU will still win the crown. Iba ang La Salle pag championship.
    And that's the bottom line, because I said so!

^ I concur. I can't wait to see a shooting spree between Casio and Tiu. These two veterans play like there's no more tomorrow everytime their respective teams play against each other. I guess Rabeh and Baclao will have the edge though inside the shaded lane, dominating the boards so I'll expect the big guys of the Archers c/o Rico, PJ and James to do extra effort on boxing them out.

wat happened? where are you guys? care to post any comments? or are you hiding in your own rat holes as shyboy aptly put it?

La Salle has no answer to Rabeh. They clamp down Tiu and salamat but not Rabeh. Plus their horrible field goal percentage.
    Everything's Eventual

We lost to a better Ateneo team today. Al-Hussaini was all over us and we failed to find ways to handcuff this guy. Also add to that the NABRO factor (with Boyong Mañalac and Mat Calizar officiating, of course).

Bawi tayo sa Huwebes. Walang bibitaw.

AN1MO LA SALLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    La Salle has no answer to Rabeh. They clamp down Tiu and salamat but not Rabeh. Plus their horrible field goal percentage.
    Is Walsham injured? Why was he not fielded. He could probably done a better job than Ferdinand and Villanueva.

Re: UAAP Season 71 Game 17 The Championship: DLSU Green Archers vs. ADMU Blue Ea

Quote Originally Posted by sajubeads
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    Is Walsham injured? Why was he not fielded. He could probably done a better job than Ferdinand and Villanueva.
    Walsham is not injured. he played a minute or two kanina. the referees suck. BIG TIME! stupid fouls called on Malabes and Mangahas. that should've been a T only on Salamat for shoving Mangahas.
    ANIMO!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast