twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Wave Music Thread

Share/Bookmark

The New Wave Music Thread

This is kinda misleading but the New Wave term is much given weight in the Philippines than it is in European countries where most new wave bands came.

I started this thread hoping a lot here listen to this kind of genre and maybe i might ind some materials ive been looking for. Maybe you have old cd's to sell. ;D

So who listens to the following?

Echo And The Bunnymen
    The Cure
    The Railway Children
    The Lotus Eaters
    Psychedelic Furs
    China Crisis
    Wild Swans (my favorite band)
    New Order
    Depeche Mode
    The Chameleons

........to name a few
    Everything's Eventual

Re: The New Wave Music Thread

Longing for DWXB.

The Smiths for me.

mine would be:

1. blue nile--this group fronted by paul buchanan (a musical god in scotland) issues an album every seven years, and each one is outstanding. nevertheless, it's their album "hats" that really seals the deal for me. one of the most underrated recordings not only of the 80s but of all time. by the way, they enjoyed a revival of sorts after their classic "let's go out tonight," a morose, brooding song about hopelessness, was featured in the six feet under soundtrack. terminally hip.

2. china crisis--my favorites are their album "working with fire and steel" and "flaunt the imperfection." the song "you did cut me" just kills me everytime i hear it, which is, sad to say, not very often because i had it on vinyl.

3. lotus eaters--the song "first picture of you" represents the song of summer of '84, when i was an incoming high school senior. it still reverberates with meaning everytime i hear it on the radio.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Quote Originally Posted by bchoter
    Longing for DWXB.

The Smiths for me.
    Nice choice sir. My favorite Smiths song would be The Headmaster Ritual.

DWXB is still playing on air via the internet radio. Ill post the site. And local NW band Identity Crisis' Cool Carla is still the DJ.
    Everything's Eventual

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cubao
    mine would be:

1. blue nile--this group fronted by paul buchanan (a musical god in scotland) issues an album every seven years, and each one is outstanding. nevertheless, it's their album "hats" that really seals the deal for me. one of the most underrated recordings not only of the 80s but of all time. by the way, they enjoyed a revival of sorts after their classic "let's go out tonight," a morose, brooding song about hopelessness, was featured in the six feet under soundtrack. terminally hip.

2. china crisis--my favorites are their album "working with fire and steel" and "flaunt the imperfection." the song "you did cut me" just kills me everytime i hear it, which is, sad to say, not very often because i had it on vinyl.

3. lotus eaters--the song "first picture of you" represents the song of summer of '84, when i was an incoming high school senior. it still reverberates with meaning everytime i hear it on the radio.
    Very cool bands you mentioned. I have recorded on radio before Ble Nile's Second Act and of course, the classic Stay.

Ah yes, China Crisis. I love their No More Blue Horizons. I had their Collection but its missing my two fave songs from them. Highest High and Some People.

Lotus Eaters who held a concert here a few years back are NW classics. I love their German Girl andCan You Keep A Secret. BTW, their Bassist Kelly joined Wild Swans after they broken up.
    Everything's Eventual

May i add the following bands

The Go-Betweens
    Care
    Siouxie And The Banshees
    The Housemartins
    The Clash
    The Lightning Seeds
    Suzanne Vega
    REM (pre Out Of Time)
    U2 (up to The Joshua Tree)
    Talk Talk
    Everything's Eventual

^^^
    Dami kong CD ng mga yan! Yahooooo!

Eto pa:

The Care
    Specials/Terry Hall/Colourfield
    Weather Prophets
    Jesus and Mary Chain
    Midnight Oil
    The The
    The Call
    The Fall
    The Pale Fountains
    The Church
    Style Council
    The Jam
    Translator
    The Cult
    Big Audio Dynamite
    The Waterboys
    The Alarm
    10,000 Maniacs

Yeah baby!
    COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

Alpahaville's "Forever Young" ba ang "emote" ng thread na ito. ;D

Aside form the 80s New Wave scene, some later bands are also worth mentioning like The Beautiful South fronted by Paul Heaton of the Housemartins.

COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

Yes. Beautifu; South. Love their Pretty Eyes and 36D. Whatever that means. ;D

I hope you also appreciate, since you mentioned later bands, the following

The Charlatans
    Inspiral carpets
    Ride
    Boo Radleys
    Pale Saints
    Love Spit Love

Good thing to know some here are wavers.
    Everything's Eventual

http://www.live365.com/stations/xb_102

they're playing joy division right now...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast