twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: The Great King Stags!

Share/Bookmark
  1. #11

    Re: The Great King Stags!

    Quote Originally Posted by christian
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    Rommel Adducul has won at almost every level: high school, college, the PBL, the MBA and the PBA. I doubt if there are any other San Sebastian players who have had as much success as he had.
    Sir Joe, san ba nag HS si Rommel? And how did he land in SSC-R? TY.
    I have a professor who told me that he was about to try out for san beda pero hindi daw pinapasok kasi naka-tsinelas kaya he crossed the street. ;D I dont even know if this is true, but I always hear it.

  2. #12

    Re: The Great King Stags!

    Quote Originally Posted by King_stag
    Quote Originally Posted by christian
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    Rommel Adducul has won at almost every level: high school, college, the PBL, the MBA and the PBA. I doubt if there are any other San Sebastian players who have had as much success as he had.
    Sir Joe, san ba nag HS si Rommel? And how did he land in SSC-R? TY.
    I have a professor who told me that he was about to try out for san beda pero hindi daw pinapasok kasi naka-tsinelas kaya he crossed the street. ;D I dont even know if this is true, but I always hear it.
    yeah that's the urban legend sabi ng iba naligaw daw kaya napunta sa baste... nag HS yata siya sa cagayan.

  3. #13

    Re: The Great King Stags!

    He is from St. Paul's College Tuguegarrao and he represented Cagayan Valley in the Palarong Pambansa volleyball tournament.

  4. #14

    Re: The Great King Stags!

    Quote Originally Posted by King_stag
    Quote Originally Posted by christian
    Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    Rommel Adducul has won at almost every level: high school, college, the PBL, the MBA and the PBA. I doubt if there are any other San Sebastian players who have had as much success as he had.
    Sir Joe, san ba nag HS si Rommel? And how did he land in SSC-R? TY.
    I have a professor who told me that he was about to try out for san beda pero hindi daw pinapasok kasi naka-tsinelas kaya he crossed the street.* ;D I dont even know if this is true, but I always hear it.
    That's why I asked

  5. #15

    Re: The Great King Stags!

    Quote Originally Posted by bchoter
    He is from St. Paul's College Tuguegarrao and he represented Cagayan Valley in the Palarong Pambansa volleyball tournament.
    How's that for a King Stag? Two-sport athlete! ;D

    What I really wonder about is why he chose to play in the MBA when his peers including former RP Youth teammates Danny Ildefonso and Bryan Gahol went to the PBA.

    Of course in the MBA Adducul was arguably the best player there and was the pillar of the Manila Metrostars. Still, why didn't he just go straight to the PBA?

    One last thing, wasn't Adducul also part of that ABC Asian All Stars team that included that knucklehead 6'8" Chinese forward who was a teammate of Wang Zhizhi's and Yao Ming's? I think they played an exhibition game against a bunch of PBA All Stars and had their arses handed to them. In that game Adducul got his shot blocked twice by Eric Menk in one sequence. Adducul was still with the MBA then and the PBA fans gave him a lot of grief with heckles, boos, hisses and jeers during that game.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

  6. #16

    Re: The Great King Stags!

    Not sure but I think the substantial difference between what he got in the MBA, which was said to be 500K a month and paid partially by the MBA, and the max salary offered in the PBA (rookie or otherwise). I think the max salary in the PBA is no longer 500K.

  7. #17

    Re: The Great King Stags!

    Bchoter, I believe the maximum individual salary now in the PBA is P350,000 a month. It used to be P500,000 a month from around 1988 until around 1998 I think.

    Moving on to Adducul's financial considerations and all, if that be the case then how come equally talented players like Ildefonso and Gahol still chose to go to the PBA? Although I'd wager Adducul must have been the only one among his peers offered that much. Probably why the MBA eventually folded up - the whole league was playing just to pay Adducul's salary. ;D

    Among the present Stags I'd say Jim Viray would have to be the man. He is the undisputed leader of the team and his play normally reflects his team's performance, i.e. if he plays well especially when his numbers are good the Stags win, the reverse also being generally true.

    Speaking of King Stags, whatever became of Viray's former teammates 6'3" swingman Red Vicente, 6'4" power forward Omar Ampatuan and 6'8" center Jon-jon De Leon?
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

  8. #18

    Re: The Great King Stags!

    Omar Moses ampatuan was cutted by team. Francis De Leon plays for a team in Liga Pilipinas

  9. #19

    Re: The Great King Stags!



    Bong Alvarez score 71 points in 1 game greatest among Stags
    http://www.bnbtobacco.com/

    http://drenchedfitness.com/

    http://porchpotty.com

  10. #20

    Re: The Great King Stags!

    Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    One last thing, wasn't Adducul also part of that ABC Asian All Stars team that included that knucklehead 6'8" Chinese forward who was a teammate of Wang Zhizhi's and Yao Ming's? I think they played an exhibition game against a bunch of PBA All Stars and had their arses handed to them. In that game Adducul got his shot blocked twice by Eric Menk in one sequence. Adducul was still with the MBA then and the PBA fans gave him a lot of grief with heckles, boos, hisses and jeers during that game.
    It was actually Marlou Aquino who blocked Rommel Adducul in that play. The Chinese teammate of Adducul was Li Nan.

    IIRC, Adducul came in late in that all-star game because he had a game earlier in the MBA for the Manila MetroStars.
    This was in 2000. When the Asian Basketball Confederation (now FIBA-Asia) All-Star selection met the PBA Alll-Stars.
    Adducul was part of the ABC All Stars. The ABC All Stars was composed of the different players from all of Asia.

    It was a yearly calendar for the ABC. A year before that it was the South Korean All Stars vs ABC All Stars.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL


 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

 
Visitor count:
Copyright 2005 - 2013. Gameface.ph