twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official 2008 Lineup of Informatics

Share/Bookmark

Official 2008 Lineup of Informatics

Coaches Babs Reyes and Pepe Sanchez are looking to put together a strong Informatics team.

So who are on the official lineup of Informatics? And by the way, what is your team called, the INFORMERS? ;D

FYI Coach Reyes' boy Miguel is the starting pointguard of Lasalle Greenhills' NCAA high school team. Yes, that would be MIKEE Reyes.

Re: Official 2008 Lineup of Informatics

This team is called the ICONS.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

The Informatics Icons won its first official college basketball game on opening day of NAASCU; beating Holy Angels University Pampanga by a whopping 32 pts. Final score 83-51.
    After falling 0-7 in the first 3 minutes of play; missing easy baskets and throwing away the ball a couple of times, it looked like it would be a nightmarish start for the Icons.
    But their energy brought them back in the game right away and there was no looking back ...
    Coach Budds Reyes seems to have a luxury of energetic guards.

It remains to be seen, if the Icons can sustain their intensity.* So far, so good.
    Team to beat is still STI and UM.

Congratulations on your first win.*

^ Wolf, who are the top players to watch out for in the Informatics lineup? I heard you have an American on the lineup?
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    ^ Wolf, who are the top players to watch out for in the Informatics lineup? I heard you have an American on the lineup?
    Hobson, a fil-am, who plays the wings seems to be a shooter. He hit a couple of 3's yesterday. Most probably he led the team in scoring last night.* But what's impressive about them is their very aggressive run and gun type of game; very quick and they're always attacking; puro drive and kicks.* I overheard the makisig channel personnel instructing to get highlights of this team because of their aggressiveness; a delight to watch...

But then again its just the first game and Holy Angels isnt that strong I think.* And the Icons relatively have a smaller line-up compared to the favorites STI, UM, St. Clare and SSC-Cavite.* I guess that is why theyre using speed to offset this.

I understand the Informatics basketball practices only started this summer.* I got to talk to 1 player and he said Coach Budds Reyes went around Metromanila and nearby Rizal towns to recruit players coz this is actually a new program; as in ngayon lang pumasok Informatics sa college basketball.

Coach Budds used to coach San Beda several years ago and he was responsible for bringing Alex Angeles, Aljamal, Magay and Ronnie Bughao to the Red Lions fold.

Let's see how far he can go building the Icons...

Congrats to the Icons, once word goes around that Informatics is a good team, it would not be a problem to recruit players for them. When the STI College Olympians were starting nobody even thought that STI can come up with a competitive team much less most of them havent event heard of the NAASCU. Informatics is lucky that they have hired a good coach and can even ride on the popularity of the NAASCU to recruit.

Good luck to the Icons, we hope you can add flavor to the CYBER WARS!!!
    Mhel "the Pogi" Garrido
    The Real Aga Muhlach

I'd like to know more about that Hobson guy? and how he is doing in the team?

Informatics Sr team lost to SSC Cavite. After fighting tooth and nail in the first half, the Icons lost steam in the 2nd half committing so many passing errors and missing easy baskets as SSC built leads of more than 20 points.
    I guess this time the inexperience of a new team showed against one of the top teams in the NAASCU.
    But Hobson again showed the way for Informatics with his outside sniping.
    Coach Budds still have a lot of work to do.
    By the way, Informatics have a junior team also and they won earlier over SSC Cavite. Coach Budds also coaches this team. In NAASCU, eligibility for juniors is 18 years old and below whether high school or college so this eliminates cheating and bringing back kids to high school again.
    So program really looks good with a junior training team. All players of Informatics, jrs and srs are in college.

San Sebastian Cavite is where I first saw the elder Bringas. They also used to have Cenito and Bolocon, both of whom are now in the PBL.

As for Hobson he can shoot and move well without the ball, but I wouldn't trust him to be the go-to guy for the Icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Miguel
    San Sebastian Cavite is where I first saw the elder Bringas. They also used to have Cenito and Bolocon, both of whom are now in the PBL.

As for Hobson he can shoot and move well without the ball, but I wouldn't trust him to be the go-to guy for the Icons.
    Thats because your biased

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast