twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tennis thread

Share/Bookmark

Tennis thread

post here all the latest updates and news on major tennis leagues.

i'll start.

RE: Wimbledon '08. Federer's match was cancelled earlier due to heavy rain while Sharapova, Jankovic, Ivanovic, Djokovic, Ferrer were ousted last week.

i think it would be Federer vs. Nadal in the finals(just like in the Roland Garros) and Williams vs. Williams in the women's.
    ANIMO!

Re: Tennis thread

NADAL DEF. FEDERER, 6-4, 6-4, 6-7, 6-7, 9-7! ;D
    *clap-clapclap-clap-clap-clap-clap* FIGHT!
    The original. The one word that conquers.

----

"We will kill them all."

-- Optimus Prime, referring to Decepticons in Transformers 3

Nadal broke the Federer serve in the third game of the first set for an early 2-1 first set lead.
    Actually, Nadal had a chance to finish the match when he had two championship points in the tie break of the fourth set but wilted under pressure as Federer extended it to a deciding 5th set.

This was the best Wimbledon Finals I have seen since the Goran Ivanisevic-Patric Rafter in the late 90s that took over 5 hours to finish.

Nadal now become the first player since Bjorn Borg to win the French Open and Wimbledon in the same year.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

according to espn... this match is one of the 5 greatest wimbledon finals ever.

instant classic.
    Defining John Paul is an exercise in futility...

Thanks to that rain delay, I fell asleep after Federer won the third set. Busit na ulan yan.
    People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

Tindi ng finals ng men's and women's! Sayang talo nga lang si Federer.
    Silence Hung Suspcious and Anxious, Like A Blanket Covered Scream

Looks like Nadal is creeping in on Roger, I won't be surprised if he overtakes him eventually for the number one ranking. With his improved serve, Nadal is now a threat in all surfaces. I like him better than Novak who tends to be too arrogant and overconfident.

Federer is already 28 while Nadal is only 22. Djokovic is around 20. The younger turks are creeping up behind Roger's back.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

And with Nadal appearing to be nearly invincible in the French Open, Federer's shot at winning all the slams and his claim to the "Greatest Ever" tag is in jeopardy.

swerte si federer at inulan iyong 3rd set kung hindi straight sets ang inabot niya ;D

i'm impressed w/ the utter dominance displayed by the williams sister in the distaff side of the draw. they easily ruled the singles & the doubles divisions of the tournament, making the hallowed gounds of wimbledon their personal playground
    "To be or not to be, that always confuses me." - Shake The Spear

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast