twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 FilOil-Flying V Pre-Season Invitational Cup

Share/Bookmark

Re: 2008 FilOil-Flying V Pre-Season Invitational Cup

Quote Originally Posted by gameface_one
    As of tonite, venue will be in ULTRA and San Juan Arena.

Find below some points on the mechanics of the format:

1. Elimination Crossover format
    2. Team A members will only go up against Team B members
    3. Best 4 teams per group shall proceed to the quarterfinals
    4. Tie breakers will be based on the FIBA quotient system
    5. Knock-out basis from quarterfinals onwards
    6. Intra-group basis from quarterfinals and semi-finals
    7. A1 vs A4; A2 vs. A3; B1 vs B4; B2 vs. B3; Winners play each other in the semis
    8. Winners of semis play each other (cross over) for the championship (1 game only)
    9. Semis losers play for 3rd (1 game only)

Thanks for the information sir. More power!

stonecold316
    And that's the bottom line, because I said so!

mag kk alaman na d2 ng sekret weapon ng mga skul
    ARRIBA LETRAN!

I just wonder if this time the teams invited will field their A-list players. Since this is probably the premiere off-season tournament now, I feel the teams better send their best players. I've never really seen the wisdom of all this "hiding" of players. For cryin' out loud, how long can you keep a really good player a secret? And if its a veteran, how much of his game do you have to hide? I say let all the teams put together their best lineups and let's see who really comes out on top, no holding back and no more hiding.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    I just wonder if this time the teams invited will field their A-list players. Since this is probably the premiere off-season tournament now, I feel the teams better send their best players. I've never really seen the wisdom of all this "hiding" of players. For cryin' out loud, how long can you keep a really good player a secret? And if its a veteran, how much of his game do you have to hide? I say let all the teams put together their best lineups and let's see who really comes out on top, no holding back and no more hiding.
    There is a strong chance na ang makikita nating line-up will be the same just like sa Fr. Martin Cup. ;D ;D ;D

I believe that the coaches will use their new recruits more often as possible to sharpen their skills pagdating ng UAAP at NCAA. Anyway, excited nako dito kasi at least yung ibang teams na hindi nakasali sa Fr. Martin Cup eh makikita na rin natin.

stonecold316
    And that's the bottom line, because I said so!

hey
    Quote Originally Posted by stonecold316
    Heard that UST might skip this tournament pala. So far, team officials have not yet decided if they will join the Fil-Oil Summer league dahil sunod-sunod na ang mga pre-season tournaments na sinasalihan nila. Baka this might take its toll sa mga bata. ;D ;D ;D

stonecold316

hey dude, has this been confirmed yet? I would love to watch our tigers again on this tourney.

Looks like San Beda was placed in the tougher group. San Beda will battle FEU, ADMU, JRU and UE in Group 1.

Group 2 seems to be a lot easier. From the looks of it, the FilOil Finals will be DLSU or UST vs. Ateneo or San Beda or FEU or UE or JRU.

ano na po ang schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by LION

Looks like San Beda was placed in the tougher group.* San Beda will battle FEU, ADMU, JRU and UE in Group 1.*

Group 2 seems to be a lot easier.* From the looks of it, the FilOil Finals will be DLSU or UST vs. Ateneo or San Beda or FEU or UE or JRU.*

Pareng LION, crossover elimination yata ang format. That means the teams will not be playing against the teams in their group during the eliminations.

Tila malalakas ang nasa Gr 1, kawawa ang karamihan ang nasa Gr 2 dahil yung Gr 1 teams ang makakalaban nila.

Sino kaya ang gumawa ng grouping?

Having Perpetual, Adamson, Benilde and UP all in Gr 2 seems not right. Lahat yan nasa bottom 2 ng magkabilang liga, pero eto at magkasama sa isang group!
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

My bad. ;D

Cross over eliminations nga pala as previously posted by gameface_one. Even then, DLSU and UST will still most probably represent Group 2 in the semis. ;D

^^^

Pareng Lion, you're too kind. Kalawang ang mga Green Archers namin even though some of them played in the last Father Martin Cup open division. Plus ang daming nawalang players most notably Ty Tang and Cholo Villanueva who were instrumental in helping us bagged the first Fil-Oil pre season tourney last year. And most probably, coach Franz will not be coaching in the tournament as he is busy with the RP youth team. But although mas mahirap ang makakalaban namin in the elims against Ateneo, San Beda, UE, FEU and JRU, in my opinion, this will serve us better in the long run than playing against the weaker teams like Adamson, Perpetual, CSB and UP (with due respect to these teams).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast