twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mapua Red Robins back

Share/Bookmark

Re: Mapua Red Robins back

Welcome back Mapua Red Robins!

Kasama ba ang mga Red Robins sa mga off-season/summer tournaments? ???

Good luck.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by oca
    Quote Originally Posted by st_ang3r
    nice development...pero i think wala na yung rivalry ng red cubs and red robins sa juniors kasi i dont think competitive ang juniors namin ngayon...sana lang may recruits din sila na magagaling para naman hindi kami kulelat...hehe
    Not yet. Pero pag ganyang nagpapasimula ka, people.. the fans, will understand if the Red Robins do get a lot of beating this year and even next year.

Crucial here is the people behind the organization. How much basketball orientation do they have? How far will they go to support the team? If they have the right mix, by the third year they should be turning the tables on the other teams.

...at gaya ng ng sabi ni redz16, sana maibalik yung dating scheduling* na sabay maglalaro sa isang playday ang Juniors and Seniors ng bawat paaralan.

Mapua as host should find wisdom in bringing back the old scheduling, if only to develop a sense of belonging in the very young community* of the Malayan HS of Science.

Sporting events can and will serve that purpose of developing camaraderie and kinship in the academic community.

Pag hiniwalay mo yung playday ng Juniors, sila at sila lang yan, mga pamilya at malapit na kaibigan lang ng mga players ng manonood. Pero isabay mo yan sa Seniors, with the Cardinals competitive as they are, may hatak yan sa buong communidad.
    * * *AS IN any rivalry, statistics are thrown out once they meet on the court.* It does not matter if they are tied or at different ends of the standings, as long as a team faces its rival they give it their all.* That's the extra push that comes in.

* * *Having said that, the challenge for the coaching staff and school officials is to incalcate in the minds of the new Red Robins what their rivalry with the Red Cubs was like.* Note that this current batch of students has no connection at all with the old Mapua High School (unless they have a relative or two who studied there).

Mapua High School lineup in the Nike Summer League

DOMINGO, Ivan
    ROXAS, Bien
    ABAD, Roilo
    POBRE, Dan
    AVIZO, Angelo
    HERBREZA, Ryan Glenn
    ESPIRITU, Justine
    VICTUELLES, Mickey
    ALEJANDRO, JJ
    CASTILLO, Stacy
    GONZALES, BJ
    GUILLA, Reynaldo
    DELA CRUZ, Joshua
    MACALINO, Paolo
    REYES, Dominique

BTW, they were just blown out by St Stephen High School earlier, 70-38.

It is payback time for the Red robins. They had a long run as top dog in the NCAA high school ranks when Ike Liwanag was the coach. Other schools can now give them a taste of their own medicine.

Malayan is a science high school. How can they recruit "jocks" to co-exists with the nerds?

Quote Originally Posted by nastrans
    Mapua High School lineup in the Nike Summer League

DOMINGO, Ivan
    ROXAS, Bien
    ABAD, Roilo
    POBRE, Dan
    AVIZO, Angelo
    HERBREZA, Ryan Glenn
    ESPIRITU, Justine
    VICTUELLES, Mickey
    ALEJANDRO, JJ
    CASTILLO, Stacy
    GONZALES, BJ
    GUILLA, Reynaldo
    DELA CRUZ, Joshua
    MACALINO, Paolo
    REYES, Dominique

sir nastrans...whats the height of these players? if i'm not mistaken they are still recruiting players...

I saw the players practicing at the MIT gym last thursday night. medyo maliliit nga. basketball-wise di pa ganoong polished ang mga galaw (some of them were fumbling at the passing drill). pero in time these young red robins will grow and, provided the admin gets to recruit some blue-chip players for the coming seasons, i see the Red Robins contending again for the crown 3-5 years from now.

SSHS(St. Stephen's) is my HS alma mater! A Chinese School playing in the Tiong Lian league(MMTLBA) with powerhouses Xavier and Chiang Kai Shek.

p.s. Sorry for the OT.

Back to topic, how true is that after Season 84, Mapua's HS squad would be disbanded once again?
    Burning Legion
    [url=http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Burning-Legion/222948157719870]

Quote Originally Posted by Get_Blazed
    SSHS(St. Stephen's) is my HS alma mater! A Chinese School playing in the Tiong Lian league(MMTLBA) with powerhouses Xavier and Chiang Kai Shek.

p.s. Sorry for the OT.

Back to topic, how true is that after Season 84, Mapua's HS squad would be disbanded once again?
    i read from an article na kaya may juniors team this year ang mapua is because as a host, it is a requirement to have a junior team.. kung wala.. disqualified sila.. kaya disbanding that team is most likely to happen..

Quote Originally Posted by aircanda
    Quote Originally Posted by Get_Blazed

p.s. Sorry for the OT.

i read from an article na kaya may juniors team this year ang mapua is because as a host, it is a requirement to have a junior team.. kung wala.. disqualified sila.. kaya disbanding that team is most likely to happen..
    Sabi ko nga. Thanks.
    Burning Legion
    [url=http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Burning-Legion/222948157719870]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast