twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: STI College Olympians 2008-2009

Share/Bookmark

Re: STI College Olympians 2008-2009

Quote Originally Posted by christian
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyServinio
    * * *TWO players of note that have been recruited to beef up the STI Olympians' NAASCU title defense are Martin Antonio of San Beda and one-time UE Warrior Raymond Leyga via STI-De Los Santos.* With the future in mind, Coach Victor Ycasiano has taken in a bunch of young recruits from Cagayan de Oro, including the best player of STI-CdO.
    Sir Anthony, graduate na ba si Martin? Nakakalito naman...
    Ngayon ko lang nakita ito. I thought he is aiming for a basketball analyst/host career.
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_lion
    Quote Originally Posted by christian
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyServinio
    TWO players of note that have been recruited to beef up the STI Olympians' NAASCU title defense are Martin Antonio of San Beda and one-time UE Warrior Raymond Leyga via STI-De Los Santos. With the future in mind, Coach Victor Ycasiano has taken in a bunch of young recruits from Cagayan de Oro, including the best player of STI-CdO.
    Sir Anthony, graduate na ba si Martin? Nakakalito naman...
    Ngayon ko lang nakita ito. I thought he is aiming for a basketball analyst/host career.
    Coach VIc Ycasiano has basketball in his blood. He also sidelines as a commentator on television because of his intellect and charisma. Besides that he also coaches the Southville High School Basketball team and was deputy commissioner to Ed Cordero in season 70 of the UAAP. That just shows his versatility. At saka Mighty Lion, you should be proud coz he is a Bedan!

Mhel "the Pogi" Garrido
    The Real Aga Muhlach

Quote Originally Posted by nastrans
    Mhel,

I heard from Lenon Lasin that he will join STI this season and is playing in the FMC.

Since our two lead point guards from last year's team did not make the age cut, (both are 24 by the start of the season) we are in dire need of a reliable point guard. Lenon is now playing as the lead guard of STI in the FMC. Unless we have a younger PG who can contribute rightaway then I believe he will suit up for us in the NAASCU.
    Mhel "the Pogi" Garrido
    The Real Aga Muhlach

Mhel,

Lasin will be a great addition at the point if he indeed makes the NAASCU ranks.

Another Patriot has turned into an Olympian.

Nastrans,

Bow ako sa mga players niyo! All of them who transferred and played with STI showed tremendous discipline and
    lahat go hard. Kaya nga whenever Coach Vic tells me na meron gusto lumipat from DLS-Dasma to STI, as long as may lugar sa line up ni Coach may go signal kagad ako.

Actually, the only thing going against Lasin is 23 na siya which means baka this season lang siya makalaro if ever.
    Lets see, 80 days to go before the season opens. Marami pa pwede mangyari.
    Mhel "the Pogi" Garrido
    The Real Aga Muhlach

Basically the team is made up for a run-and-gun and a team that emphasizes on defense, medyo over the past few years naglagged kami sa depensa dahil sa lack of manpower and also madalas magchoke sa end game.

But individually there good, talented, etc. although the discipline part I dont know dahil minsan napapaaway sila but bihira lang mainvolve sa ganyan, madalas yung mga ibang players. Pero tutal si coach Vic iyan at matotone down naman niya siguro sila.

As for Lasin, oo may katandaan nga lang at hopefully di rin macontest siya sa eligibility because he had played for so long in DLSU-D.

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    Mhel could you post your current lineup along with the heights and positions?
    Post ko na lang kung final na..baka may changes pa kasi august pa nga ang NAASCU and we are still finalizing the last 5 slots of the team.
    Mhel "the Pogi" Garrido
    The Real Aga Muhlach

Just this morning in a practice game the Olympians beat the UST Growling Tigers.
    Obviously Jervy Cruz didnt play. Since I was not able to watch I will just give details again
    on who played when I get a report on the game
    Mhel "the Pogi" Garrido
    The Real Aga Muhlach

Our recruitment has taken us to Cagayan de Oro, Laguna and Ormoc but I think we have reserved the best for last.
    Coach Vic Y will be going to Cebu to talk to two cagers who i hope will join our campaign this year.
    I hope that he will bring good news coz if these two join us, we will be opening the doors for STI to recruit from CEBU.
    WIll just keep you guys posted as time permits.
    Mhel "the Pogi" Garrido
    The Real Aga Muhlach

The STI College Olympians ended their campaign with a win against new NAASCU Member INFORMATICS .
    The win placed the Olympians at 11th place. From the reports I have been getting, I believe the two months training of the Olympians is right on track.Blending the five returnees with the twelve newcomers is no easy job, the team lost a lot of tune up games and FMC games but more importantly gained the needed experience in those games going to
    the last two months of preparation.

We hope that the next two months will be enough for the new batch of Olympians to get back to the groove that won the NAASCU last year.
    Mhel "the Pogi" Garrido
    The Real Aga Muhlach

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast