twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Formula One Racing Season 2008

Share/Bookmark

Formula One Racing Season 2008

Formula One, abbreviated to F1, is the highest class of auto racing defined by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), motor sport's world governing body. The "formula" in the name is a set of rules which all participants and cars must meet. The F1 world championship season consists of a series of races, known as Grands Prix, held usually on purpose-built circuits, and in a few cases on closed city streets. The results of each race are combined to determine two annual World Championships, one for drivers and one for constructors.
    “A person is a person through another person... I can’t be all I can be unless you are all you can be...”

Re: Formula One Racing Season 2008

Schumacher returns but Lewis is quickest
    Link: http://www.malaya.com.ph/feb27/spor6.htm

LONDON — Lewis Hamilton gave retired seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher a taste of his pace on the first day of Formula One’s final preseason test in Barcelona on Monday.

The 23-year-old McLaren driver, returning to the Circuit de Cata-lunya where he suffered racist abuse from spectators at the start of the month, topped the timesheets in 1:22.276 ahead of Ferrari’s world champion Kimi Raikkonen in 1:22.319.

Schumacher, still quick at 39 years old and despite his retirement at the end of 2006, was third fastest in 1:22.428. He was stepping in as a one-day replacement for Brazilian Felipe Massa at Ferrari.

It was the first time the German had driven the F2008 car after participating in several tests for the Italian team last season.

He did 83 laps to Raikkonen’s 82 in a session that started wet and overcast.

Japan’s Kazuki Nakajima was fourth fastest for Toyota-powered Williams, with McLaren’s Finnish driver Heikki Kova-lainen placing fifth and Ger-many’s Nico Rosberg sixth for Williams.

Renault’s double world champion Fernando Alonso was seventh.

"We spent most of the day doing pit stop practice with the mechanics and everything went okay, no problems," said the Spaniard.

"It was important to do this to get everybody ready for the first race in Australia."

The Force India team gave its new VJM01 car its track debut, with Germany’s Adrian Sutil setting the ninth-fastest time of the 19 drivers present and Italian test driver Vitantonio Liuzzi 12th.

"We were running 60 percent of the aero package we will use in Australia and it seemed to go well," said technical head Mike Gascoyne.

The season starts in Melbourne on March 16.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Schuey! Welcome back! We missed you! Palitan mo na si Felipe Massa!
    “A person is a person through another person... I can’t be all I can be unless you are all you can be...”

Anyone going to Sepang? ;D
    Shoot 6-24? No problem. Got my 5th ring.

dinadaya na raw ang mclaren

w00t

Epekto lang yon ng Stepneygate
    Shoot 6-24? No problem. Got my 5th ring.

The next stop, British Grand Prix this weekend.
    Home turf of Lewis Hamilton and Mclaren.

The FIA has added DUBAI to the formula one calendar.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

piquet pwned alonso @ germany :D

Felipe Massa was handed down the 2008 Belgian Grand Prix trophy after Lewis Hamilton was given a 25 second penalty at the end of the race.

Hamilton finished the race 1st, Massa finished second and Heidfelt 3rd. But the FIA reviewed the last 4 laps of the top 2 cars between then race leader* Kimi Raikonnen and Lewis Hamilton. Hamilton was stripped of the win. As I saw it from last night, Hamilton took a short cut in one of the chicanes that gave him a momentary lead over Raikonen. Hamilton did not backed off "totally" and therefore gained an advantage over Kimi. Kimi then crashed out in the following lap allowing Hamilton to take the chequered flag. McLaren will file an appeal with the FIA.

Massa now cuts the lead of Hamilton to just 2 points with 5 races remaining.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Hamilton driving for points in Japan
    http://www.tempo.com.ph/news.php?aid=41385

FUJI SPEEDWAY, Japan (AFP) - Lewis Hamilton goes into the Japan Grand Prix on Sunday with a seven-point lead over championship rival Felipe Massa having learned a valuable lesson at the last race in Singapore.

The McLaren ace was stuck behind David Coulthard on the tricky street circuit but curbed his natural instinct to overtake the Scotsman knowing that Massa was outside the points and the risk wasn’t worth taking.

It proved to be a good decision, with Coulthard pitting and Hamilton eventually finishing third while Massa laboured home in 13th.

"I actually think Singapore was a good learning experience: there was less pressure to achieve a victory because of the unusual circumstances, which meant I was actually able to start thinking of the world championship,’’ he said.

"I hate driving for points, but I think we can all see the benefit of that approach at the moment.’’

With just three races left this season, Hamilton is well-placed to claim the world title that eluded him in 2007.

He won at the Fuji Speedway last year to have a 12-point lead with two Grand Prix left, but it went pear-shaped in China and Brazil as Kimi Raikkonen cashed in on Hamilton’s mistakes to win the title.

The Briton vividly remembers the victory here last year in torrential rain, and is ready for whatever the elements throw at him again this weekend.

"Last year might have been difficult because of the wet weather and the poor visibility, but I actually really enjoyed that weekend,’’ he said.

"The Japanese fans are some of my favourite in the world: so passionate, but really polite, charming and respectful.

Timo Glock, you SUCK.

but seriously, congratulations to F1's newest and youngest Champion, Lewis Hamilton. you deserve it.

+ Reply to Thread