twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Survey 3: What specifically DON'T you like about Gameface.ph?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Survey 3: What specifically DON'T you like about Gameface.ph?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco D
    Hey GF1 and the other mods, not exactly something "I don't like" (nothing really - keep up the darn good work), but is it possible to spiff-up the color scheme of the forum?* The shade of green on the thread bullets indicating that new posts have been appended to the thread tends to blend-in with the background.* For those of us with bad eyesight, it takes a while to determine whether a thread is fresh or not.* I don't know if this depends on the monitor, the graphics card, etc.* A more contrasting color combination for these sections would be ideal.

ok, will come up with a new design. Give us up to January and will come up with a new design including the homepage.
    www.Gameface.ph: Changing The Face of The Game!

Quote Originally Posted by trencher_k

In my case, I'm not sure if its my Opera browser but everytime I click on the Refresh Icon, I get diverted to the Forums page.* Mejo nakakabitin kasi pag may inaabangan na coverage of an on-going game.*

BTW, has gameface considered having an on-line scoreboard/coverage of certain games like some other sites?* I'm not sure kasi if everyone would agree to having a shoutbox here.*

Will look into this. Not everybody uses your kind of browser. About the on-line scoreboard, yup, we are cooking something up. We'll have something up by early next year.

We thought of putting up a shoutbox which we technically can however, we realized in the end that the quality of the posts might suffer if we activate it. But of course, we might consider this in the future if you guys really demand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by joelex
    unacceptance and non admittance of the truth and deleting posts which reveals the true score of sensitive issues especially in some forums, lack of interest in pro basketball and other minor leagues, to name some

There is no absolute freedom. In the end, we are all for the truth but when Gameface.ph is used just to promote the whims or interests of some individuals AT THE EXPENSE of the truth, then we have to intervene and take control. That is the reason why we established the Rules in posting.

We have expanded our scope to include pro ball and that's the reason why we have the Bigs forum. This is because we reailized that even if our main focus has always been on Amateur Basketball, the hoops stories will never be complete without a discussion on pro ball. Help us propagate the Bigs forum so that we could generate more interest among Gameface members in posting more in the same forum.

We can't cover all leagues but we will definitely try our best to expand our network so that we could even the goings on in the minor leagues can be reported and shared thru our media forums.

Quote Originally Posted by JonarSabilano
    Walang "ignore" function to screen out messages from those members I find obnoxious.

Mukhang wala using this type of a forum system.

i think gameface has to think seriously about what kind of viewers it wants to attract, and its impact on revenues. To show a comparison. here in the U.S. i have access to ABS-CBN and GMA. i prefer GMA over ABS because their news is more credible to me . i am under the impression that ABS caters more to the masa which would appeal to those who have that masa frame of mind. which is better? it depends on your inidividual tastes as a viewer. what appeals to me may not appeal to the masa or bakya and vice versa.
    going back to gameface, a visit to the other bball forums shows differences in the 'crowd' or posters. definitely, if there was crowd that is generally more genteel, more refined (and older? =) it would be the gameface posters. that would in turn affect the advertisers gameface is trying to get , etc. the other forums also have genteel and refined posters such as in mypba, or pba.ph, although the behavior of posters is also driven to a large extent by the policies of the moderators .
    would it be better for gameface to try to appeal to the lower class levels to get more revenues as i suggested months ago? i dont know the answer since that will be driven by the philosophies and motivations of the gameface founders.
    i suggest gameface also observe the posters in other forums and compare to the gameface posters if they have not done so because that is a form of marketing study.

Quote Originally Posted by pachador
    i think gameface has to think seriously about what kind of viewers it wants to attract, and its impact on revenues. To show a comparison. here in the U.S. i have access to ABS-CBN and GMA. i prefer GMA over ABS because their news is more credible to me . i am under the impression that ABS caters more to the masa which would appeal to those who have that masa frame of mind. which is better? it depends on your inidividual tastes as a viewer. what appeals to me may not appeal to the masa or bakya and vice versa.
    going back to gameface, a visit to the other bball forums shows differences in the 'crowd' or posters. definitely, if there was crowd that is generally more genteel, more refined (and older? =) it would be the gameface posters. that would in turn affect the advertisers gameface is trying to get , etc. the other forums also have genteel and refined posters such as in mypba, or pba.ph, although the behavior of posters is also driven to a large extent by the policies of the moderators .
    would it be better for gameface to try to appeal to the lower class levels to get more revenues as i suggested months ago? i dont know the answer since that will be driven by the philosophies and motivations of the gameface founders.
    i suggest gameface also observe the posters in other forums and compare to the gameface posters if they have not done so because that is a form of marketing study.

Thanks for the comment pachador.

The focus on the different "crowd" or market is deliberate. Our target is very niche as you may have probably noticed. We would rather target the intelligent and mild mannered few than the "ordinary" and "chaotic" majority. For one, we want to preserve the integrity of the site as this is reflective of the kind of principles, values, and aspirations the founders have commonly shared in establishing the site.

Economically, niche marketing has always been more attractive than the shot gun approach. It is not just quantity that we are after but quality as well. Our numbers may be lower compared to the other sites but the effective media value that this site will give you can be more valuable than the others because of 1) the purchasing power of the target market and 2) the multiplier impact it can result to because of the same exposure to the higher economic class.

Alternicks and decepticons.
    *clap-clapclap-clap-clap-clap-clap* FIGHT!
    The original. The one word that conquers.

----

"We will kill them all."

-- Optimus Prime, referring to Decepticons in Transformers 3

here's my contribution to the marketing profile of rich filipinos ;D ;D ;D

Rich Filipinos hit bottle more often than others

ALCOHOL consumption in the Philippines is on the rise and affluent Filipinos out-drink their Southeast Asian counterparts, according to a new survey released yesterday.

Market research firm Synovate polled wealthy respondents in 11 countries in the Asia-Pacific on their consumption of brandy, cognac, whisky, wine, champagne, and beer.

“We discovered that overall consumption levels of alcohol among affluent Filipinos have risen steadily in the country by 4 percent since last year,” it said.

“Rising alcohol consumption levels would both indicate that more affluent Filipinos have higher levels of disposable income and more social time on their hands to indulge themselves over drinks,” Synovate’s Carole Sarthou said.

The firm said a higher percentage of affluent Filipinos consumed alcohol (37 percent) than in other countries such as Thailand (34 percent), Sing-apore (32 percent), Malaysia (28 percent) and Indonesia (8 percent).

Locally brewed beer was the first choice of 30 percent of wealthy Filipinos. AFP

Nov 5 , 2007 Manila Standard

^i'd say i like gameface the way it is, with the more "genteel" crowd...in my few months as an active poster, wala pa akong nakagalit, at walang nambalasubas so far sa mga trivia threads, di tulad ng nangyayari sa kabilang forum...where school pride often leads to bashing, which ruins otherwise good, productive threads...

http://www.myspace.com/brokensauceph

^^^That is also one of the reasons why we are having second thoughts of setting up a shout box. It might open a can of worms and it might also result to a deterioration in the quality of the posts in the forum. As you know, it is difficult to control the content that goes in the shoutbox.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast