twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 193 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheers and Drumbeats

Share/Bookmark

Cheers and Drumbeats

The "Indian Yell" of San Beda counts as one of my favorites. Ganda talaga ng dating. Can our Bedan friends share with us a background of this cheer?

I also like the drum beats of "Go Uste!" and "Go Ateneo!" They really pump up the crowd. One can also feel La Salle's "Rektikano's" command of La Sallian tradition.

Can anyone share the basketball cheers of schools outside Metro Manila or the Philippines?
    www.Gameface.ph: Changing The Face of The Game!

Re: Cheers and Drumbeats

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyServinio
    Our "Indian Yell" will always count as the favorite NCAA cheer not just by Bedans but it has earned the liking of non-Bedans as well.

Aside from the "Indian Yell" which I like for obvious reasons, my other favorite cheers are . . .

. . . Pogi Kami, Pangit Kayo Cheer and the classic . . .

. . . Iskwater Cheer! :D
    but hey...we are trying now to stop the squatter cheer

its a good start sana VS JRU pero everything just got out of hand against PCU

In my biased opinion, the best cheers, drumbeats, and songs are from the Ateneo de Manila. Count the entire repertoire.
    *clap-clapclap-clap-clap-clap-clap* FIGHT!
    The original. The one word that conquers.

----

"We will kill them all."

-- Optimus Prime, referring to Decepticons in Transformers 3

For me, it's the DUMDAM BUMALAKA especially the trumphet part.

"DUMDAM BUMALAKA"
    Trumphet (3x)
    ARRIBA LETRAN (3x)
    1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8

DOOMDAM DOOMDAM DOOM DARAH
    BOOM BAM BUM BOOM BARAH
    BUMALAKA BUMALAKA
    WOW (3x)

CHIMALAKA CHIMALAKA
    CHOW (3x)

L-E-T-R-A-N
    Letran (2x)
    ARRIBA LETRAN
    Trumphet (3x)
    ARRIBA LETRAN (3x)

oh yes, the ARRIBA LETRAN cheer is a classic i remember my grade school days when ateneo was still in the NCAA and the games were held at the loyola center (now the blue eagle gym). the cheers and drumbeats of ARRIBA LETRAN! would resonate well into the prep wing.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

My top 5
    1. SBC's Indian Yell
    2. UP's Unibersidad cheer
    3. UST's Go USTe cheer
    4. Ateneo's Fabilioh cheer
    5. Iskawater!!! cheer

Offtopic: Sino ba talaga nauna? Go baste o go uste???

I might be wrong, regarding the Go Baste cheer, i used to watched the NCAA and the UAAP during the 80's at the Rizal Coliseum. That time naririnig ko na yang Go Baste cheer way back mid 80's whereas in the UAAP walang pang mga cheerers that time. So base on this facts, im sure you will have an idea kung sino ang nauna, Go Baste or Go Uste.

A few of my choices in no particular order:
    1.* "Go USTe!" by UST - fresh and modern. good contrast to the old-school cheers.
    2.* "Enveloped Ideas" by FEU - edgy. pity the band doesn't play it anymore.
    3.* "Build Me Up (Buttercup)" by DLSU - combined with the wave, brings back good memories of the 80's.
    4.* "Strawberry Shortcake" by DLSU - combined with scantily clad cheerleaders also brings back good memories of the 80's.
    5.* "Go LaSalle" and "Go Go Lasalle" (am not sure of the titles) by DLSU - easy to modify to suit derogatory purposes.
    6.* "When The Saints Come Marching In" (sorry, don't know who has the franchise for this one) - great lilt. puts one in the mood... to march?
    7.* "Indian Yell" by SBC - intimidating and oppressive. the ultimate classic.

The best alma mater song:* DLSU - no complicated words. easy to memorize. highly suited for transferees.

The best jeer:* ADMU (don't know what it's called but it goes: "Alsa la pata, LaSalle! Alsa la pata, LaSalle. Mal huevo, mal!") - simple yet elegant. triggered the institutionalization of Translation Studies.* "Manalo, Matalo, Bugbog pa rin kayo!" and "Ateneo de Manila, Basurero ng San Beda!" are close runners-up.

I will stand outside. If anybody asks, I'm OUTSTANDING.

I like UP's "Unibersidad ng Pilipinas." Intimidating ang dating.

Quote Originally Posted by gameface_one
    The "Indian Yell" of San Beda counts as one of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenean_blooded
    In my biased opinion, the best cheers, drumbeats, and songs are from the Ateneo de Manila. Count the entire repertoire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Out_Of_The_Blue
    I like UP's "Unibersidad ng Pilipinas." Intimidating ang dating.
    Agreed, agreed and agreed

Also - of course I have to represent the ladies - I also like the classic "Aeago" cheer from St. Scholastica's College. This was always the highlight of our pep rallies. And in line with St. Scho's reputation as a good music school, may second voice pa yung cheer.

Alam namin
    Alam niyo rin
    Nakita niyo ba
    Napansin niyo ba
    Ang St. Scho ay narito na

Aeago, aea
    SSC go, aea

Alam namin (Alam namin)
    Alam niyo rin (Alam niyo rin)
    Nakita niyo ba
    Napansin niyo ba
    Ang St. Scho ay narito -- na
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 193 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast