twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193
Results 1,921 to 1,928 of 1928

Thread: Cheers and Drumbeats

Share/Bookmark
    Jeep, thanks for sharing your personal experience. I had my schooling from 1965 (prep) to 1982 (eng'g). Back then, "get that ball", "shoot that ball", "animo", drum beats, fight songs were staples in the NCAA. Everyone was using it and there was no fuss among the communities. Of course, hurled profanity was a different story. It often resulted in rumbles : (

Have a good weekend everyone!
    Last edited by Stardust; 10-20-2012 at 09:22 AM.

hi jeep I can speak for the Letran side(although have also an atenean blood also running in my veins), I've been talking recently with the Letran 60s and 70s batches with this topic they told me the "Get the Ball" cheer was already being use even in their time, then the 90s and early 2000 the beat never change but however recently the tempo became much slower due to the present generation cannot sustain the up beat tempo cheering.

Eagles Soar In NAASCU Cheering

MAKATI CITY The City University of Pasay Eagles ruled the 12th National Athletic Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (NAASCU) Cheerleading Competition Monday afternoon (December 3) at the Makati Coliseum. READ MORE.

All season long, DLSU's pep squad's shameless, disgusting, cheap bastardization of our one-word cheer has continued to persist.

Shame.

Even the "puso" and "all heart" battlecries, even the formations are being plagiarized.

SHAME.

And as if that's not enough, the lack of creativity now manifests itself in things like these:

STOP COPYING OUR CHEERS AND DRUMBEATS.
    Last edited by atenean_blooded; 09-23-2013 at 11:12 AM.
    *clap-clapclap-clap-clap-clap-clap* FIGHT!
    The original. The one word that conquers.

----

"We will kill them all."

-- Optimus Prime, referring to Decepticons in Transformers 3

La Salle, the insititution, has always exercised tight control over its intellectual property, particularly the "La Salle" name. I believe it continues to do so, and that any merchandise with "La Salle" on it is produced/sold either by the institution itself or a third party under an official licensing agreement/contract with said institution. The picture above, therefore, suggests that La Salle, the institution, has condoned/abetted the use of what surely it knows is a line taken from Ateneo's A Song for Mary and could not be merely brushed aside as the individual/personal work of one or some of its students.
    Dracula: Remember, Igor, do unto others...
    Igor: ...before they do unto me!

ADM Cheer Book 1956 thereabouts

Here are select pages from my mom's ADM Cheer Book given to her by Atenean Al Abesamis around 1956. I am not privy to all the cheers ADM is using now. Reviving the "Guarding & Shooting Yell" in case it is not used anymore could be an option to counter the generic "get that ball" and "shoot that ball" cheered in the old NCAA ; )
    Attached Images

Fatima Phoenix Best In Cheering

MAKATI CITY Our Lady of Fatima University emerged as the champion of the 13th National Athletic Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (NAASCU) Cheerleading Competition Tuesday afternoon (January 28 ) at the packed Makati Coliseum. The Phoenix Pep Squad finally clinched the trophy after finishing in Third Place last year and Second Place two years ago. READ MORE

CEU Back As NAASCU Cheer Champs

MAKATI CITY Centro Escolar University returned to the top of the ladder by ruling the 14th National Athletic Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (NAASCU) Cheerleading Championship before an overflow crowd last March 13 (Friday) at the Makati Coliseum. The Scorpions emerged the best in the six-team field thanks to an almost flawless routine were they scored 264.5 out of a possible 400.0 points from the six-person judging panel from the National Cheerleading Championship (NCC). READ MORE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93 143 183 191 192 193