twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Collegiate Champions League

Share/Bookmark

Collegiate Champions League

One of the most gratifying news in winning the NAASCU championship is representing the NAASCU in the forthcoming Collegiate Champions League. In a letter sent to STI through its President Dr. Jay G. Adalem, it said that the Olympians will represent NAASCU come the opening of the CCL on November 10., 2007. The Champion team will go home with a prize of 500k in scholarship funding and athletic equipments.

I just have to clarify but i believe the last two NAASCU representatives, AMACU & UM, lost in the first round. So when the seedings come out we hope that we get a good draw and hopefully make the NAASCU proud by making it to the second round at the very least.

Good luck to the Olympians. we will just post any news about the CCL and the Olympians on this page.
    Mhel "the Pogi" Garrido
    The Real Aga Muhlach

Re: Collegiate Champions League

FIRST ROUND

STI Olympians
    (NAASCU Champion)

vs.

UE Red Warriors
    (CCL Defending Champion)

Nyampochaaaa huhuhu itch ampair bakhet hang heena naman ng unang khalaban nameyn hehehe. di bale dadalhin ko na lang dancers ko para madistract ang mga RED WARRIORZ!!!
    Mhel "the Pogi" Garrido
    The Real Aga Muhlach

Quote Originally Posted by Mhel_Garrido
    Nyampochaaaa huhuhu itch ampair bakhet hang heena naman ng unang khalaban nameyn hehehe. di bale dadalhin ko na lang dancers ko para madistract ang mga RED WARRIORZ!!!
    Mapapanoud ako ng live nyan Sir Mhel. ;D ;D
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

Mr. Mighty Lion
    STI and San Beda had a tune up game this morning.
    Your Red Lions ate the heart of my players. Grabe raw yung Menor and your new big man.
    Tinambakan kami..did not bother to ask for the score.
    The only highlight was that we started 8-0 and then Frankie Lim called a timeout.

Well, it was also okay na rin since the team had almost two months rest.
    Sabi ni coachnapagod ang team namin when they pressured the ball handlers..just
    shows na malayo pa sa kondisyon..hopefully by wednesday next week game ready na ang team!
    Hope to meet you sa wednesday...ako yung gwapong team manager ng STI na Aga Muhlach lookalike
    ahem
    Mhel "the Pogi" Garrido
    The Real Aga Muhlach

^ I think that validates the news na kasama pala sa line-up si Emeka.

Seriously I plan to drop by as I am planning to visit my dentist tomorrow na malapit lang din sa Ninoy.
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

My bad. Akala ko ngayon yong STI-UE. :-[

who will you face in the semis? from what i've read kasi, its admu vs. UST in the other semis match up.
    ANIMO!

tol, UV Green Lancers kalaban ng STI

STI, Ateneo gain Champs semis

Olympians shock Tams; Eagles defuse Bombers

By Marc Anthony Reyes
    Inquirer
    Last updated 05:50am (Mla time) 11/22/2007

GAMES MONDAY (The Arena)
    2 p.m. -- UV vs STI
    4 p.m. -- UST vs Ateneo

MANILA, Philippines -- One was pretty much expected, the other absolutely a shocker.

STI College and Ateneo de Manila University -- schools seldom mentioned in the same sentence especially with regard to basketball -- fashioned out contrasting triumphs Wednesday to grab the last two semifinal berths in the Fil-Oil Flying V National Collegiate Champions League at The Arena in San Juan City.
    The STI Olympians, the reigning National Athletics Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities champions, downed the more famous Far Eastern University Tamaraws, 77-72, to take their place among the best collegiate teams in the land.

Later in the day, UAAP heavyweight Ateneo slammed NCAA’s Jose Rizal University, 81-71, behind the torrid outside shooting of stalwarts Chris Tiu and Nonoy Baclao.

STI advanced against University of Visayas, while Ateneo will take on University of Santo Tomas on Monday in no-tomorrow semifinal matches.

Tiu, on loan to the national team preparing for the Southeast Asian Games, fired 16 points, including 10 in the fourth quarter to help the Eagles seal the victory.

That visibly pleased coach Norman Black, who pounded on deliberate and physical brand of basketball against the NCAA’s tough guys.

“It’s nice to see Chris making those big shots,” said Black.

Mark Balneg scored five points in the homestretch, including a three-pointer that proved to be the telling blow for the Olympians.

The scores:

First Game

STI 77—Mabayo 12, Balneg 12, Flor 11, Micutuan 10, Cabangon 8, Porto 7, Tiongco 6, Mendoza 5, Juan 4, Tolentino 2.
    FEU 72—Baracael 15, Barroca 10, Ramos 10, Adolfo 10, Alisbo 7, Fernandez 7, Cawaling 7, Cervantez 5, Abarring 1, Cabagnot 0, Knuttel 0.
    Quarters: 20-14, 35-35, 51-51, 77-72.

Second Game

ATENEO 81—Arao 18, Tiu 16, Barrascoso 12, Baclao 11, Baldos 7, Long 6, Reyes 4, Escueta 3, Al-Hussaini 2, Salamat 2, Sumalinog 0, Austria 0.
    JRU 71—Wilson 26, Pradas 13, Sena 10, Nocom 10, Bulangis 6, Se 4, Hayes 2, Lituania 0, Kabigting 0, Cagoco 0.
    Quarters: 20-17, 37-34, 57-54, 81-71

Mhel "the Pogi" Garrido
    The Real Aga Muhlach

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast