twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 184 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2007-08 NBA Season

Share/Bookmark

The 2007-08 NBA Season

What are we to expect for this year? Will Boston finally return to the upper echelon of the Eastern Conference? Will Grant Hill's career be resurrected with the Suns? Will Rashard Lewis live up to his max-contract? Will Kobe be traded? With Oden out for the season, how far will Portland go with a lineup led by Roy and Aldrige? Is Kevin Durant the real thing? I can go on and on. There are so many questions out there, but we'll get our answers soon enough!

now, here's something for gameface folks: can anyone guess who this is?

Re: The 2007-08 NBA Season

most intriguing of all teams is of course the revamped celtic squad. From a bunch of late 1st round busts to having 3 legit all stars. KG-pierce-allen makes the KG-spree-CASSEL trio look ordinary. But theres the support question. absolutely unheard of guys, notably only big baby glen davis, then youve got sophomore rajan rondo, streak shooter eddie house. playoff vet big man pollard and defense specialits posey are reliables. This team is a lock for at least a top 3 spot in the east, and if the big 3 can somehow overcome their lack of production from their support crew, which means career years for all 3, then this team are serious contenders for the crown.

cleveland, detroit and chicago along with the celts will again battle for east supremacy.

out west, denver and houston seem to have the most promise for this season. Denver, for one, will start the season with a full healthy roster, and that includes one Kenyon Martin. We have yet to see melo-ai mesh well together, and kmart is said to be excited to play with AI. A low key signing is chucky atkins, and his playoff experience + 3pt shooting will help them tremendously.

As for the rockets, the franchise is back where he truly belongs, and his tandem with yao and tmac looks good. Their signing of Luis Scola is a sleeper; look for him to immediately help this team get over the hump, ala Ginobili.

^^ Yong sa picture ba ang bagong star sa Prison Break Season 3?* ;D

After all those offseason moves I feel there would be a lot of ups and downs that will happen. Suns, Boston, Chicago, Orlando, Houston and all others did key moves in the offseason but thats just it. They still have to prove something more than that and San Antonio is the team to beat among all pagdating ng playoff.

Maka-Phoenix ako kaso with Marion currently asking for a trade, mukhang magkakahiwalay na talaga ang Big Three ng Phoenix.* :'(

"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

kung matuloy yung marion for kirilenko trade, i'd be very happy with that :D

IMO, Marion is just as if not more important than stoudemire in that suns team. The guy has no off nights in his D and hustle. Bonus na lang minsan 30pts pa siya. big loss if he will manage to get a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue
    What are we to expect for this year? Will Boston finally return to the upper echelon of the Eastern Conference? Will Grant Hill's career be resurrected with the Suns? Will Rashard Lewis live up to his max-contract? Will Kobe be traded? With Oden out for the season, how far will Portland go with a lineup led by Roy and Aldrige? Is Kevin Durant the real thing? I can go on and on. There are so many questions out there, but we'll get our answers soon enough!

he's Robert Swift. was not able to play last NBA season due to an ACL injury.
    ANIMO!

yep, you got it cub. now, compare that picture of his to this:

what happened?? epekto ba ng ACL yan?

Quote Originally Posted by BigBlue
    hmmmm ... addict na nga ako sa nba ... kilala ko yun nasa pic kahit he suck in his rookie year and was out last year with that acl injury. same guy that bob hill said was crucial to the team as their starting center and the reason behind their woeful season.

Quote Originally Posted by joelex

As for the rockets, the franchise is back where he truly belongs, and his tandem with yao and tmac looks good. Their signing of Luis Scola is a sleeper; look for him to immediately help this team get over the hump, ala Ginobili.
    this is not sure. there has to be a legit reason that the spurs never brought him over. this is aside from tim duncan playing the same position (while fab oberto was able to transition to the center slot). i read things from yahoo and espn (not the rumor threads) that he is undersized and he was not effective in the finals of the european leagues when he had to face big guys (the kind he will be facing the nba).

altho lining up beside yao obviously will help him a lot.

im a huge nba fan too. i root for the phoenix suns. the suns are a big man away from being the champions last sesason. i think, this will be the season (07-0for them. parang UE, it's now or never. i believe aalis na si Marion next summer. Grant Hill is somehow a great addition to the team. he brings defensive toughness and experience. Brian Skinner too. he plays like Kurt Thomas and can intimidate the opponents by his looooooooong beard. ;D

the rockets would be the dark horse this season. they have a new coach in Rick Adelman and new players like Mike James and Steve Francis. but, Yao, Mutombo and Hayes needs help in the frontline. they need to sign Haslem or Varejao to help their bigs.
    ANIMO!

actually if not for the silly suspensions stern meted on the suns amare and diaw, the suns wouldve won the crown last season. They had the spurs number and were on track to avenge their loss to san antonio in the previous season's WCF. Stoudemire + diaw is much much > than horry and what horry did to nash and the suspensions that were given ultimately destroyed phoenix's chances.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 184 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast