twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Face Off! The Hockey Thread

Share/Bookmark

Re: Face Off! The Hockey Thread

NHL trade deadline is later this month. Expect to see veterans sold off to the highest bidders again, in exchange for prospects and draft picks. Lots of good teams in the West who could make a deal to bolster their roster.

Peter Forsberg is coming back to his original NHL team, as he has signed with the Colorado Avalanche. It remains to be seen if he can provide a big impact down the stretch as he gets back into game shape, compared to his forgettable stint with Nashville last year.

The team to beat is still Anaheim, with the return of Scott Niedermayer and Teemu Selanne to bolster their roster for another shot at repeating as Stanley Cup champions.

i wonder if a canadian team can bring the cup back to canada ;D

I'm rooting for Montreal to win the Stanley Cup, led by their new franchise goalie, Carey Price. Go Habs! Bring the Stanley Cup back to Canada!* ;D

Though I bleed Leafs blue, I'm rooting for their bitter rivals the Habs. It's been quite a while since the orinola moved up north.

The Habs are due, they haven't won a Stanley Cup in 15 years (1993 being the last versus the LA Kings of Wayne Gretzky). This by far has been the longest winless streak of the winningest franchise in NHL history.

WTF happened to the ducks? 0-4 at the pond?

Montreal wins their 1st round series, soundly beating Boston 5-0 in their game 7, Carey Price with the big shutout. After a tough series against the Bruins, the Habs moves on to the 2nd round of the playoffs.

The Penguins advance to the Stanley Cup Finals after beating the Flyers, their first finals since the post-Mario Lemieux era. Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin are the new Jagr-Lemieux combo of the new generation.*

it's redwings vs penguins for lord stanley's cup.
    Defining John Paul is an exercise in futility...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast