twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Face Off! The Hockey Thread

Share/Bookmark

Face Off! The Hockey Thread

Since may NBA, NFL at MLB threads na, might as well start an NHL thread. :D

Will the ducks defend the crown? Will detroit choke at the playoffs? Will Canadian teams breakthrough?

Re: Face Off! The Hockey Thread

Hey 5FootCarrot, don't look now but our Rangers are leading the Atlantic division, in spite of its still sputtering offense. We're being carried by Lundquist, "the best goaltender in the world right now" as many experts say. Thing is, we're 0-for-the-Islanders this year ;D

Hey jkad, it's good to know that the Rangers are doing well, but of course it's early in the season and they've got to sort out that offense if they want to keep the top spot! (Never mind the Islanders, the Rangers are still cooler than them overall. ) If they do that, I wouldn't be surprised if the team does better than last year. The pieces are gradually falling into place, with a good mix of vets who deliver (Jagr and Shanahan definitely seem to be earning their paychecks, yay) and promising young talent.

And sppeaking of promising young talent, Henrik Lundqvist rocks. I haven't been this confident about the team's goaltending since Mike Richter left the team, and God willing we'll have Henke for a good long time. (He's cute, too :-* Hihihi!)
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

ducks... cooler than the rangers :P

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck
    ducks... cooler than the rangers :P
    Not with their base in Anaheim, which is in the much warmer south compared to the colder northeast. And certainly not with the 11-10-4 card the Ducks are currently holding, compared to the Rangers' 13-9-2.

It's the likelihood of comments like the one I just quoted by the thread starter that has prevented me from replying to this thread for a long time. Howard, if you aren't going to let hockey fans discuss their favorite teams and the sport in general in an intelligent manner on this thread and plan to just keep barging in with unsubstantiated comments like the one above, you should probably get used to talking to yourself here.

Sorry, mods. I'll go back to minding my own business and ignoring what should be ignored now.
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

5FC, my brother's Christmas gift to me is a Slingbox connected to his Satellite tv in LA so I can watch Rangers games live, tomorrow AM is the 4th installment of Rangers vs Islanders this season (0 - 3 tayo so far ;D)

Congratulations, jkad, what a cool Christmas present I still wish hockey games were more accessible on cable, though. Medyo may pagka-engs din ang marketing ng NHL.

Good luck to our Rangers against the Isles.

Eeewwww!!!

Richard Zednik severs carotid artery in freak skate accident

(But don't worry, folks, latest news is that doctors have upgraded his condition from stable to good.)

They showed the replay on tv. The teammate of Zednik and an opposing player collided with the teammate falling face down and his left leg up in the air. Zednik apparently ducked to avoid the high sticks and in doing so the skates of his teammate brushed the side of his neck. It looked liked the beginning of a "Colombian" necktie. Zednik did not panic and skated to the bench and was helped by the trainer of Buffalo when the blood started squirting from his neck. The doctors were able to connect the severed carotid artery but he lost a lot of blood on his way to the hospital.

Then there was another accident the next night, again involving a falling player. This time, the player was nicked by the skates of the fallen player just above the eye. The trainer was able to stitch the wound and the player returned to the bench for additional shift time.

shades of the macawarchuck (?) injury.

i couldnt bear myself to watch the replay. just like the shaun livingston injury,
    Defining John Paul is an exercise in futility...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast