twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: JRU Heavy Bombers

Share/Bookmark

Re: JRU Heavy Bombers

E si Vanguardia naman nagtatago lang sa likod ng players niya pag nagka-initan na.

Sam Ekwe is, most of the time, a forgiving guy.

Kevin Emeka Udo is your prototype MMA guy with those big fists, strong arms and sharp elbows. Deadly weapons all. Pero teka teka, basketball pala tayo. ;D

^ I read it somewhere thats its the assistant coaches duty to calm players (especially those in the bench) whenever there is an altercation. Vanguardia is the head coach. Maybe that explains it. :D
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    Coach Ariel Vanguardia had to remind his boys: "Anak ng ... NABRO pumipito dito! Hindi na ito PBL, manipis ang tawagan!" This came on the heels of starting power forward Jason Sena getting whistled for two personal fouls in the first four minutes of the game. Jeez, I think the rest of the NCAA will reap a JRU shitstorm...
    Maybe, yung pressures niya from the PBL, doon na pumutok sa tune-up game nila vs Katipunan?
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Tired like hell from a couple of highly competitive games the day previous the JRU Heavy Bombers could not get going against defending UAAP and Fil-Oil champion De Lasalle yesterday 69-53.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    Tired like hell from a couple of highly competitive games the day previous the JRU Heavy Bombers could not get going against defending UAAP and Fil-Oil champion De Lasalle yesterday 69-53.
    boss, we knew they were tired hence DLSU rooks getting a lot of playing time.

It seems the St Francis chapel in Lourdes School in Mandaluyong is the favorite church of the JRU Heavy Bombers: they always hear mass there every Sunday evening, 5:30 or 6:30 PM mass. Regulars are JR Sena, Reycon Kabigting, Jay Pradas. Coach Ariel Vanguardia has never been spotted there though.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Frustration Blues for the Coach! After S84, his losing his key players and so far medyo below par in everybody's expection for a team made of veterans (falling short in clinching a win during the pre-season tournaments). Big pressure!
    Go San Beda Fight!!!

JRU woes continue with San Beda handing the Heavy Bombers their asses in today's Fil-Oil.

Who the heck is that tatooed fellow who wears number 3 for JRU? He's like a Japs Cuan but with good shooting.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

The current line-up of JRU has a core of six players whom they collectively refer to as Magic 6. Sa kanila umaasa ang communidad na wakasan na yung mahigit tatlong dekadang walang kampeonato. After S84, all six would have maxed out their eligibilities.

Personally, I don't believe they can do it. Collectively, this 6 are not smart enough to dominate or control a game.

But, I saw players that I believe JRU can build on their future-- Matute, Lituania, Njei and Montemayor. Of the 4, only Montemayor didn't show much. But from where I sat, he was tall and agile enough to be considered a good project. Pwedeng maging player to reckon with at the 5 spot by S85. Matute can shoot and will shoot, Kung walang opening, may diskarte ang bata. Lituania showed a lot of spunk in the point, and Njei, he defended well against every Red Lion in front of him. Kahit si Ekwe at Udo ay nabutata, though the refs called fouls, objectively speaking, pwedeng i-let go yung mga contact na iyon. He is also quick enough to harass Hermida's incursion into the lane.

That's 4 players in the current line-up to build their future title hopes upon.

But, for it's ultimate realization, they have to let go fo Vanguardia first.
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

Parang kulang sa passion si Vanguardia.

They are too pre-occupied with their PBL stints. If they really want to bring back their glory years, kailangan mag sacrifice. Kulang sa passion ang coach.
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast