twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread: The NFL thread

Share/Bookmark

Re: The NFL thread

about carolina, yes i would. in 2010, the panthers were at the very bottom in offense stats. they should make a move on auburn quarterback cam newton.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

^^ I think Carolina should opt for a veteran QB instead, one who needs a change of scenery or deserves a chance to start on another team, like what happened to Drew Brees (SD to NO) or Matt Cassel (NE to KC). Too many question marks regarding Cam Newton and his attitude, there's a risk he might become the next JaMarcus Russell or Vince Young.

Just saw the highlights at CNN Sport. Pittsburgh scored all of its 24 points in the 1st half while the NY Jets scored all of its 19 points in the 2nd half.

Green Bay is making its first Superbowl appearance since 1996 when they were led by the likes of Brett Favre, Reggie Brown and mid-season acquisition Andre Rison. If I recall it correctly they beat the Patriots with Drew Bledsoe as their starting QB.

So, it will be the Cheese heads vs The Terrible Towels. ;D
    SAN BEDA BASKETBALL

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander
    ^^ I think Carolina should opt for a veteran QB instead, one who needs a change of scenery or deserves a chance to start on another team, like what happened to Drew Brees (SD to NO) or Matt Cassel (NE to KC). Too many question marks regarding Cam Newton and his attitude, there's a risk he might become the next JaMarcus Russell or Vince Young.
    carson palmer would fit your description, although i read that the bengals turned down his request for a trade. after palmer, i just don't see any veteran QB who's testing the market right now.

edited to add: of all the people i forgot, the other veteran QB is philly's michael vick. good money tells us he'd be too expensive for the eagles to keep after his awesome comeback season.

^ Kyle Orton might be available, if Denver opts to go with Tim Tebow as their main QB next season. And now that you mention Vick, if he decides to come back to the Eagles, then the other Philly QB Kevin Kolb might also be open to being traded for a shot to be #1 somewhere else. I just don't see any sure, standout college QB Carolina can draft at number one this year, after Andrew Luck declared he was going back to Stanford for another year.

As a Niner fan, rumors are circulating that the management will try and see if they can try Donovan McNabb, who became out of favor in Washington this season. Nakakahinayang to see that the Niners again fell off expectations this season. I am hoping that new coach Jim Harbaugh can spell the difference next season.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

Congratulations Packers! Job well done. I thought the Steelers will capitalize the Packer secondary after Charles Woodson did not return to the game because of an injury.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

it was a great game. although aaron rodgers won (and probably deserved) the super bowl MVP, i think it should have instead gone to packer linebacker clay matthews for continually breaking through the line of scrimmage as pass rusher and run stopper and for forcing that fumble on rashan mendenhall that really broke the steelers' momentum in the 2nd half.

what's not disputed, though, was the excellent halftime show by the black eyed peas. kahit minsan nawawalan ng audio ang mike ni fergie, it was fun overall.

Lombardi is back with the Pack (at least his trophy is). GO PACKERS!

Added sidelight:

A facebook friend wondered whether Packers offensive lineman # 75 Bulaga is Pinoy. I guess as Pinoy as Taulava ;D. One thing definite though, nabulaga mga favored Steelers.

Congrats to the Green Bay Packers for winning the Super Bowl. Aaron Rodgers gets his first championship, as he proves to the Green Bay management that they made the correct call in moving forward with him as their QB starter instead of the veteran and future Hall of Famer Favre a few years ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast