twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The NFL thread

Share/Bookmark

Re: The NFL thread

Guys ano yung possible case na puedeng ma-involve ang New England in their opening win against the Jets last Monday? It has something to do with video taping hand signals if I'm not mistaken.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

the story there is that the NFL is a pioneer in using game tapes to break down and analyze actual game situations in aid of coaching. now it's being practiced in practically every sporting endeavor, but they were the first, dating back to the time of vince lombardi, weeb ewbank, don shula, and chuck noll. such is their reliance on game films and videos that opposing teams openly swap footages with each other. kumbaga, share-share sila parati. such is the camaraderie in the NFL coaching fraternity.

however, what's taboo is intercepting and filming hand signals on game situations. it's tantamount to treachery and is considered an act of espionage for the reasons stated above. the incident involving the new york jets and the new england patriots, in which a pats employee was accused of videotaping the hand signals of the jets coaching staff, has yet to be decided on by the NFL front office. tingin ko mumultahan ang new england for that.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Kid, you are partly correct. I don't know how the New England employee was caught but they did have their own camera men trained at the Jets coaches who were doing the signals. By halftime, New England figured out the defensive calls of the Jets when they reviewed the hand signals and matched them them with the actual defensive and offensive alignment. This allowed Brady the extra time to call the correct plays the defense of the Jets. It is one thing to know the defensive calls, it is another to actually convert the plays. The extra knowledge means nothing if the offensive line can not control the defensive front of New York.

All game long, both teams are supplied by the NFL of polaroid shots of both team. Since New England had their own camera men watching the coaches, they matched each signal with the defensive alignment and actual coverage. Problem for NE is that they some how got caught and the NFL likes a level playing field for both teams. The NFL dictates that both teams have open communication with their coaches in the stands, if one teams system does not work then both teams can not use the equipment. If it is cold and the home team brought heated seats, then the visiting team needs to be given the same equipment. The spying could have been done by a specific coach but that coach will not remember all of the signals called. By taping the signals, and having a group of coaches analyzing all available info, tape and polaroid pictures, New England had a distinct advantage. In the eyes of the Jets and the NFL, hindi sporting ang New England. The team and Belichik will be penalized for sure.

I expected those kinds of tactics from Belichick and his coaching staff. Still, I can't help but be disappointed that Tom Brady would be willing to use unfair methods to try and win games, especially for the 1st game of the season.

alam mo naman sina Coach BIll... Super secretive. parang CIA. case in point: ang cryptic niya with the injury report.

mahirap yan pag fanstay player ka.

(pareho sila ni Mike Shanahan sa ganitong bagay)
    Defining John Paul is an exercise in futility...

now that they've been caught, it makes you wonder if the road to an NFL dynasty traveled by the pats was lined with hand signals from the bucs, eagles, and the steelers ;D

pero tama, it's one thing to illegally intercept and decode those hand signals, and it's another thing to execute properly in light of those signals. the gridiron battles are basically exercises in imposing one's will against the opponent, so you try to whack each other out until there's only one team standing in the end. so it's execution, execution, execution. i remember the packers with their famed "green bay sweep," the raiders with the slant play, and the redskins with the countergap. opponents know they will run it, pero di pa rin nila mahinto. it's as if they're daring opponents to stop them.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Bill Belichick and the "unpatriotic" New England NFL team, winning at all costs? Sounds familiar.....

i wonder how the packers cheated during their hey day

Quote Originally Posted by Howard the Duck
    i wonder how the packers cheated during their hey day
    By playing at Lambeau field.* That place is a bitch to play in the snow, more so for the west coast teams.

By the way, I hope the Buffalo Bills' Kevin Everett recovers from that serious injury he sustained over the weekend during the Bills' season opener.* Initial prognosis was bad - he'd be paralyzed from the neck down.* Buti lang he was able to move his fingers and arms a day or two after the incident.* Medyo delikado pa rin ang lagay niya, but movement in his arms and fingers surely gives some hope to his case.* I hate it when these things happen.* I also saw that Lions game sometime ago where Mike "Thumbs Up" Utley suffered that paralyzing injury.* Nakakalambot ng tuhod talaga.

Kudos for the Bills as well for keeping him in the payroll as an Asst.

Goodell btw has fined the Pats and cost them a future 2008 pick for cheating. the pick is dependent on NE making the playoffs.
    Defining John Paul is an exercise in futility...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast