twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: BARTENDER! The DRINKS Thread

Share/Bookmark

BARTENDER! The DRINKS Thread

We've got a food thread, why not a drinks thread?

It does not necessarily have to be ALCOHOLIC drinks, juice, tea, others would be welcome as well.

Normally I always have a nive bottle of San Miguel's pale pilsen with a meal. There is just something so refreshing with the way an ice cold beer goes down so well with a wide variety of food. Regardless of whether I am having prime rib in the old Abelardo's at the Philippine Plaza (Sofitel now) or the Rotisserie of the old Manila Hilton (heaven only knows what it is now after so many name changes), or calamares en su tinta with lots of garlic at the old El Comedor in Ermita, or lobster tail sashimi at the Tempura Misono in Hyatt, or heck, even a tapsilog at the original Vivian's or pancit miki-bihon at Manosa in Binondo, nothing beats an ice cold San Miguel beer.

I try not to order those bottomless iced tea things so prevalent in restaurants now. In the first place it isn't even real tea, usually just some tea mix of some kind, lots of sugar, not enough tea, and certainly not enough real lemon. If there was one place to get good bottomless iced tea it was the Club House of the US Emabassy Seafront Club, where the tea was made with real brewed lipton tea and they provided lemon wedges and sugar syrup so you can mix to taste. This always went well with their cheeseburgers, sloppy joes, roastbeef on rye and pepperoni pizza. TGI Friday's used to serve real tea until around the year 1996 or 1997 when they resorted to the mixes. Unless I'm in en establishment that serves real brewed tea I don't order bottomless iced tea anymore.

Among the liquors my two favorites are Stolichnaya vodka and Jack Daniel's bourbon. There's nothing like a good man's drink to truly put any thing to rights.

Re: BARTENDER! The DRINKS Thread

I too enjoy a regular vodka or red wine.

Pero bago ang lahat -- tandaan niyo ang cardinal rule sa inuman:

Beer then Hard Drink --> Pwede pa.
    Hard Drink then Beer --> Pwede ka na pulutin sa sahig
    Kung malakas ang inuman --> Kain muna ng madami. Pero huwag litson, taba... sa iba kang rason mahihilo.
    Kung di makakain dahil kaunti lang --> Make sure you drink a glass of water in between drinks, lessens the hangover.
    Don't Drink and Drive.

I used to have a stocked bar in my parent's home for mixed drinks but I haven't seen it in 1.5 years since I moved out. :D. I'd usually prepare a Kamikaze or a Brazen Hussy (Kamikaze + Triple Sec) for friends at my old bar since it is the easiest and nicest to make. Floors them faster as well.

For Vodka's the best mixer is still Absolute Vodka (blue one.) Makes the best Vodka Tonics as well. Don't think of mixing the other varieties, currant, citron, etc. These drinks are best enjoyed cold or on the rocks.

For Champagne, it's Asti Martini. Nice and smooth and not overly expensive.
    ---
    The ANIMO will prevail.

SAMPUNG UTOS NG MANGINGINOM

1. Huwag makulit habang umiinom.
    2. Huwag matakaw sa pulutan.
    3. Huwag patagalin ang baso at mayroong naghihintay ng tagay.
    4. Huwag lang basta uminom ng uminom; kailangang bumili ka rin.
    5. Uminom nang diretso sa tiyan at huwag sa ulo.
    6. Huwag biglang mawawala sa inuman, magpaalam kung uuwi na.
    7. Magtira ng panglakad kahit hinlalaki ng paa.
    8. Huwag matutulog habang umiinom.
    9. Siguraduhing sa bahay ang uwi kung lasing na.
    10.Huwag matakot sa asawa/kabit/kalaguyo/syota/djowa.
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

back in the days when PM dawn was all over the airwaves, we hated drinking buddies who'd gobble up our pulutan in the blink of an eye, and these we called "don PM's"--short for pulutan monsters.

beer always is fine with me. i prefer the original brew over light any time, except when i just had a full dinner.

as far as hard drinks are concerned, i must admit that i'm a rhum guy deep inside. whiskey is always fine as well, except that it's expensive, and white castle whiskey is not too much to my liking.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

I remember Faces, Whispers and Creekside discos. ;D

Bloody Mary is good kahit na ladies drink pa yun.
    Everything's Eventual

Beer's okay. I actually like lager more than beer, though (pareho lang dapat yun, pero kapag may dalawang bote, isa nakasulat "beer," isa, "lager," kukunin ko yung lager).

Hard drinks are better. If you don't mind blowing some money on drinks, buy a bottle of scotch, which is always good with just ice.

At parties, we usually just end up mixing what's available until we come up with stuff we enjoy.

A popular choice is taking a glass with some ice, filling a third of it with Cruzan Coconut Rum, and finishing the rest off with Coke or Sarsi. Ilang baso lang, naka cruize kontrol ka na. ;D

GHRanger:

Baliktad pala tayo ng cardinal rule. Yung sa amin,

"Liquor before beer = everything's clear.
    Beer before liquor = never been sicker."

*clap-clapclap-clap-clap-clap-clap* FIGHT!
    The original. The one word that conquers.

----

"We will kill them all."

-- Optimus Prime, referring to Decepticons in Transformers 3

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cubao
    back in the days when PM dawn was all over the airwaves, we hated drinking buddies who'd gobble up our pulutan in the blink of an eye, and these we called "don PM's"--short for pulutan monsters.

Sa amin sir iba ang tawag, KUNG-PU Master... Kung Pumulutan, Master! HEHEHE!

Mas masarap uminom ng beer pag inunahan mo ng tequila.

And the results... FANTASTIC! ;D
    Shoot 6-24? No problem. Got my 5th ring.

Quote Originally Posted by flsfnoeraekadad
    Mas masarap uminom ng beer pag inunahan mo ng tequila.

And the results... FANTASTIC! ;D
    Trip lang.

Kuha ka ng baso ng malakas na beer, bagsakan mo ng punong shot glass ng tequila na malakas.

Istretyin mo.
    *clap-clapclap-clap-clap-clap-clap* FIGHT!
    The original. The one word that conquers.

----

"We will kill them all."

-- Optimus Prime, referring to Decepticons in Transformers 3

pagdating sa inuman, baduy ako. beer lang talaga ang gusto ko. ayoko ng mga hard drinks. masama lagi ang dating sa akin. kung mag-ha-hard man ako, siguro j. walker lang pero kahit yun, hindi ako masyado enjoy.

sa beer, kahit anong beer pinapatulan ko. kung ano iniinom ng tropa, yun din ako. and unlike my relationship with hard drinks, pagdating sa cerveza, wala akong hangganan. i can go on and on and on (give or take mga 30 minute breaks pag medyo iba na)... i have yet to be knocked out by beer, pero sa hard madalas akong napapatulog.

sa mga resto, mas gusto ko uminom ng juice (pag fresh) or mga shake. kung hindi, tubig na lang.

BASTA'T SEKSI.... LIBRE (since 1979).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast