twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: TT: Technology Thread

Share/Bookmark

Re: TT: Technology Thread

Wanna Mac tonight?
    I'm thinking of buying a new laptop and can't decide if I want to go Mac. Budget: $2500 and not a penny more.
    Everyone I've talked to who has used a Mac seems to have been converted. What's so great about it? Would you go Mac?
    FULL SUPPORT. ALL HEART. REGARDLESS OF RESULT.

Yes. Windows is freaking hopeless even with Vista. The only reason why I can't go Mac is because all of my mom, dad and my brothers only know how to use Windows.

Mac is better than Windows in terms of usage and in terms of protection.
    Shoot 6-24? No problem. Got my 5th ring.

Quote Originally Posted by amdg_baby
    Wanna Mac tonight?
    I'm thinking of buying a new laptop and can't decide if I want to go Mac. Budget: $2500 and not a penny more.
    Everyone I've talked to who has used a Mac seems to have been converted. What's so great about it? Would you go Mac?
    The two things generally going against Macs are its (a) price and (b) lack of software. While Apple computers will always be pricier (super-duper quality does come at a cost), the solitary-island-in-a-sea-of-Windows problem has been addressed by Apple's Boot Camp, which allows you to install Windows in your Mac.

Haven't really used a PC since 1996, so i can only tell you why iLove Macs:
    1. Fast and Powerful – that's why almost all ad agencies and design shops use Apple for graphic-intensive work.

2. Idiot-friendly – If you know hot to point-and-click, you'll know how to use a Mac.

3. Immunity – Not affected by PC viruses.

4. Uber-COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL – consistent Red Dot awardee for design. Macs drop more jaws than all PCs combined (i just made that up but i think it's true).

5. Mac Community – People like their PCs. MacAddicts love their Apples. Getting online help is easy.

6. Steve Jobs – The guy's a cultural icon while Bill Gates is the poster child for Corporate America. Steve is Obi-Wan to Bill's Darth Vader. Gates has pies and antitrust cases thrown in his face while Jobs has virgins offering themselves to him at the altar of hipness. Okay, the virgins are unsubstantiated, but not the pies and lawsuits.

7. And so on

8. And so forth

For more naturally biased views on "Why get a Mac?," watch their ads:
    http://www.apple.com/getamac/

"Catalonia is a country and FC Barcelona is their army."
                                                              --Bobby Robson

Quote Originally Posted by flsfnoeraekadad
    Yes. Windows is freaking hopeless even with Vista. The only reason why I can't go Mac is because all of my mom, dad and my brothers only know how to use Windows.

Mac is better than Windows in terms of usage and in terms of protection.
    Macs do Windows, too. With Boot Camp, your family will have their familiar Windows before biting the Apple on the Tree of Knowledge and subsequently discovering the naked truth, free will and true plug 'n play, click 'n drag ease.

--Bobby Robson

thanks for the link. i'm about 95% sure i'll get a mac. next question is should I wait for the new OS or will I be fine with bootcamp? i have some office software that will only run on windows and from what I gather, bootcamp will address that. what happens when the license on that expires? will i have to buy the new os? (i think they call it leopard)

The Mac OS X Leopard will supposedly ship on October 26. There's no definite news whether Macs with pre-installed Leopard will be available soon after. Some say it could take a couple of months; others claim Apple usually rolls out units with a new OS simultaneously.

If time isn't a consideration, wait for the Leopard-driven Macs. It features 300+ innovations over its predecessor. All those extra features won't necessarily break your not-a-penny-over-$2500-rule. The low-end aluminum MacBook Pro retails for $1,999. Despite its "lesser" specs, it's still a creative workhorse. The student-targeted, polycarbonate-encased MacBook on the other hand sells for $1,499 tops (without customization).

But if you need one soon, at least wait for the Leopard's release before buying a laptop (go with the MacBook Pro). Stores will usually throw in a sweet deal: a discount on the new operating system plus free installation.

--Bobby Robson

Thanks, WampumTribe! That's the best advice i've had off and on the internet.

Which one is better: PLDT We Roam/Smart plug it or Globe Visibility?

How can I hack the PSP? Di ko masundan yung mga on-line instructions. English na, tech speak pa kasi. ;D

Tulong naman sa may nakakaalam.
    COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

Quote Originally Posted by Out_Of_The_Blue
    Which one is better: PLDT We Roam/Smart plug it or Globe Visibility?
    it would depend on the location eh.

you might want to check out sun's new wireless offers. it's a bit different though.
    Love may leave your heart like shattered glass. But keep in mind that there's someone who'll be willing to endure the pain of picking up the pieces so you could be whole again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast