twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: LOVE, SEX, DATING and OTHER STUFF WE'D RATHER NOT TALK ABOUT

Share/Bookmark

Re: LOVE, SEX, DATING and OTHER STUFF WE'D RATHER NOT TALK ABOUT

Picking up the tab: as a personal rule I ALWAYS pick up the tab on dates. UNLESS it was the lady who asked me out and insisted on paying. Being an old-fashioned sort from the 20th century though I get a little wary about women asking me out unless they're one of those close friends / coworkers you've worked with for at least a year / relatives / former bosses / ex-future in-laws you are still on good terms with.

First date place? Don't try to get too cute or clever or try too hard I always say. First dates can get tense enough on their own without you having to worry about being cute / clever / trying too hard. Here's my rule of thumb: it has to be a place with waiters, and they have to let me in wearing shorts. If not then it gets too fussy for me. Also, try not to do a first date after office hours; you'll be a little dicky after a day at the office.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Quote Originally Posted by cool_at_heart
    In our culture,pag nililigawan mo palang,it is mandatory na ang lalaki ang magbabayad, kung ang babae nag insist na magbabayad,you're quite sure that she's into you. ;D* Once the relationship gets intimate yun medyo nagiging flexible na.The guy will always ask for the check pero at times, the girl's ready to split the bill or maybe even pay for it.*

I guess, another appropriate question is where is a good first date place?
    I've read somewhere that when the girl offers to pay, either 1) she's really into you or 2) she wants to have everything settled para wala nang maisumbat ang guy sa kanya when things go for the worse. I personally know someone whose mindset is similar to #2. Works just fine with me, either way.
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

Kapag napagkasunduan niyong magkape na kayong dalawa lang nung binibini ay "date" na ba 'yon?
    "Kung ayaw mong masaktan mag-chess ka na lang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wang-Bu
    Kapag napagkasunduan niyong magkape na kayong dalawa lang nung binibini ay "date" na ba 'yon?
    Depende siguro. Halimbawa, ako, sanay nang magkape sa Starbucks, kaya hindi na big deal sa akin ang kape. Pero para sa iba, baka big deal na 'yun. So, sa kaso namin ng ka-relasyon ko, una kaming "lumabas" sa Coffee Bean sa Gateway. Nagtext siya na nasa Cubao raw siya. Sabi ko, "Dadaan ako diyan, may kailangan kasi akong bilhin." Ayun, nagkita kami without knowing that one thing would lead to another. She considers it our first date dahil kaming dalawa lang ang magkasama, pero ako naman, hindi, dahil biglaan at walang prior na usapan. And besides, having coffee isn't a big deal.

But then again, maaaring tama nga ang awiting ito:

"It started over coffee, we ended up as friends... It's funny how from simple things, the very best things begiiiiiiiin... This is it, AHHHH..." ;D
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

during the pkiligan stage, pag intresado ako sa babae, NEVER KO SYANG PINAGBABAYAD.

macho to, no!
    BASTA'T SEKSI.... LIBRE (since 1979).

What do you guys think of "group" dates?

I have a lasy friend who is dethly afraid of going out with a guy on her own and insists that if she be set up with someone that it at least be in a group setting such as an after-office drink or karaoke or whatnot. If and when she hits it off with the guy then and only then will she consent to go out with him just the two of them.

eto ginagawa ko pag UAAP season dati..

bibili ako ng tickets for 2 pag meron laro ang ADMU tapos yayin ko GF ko sa malapit sa venue ng game tapos dadaan kami kung saan nakapost yung game sched.. tapos sabihin ko gusto mo ba manood ng game ? (kunwari out of the blue lang yung suggestion) pag umoo, papakita ko na yung tickets.. pero after a few games hindi na umubra.. hehe ;D

buti nalang blue eagle fan din GF ko at andyan pa si Chris Tiu ;D

I find the dynamics of group dating akin to Elven runes, as in I don't get it.

Shouldn't a date technically involve only two people as a general rule?

How does getting into the so-called group setting help the date dynamic?

I think group dates are a big help in the exploratory period, when the two parties are just getting to know each other and may be awkward about going out in a more formal, one-on-one setting. The friends are there to provide moral support and help keep things flowing, and if the two parties like each other, then they can see each other on their own next time.

The good thing, too, about group dates is that if things don't work out, then at least you didn't waste the outing because you were still with people you like. :P
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

A date, wow. I haven't gone out on one of those since, well, since I first asked out my future wife. And that was waaay back in the year when UP made the Final Four and finished third (that long!).

And yes, I picked up the tab. Pero nung mga one year na kami, hindi na ako nahiyang sabihin once in a while, "Hon, ikaw muna. Ang layo ng ATM eh." Hehe.
    People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast