twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mixed Martial Arts Thread

Share/Bookmark

Re: The Mixed Martial Arts Thread

Actually pati yung belt nung karate uniform ni Gracie, ilang beses kong nakita na ginamit niya to choke his opponent aside from his arms. Kaya nung next time na, pinagbawal na yung mga naka-karate costume and the likes. Lahat hubad na ang upper body.

Wang-Bu, agree ako dyan kay Samoan ng K1, malakas talaga sumuntok. Teka, K1 ba yung naka boxing gloves yung mga players?
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

^^^ Mismo Sir Bibby.

Meron pa bang mga Pinoy na lumalaban ng Yaw-Yan o Kali?

Itong mga ito ay mga katutubong sistema ng panlaban. Sinasabing mas matindi pa ang Yaw-Yan kaysa sa Muay Thai ng mga kapatid nating Thai. Ang Kali naman ang ginamit na basehan sa fighting form na ginamit ni Matt Damon sa mga fight scenes sa Bourne Identity at Bourne Supremacy.
    "Kung ayaw mong masaktan mag-chess ka na lang!"

Quote Originally Posted by bigfreeze_bibby
    Medyo mas naging cautious na sila this time around as compared to previous years just like what Kid mentioned above. Matitindi talaga yung batch na yan (alang hiya "Freddie Mercury Severn" hahaha) parang may kulang sa list even though I don't consider him that great with the likes of Gracie and company, si Marco Ruas (please correct me if I'm wrong). I watched one game of his puro kick lang sa paa ng kalaban na kala ko ay napakahihina pero bumigay yung paa nung kalaban in the later round. In short, mas madugo lang labanan nung compared today.
    That was him alright. In that match, he fought and won against a guy who outweighed him by close to 200 pounds. In the early days of the UFC, open-weight ang labanan. Walang weight divisions. It wasn't unusual to see slim karatistas and taekwandistas fighting (and subsequently losing) to heavy-set wrestlers and grapplers.

Hmmm . . . siguro bumaba enrollment sa taekwondo and karate when the Gracies showed that sparring is very different from real fighting. Saw a fight where a taekwondo jin connected with a running spinning back kick na hindi man lang ininda ng kalaban nya. What surprises me is why ex-professional boxers never gained ground in the Octagon, considering some states classify their fists as deadly weapons (or is this legal fiction?)

There were three rules then: No Biting, No Eye-gouging/Poking, and another which i can't remember. Sipaan sa semen-factory wasn't illegal but out of "manly honour," hardly anyone must have done it. The weight classes came in order for the UFC to expand to other states where the sport was still considered illegal.
    "Catalonia is a country and FC Barcelona is their army."
                                                              --Bobby Robson

the problem with pro boxers fighting in the octagon is their inflexibility to shift from orthodox to southpaw stances, and vice versa. another problem is that they don't know how to counterattack a kick or a hold. my opinion is they have to fight more unconventionally to win. tank abbott was so raw and unpolished as a boxer, and that may have contributed to his success ;D
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cubao
    the problem with pro boxers fighting in the octagon is their inflexibility to shift from orthodox to southpaw stances, and vice versa. another problem is that they don't know how to counterattack a kick or a hold. my opinion is they have to fight more unconventionally to win. tank abbott was so raw and unpolished as a boxer, and that may have contributed to his success ;D
    Parang practice ba ng bakbakang kanto pre? Hehe. Meron na kayang sumali or currently playing in UFC or any MMA tournament for that matter na ex-convict? Yung tipong may background sa mga napapanood natin sa TV or cinemas na gulpihan sa selda.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

Quote Originally Posted by bigfreeze_bibby
    Meron na kayang sumali or currently playing in UFC or any MMA tournament for that matter na ex-convict? Yung tipong may background sa mga napapanood natin sa TV or cinemas na gulpihan sa selda.
    The Shamrock brothers were juvenile delinquents who had a lot of run-ins with the police. Nothing major though, just petty crimes. Before the UFC came into existence, Ken was involved in a lot of backroom/alley fights. Tipong Van Damme movie na may pustahan.

Si (Marky) Mark Wahlberg tigasin. Gang member nung bata. May criminal record din (assualt, attempted murder). Maybe we would have seen him in the Octagon kung hindi nya na-ayos buhay nya through showbiz. Pati kapatid nya, si Donnie of New Kids On The Block, basagulero din nung bata. Well, they've got Irish blood . . .

"Catalonia is a country and FC Barcelona is their army."
                                                              --Bobby Robson

i would have loved to see a three-way anything goes street fight among the NBA's most pathological head cases past and present: marvin "bad news" barnes, xavier mcdaniel, and ron artest. police will be on hand not to break up the brawl but to pick up the bodies...

Couture dominates Gonzaga!

Fedor vs Couture na 'to dapat!

Kimbo Slice and Brock Lesnar. Best four out of seven. Abangan...

anderson silva is the hottest MMA fighter these days. brock lesnar was a big disappointment in his debut against a ranked MMA contender in the person of frank mir. kumbaga, marami pang kakainin yan si brock bago umakyat uli sa octagon.

on the other hand, the brazilian spider was absolutely brilliant when he defeated dan henderson via submission with a rear naked choke in the 2nd round. so my dream matchup is anderson silva vs quinton jackson. yan ang abangan natin...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast