twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mixed Martial Arts Thread

Share/Bookmark

The Mixed Martial Arts Thread

Since Solar started to bring the newest UFC events sa local cable, kinalimutan ko na ang Entertainment Wrestling..

Noguiera is finally making his UFC debut on UFC 73. With CroCop and Nog already on UFC, kulang na lang si Fedor! Maganda sana kung magkaroon ng Couture v Fedor (kahit na likely kakainin ng buhay si Couture). That is kung makalagpas pa siya kay Gonzaga hehe.

Si Kurt Angle daw gusto mag MMA (gustong sumunod kay Brock Lesnar). Hahaha. Baka ma-massacre lang siya.

Re: The Mixed Martial Arts Thread

Pre, I'm sorry to say unpredictable pa rin laro ni Couture and it is deceiving. Kahit sabihin mo na matanda na siya at mukhang wala nang ibubuga pero he has that cards on his sleeve na bigla na lang ilalabas and then boom, the next thing you know, he wins again and lives to fight another day.

May balita ba sa performance ni Brock Lesnar? I don't think MMA is Angle's cup of tea but if he really insists to be one someday after his wrestling career, tingin ko he can easily adjust because solid na wrestling background niya due to his Greco-Roman wrestling experience back in college (being a national champion at that).

Where the hell in the world now is Brandon Vera? I've seen him once ni UFC and he's got game. Bigla na lang nawala sa UFC and wala na kong balita where he's fighting. Is he in Pride? K-1? Sayang siya, he should've stuck it out in UFC baka sa title fights na siya lumalaban ngayon and the last time I know, he's unbeaten.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

bigfreeze, last i heard about "the truth" is that he split from the UFC to sign with elite XC after he was offered a deal he can't refuse: a cool one million dollars per fight!
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Quote Originally Posted by mmaontap.com
    White assured everyone that Brandon Vera was still with the company and will remain with the company for a long time to come. Vera is currently figuring out personal matters between him and his former manager before he starts actively fighting again.
    Hmmm. Kelan kaya next fight nya? Maganda siguro kung ilaban siya kay Arlovski o kaya kay Sylvia..

Lesnar's debut fight sa K1. Medyo corny. -> http://youtube.com/watch?v=k63hOWLBhkY

Kay Arlovski muna siya lumaban siguro (referring to Vera). Thanks Kid for the info.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

I see all of these shows on TV and I'm thinking "Are there tournaments out there that are really and truly hardcore?" You know, tournaments where there are no rules except to kick the shit out of the other guy? THAT would be truly worth watching and betting on.

^^ watch the old UFC matches on DVD, from year 1 to 3. yan yung era nina dan "freddie mercury" severn, ken shamrock, royce gracie, mark coleman, tank abbott, kazushi sakuraba, at marcus silveira. they say the old UFC had no rules, pero kailangan pa rin yan. without basic ground rules, a fighting match between unarmed combatants will quickly become a fighting match between ARMED combatants.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Cubao
    ^^ watch the old UFC matches on DVD, from year 1 to 3. yan yung era nina dan "freddie mercury" severn, ken shamrock, royce gracie, mark coleman, tank abbott, kazushi sakuraba, at marcus silveira. they say the old UFC had no rules, pero kailangan pa rin yan. without basic ground rules, a fighting match between unarmed combatants will quickly become a fighting match between ARMED combatants.
    Medyo mas naging cautious na sila this time around as compared to previous years just like what Kid mentioned above. Matitindi talaga yung batch na yan (alang hiya "Freddie Mercury Severn" hahaha) parang may kulang sa list even though I don't consider him that great with the likes of Gracie and company, si Marco Ruas (please correct me if I'm wrong). I watched one game of his puro kick lang sa paa ng kalaban na kala ko ay napakahihina pero bumigay yung paa nung kalaban in the later round. In short, mas madugo lang labanan nung compared today.

Dati, halos wala talagang rules sa UFC. Mga rules lang yung mga tipong bawal mangagat at tumuhog sa mata. Kahit suntok sa ehem, "groin area", pwede (Ngunit isang beses ko lang nakitang may gumawa niyan). Napilitan silang dagdagan ng safety rules dahil sa political pressure. Alam nyo naman sa US, masyadong conservative.

Ang pinakamadaling makitang rule ngayon ay ang mga limitations kapag nasa ground ang kalaban.. bawal sipain o tuhudin ang ulo hehe.

K1 na lang with Mighty Mo, 'yung Samoan na matinding kanang kamao. Kahit yata si Mike Tyson walang binuga sa kanan ni Mighty Mo.
    "Kung ayaw mong masaktan mag-chess ka na lang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast