twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How about the Travel Thread

Share/Bookmark

Re: How about the Travel Thread

I'm planning to go to Batanes by the end of the year. Anyobody wants to share experiences in that place?

gusto kong mag-vigan. lahat yata kasi ng kilala ko napunta na doon. ako hindi pa.
    BASTA'T SEKSI.... LIBRE (since 1979).

gil, if you're going to batanes at yearend, don't expect:

1. sunshine. if it's not raining, it's cloudy. so don't attempt to do your laundry in the bathroom sink if you're not staying for more than three days.

2. many restos and entertainment establishments. if i'm not mistaken, there are no fastfood joints like mcdonald's and jollibee either. the better to taste authentic batanes cuisine, though.

3. 24-hour, round-the-clock electric power in the hotel you're staying in. kung meron, eh di mabuti. pero kung walang kuryente sa gabi o madaling araw, don't say i didn't warn you. pero ok lang, maulan naman dun at di ka mababanas sa init. in fact, it can get quite cold when the temperatures drop at nightfall.

4. traffic despite their bike lanes that pass for main thoroughfares. the primary modes of transport are bicycles, padyak tricycles, motorcycles, and tricycles especially in basco, the provincial capitol. ergo, malinis ang hangin doon.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Quote Originally Posted by Gil_Andrews
    I'm planning to go to Batanes by the end of the year. Anyobody wants to share experiences in that place?
    Barkadahin mo kagad ang hepe ng polisya para marami kang, ah, extra service...
    "Kung ayaw mong masaktan mag-chess ka na lang!"

El Nido, Palawan is the best! i was there a week ago, the weather cooperated, thank god! stayed there for 3D/2N, and we made the MOST out of it. Our flight was the first in the morning (Friday) and the last of the day (Sunday) on board ITI's Dornier 228, 10,000 feet above sea level (1 hr 15 mins). Snorkeling, intro diving, kayaking, island hopping, rock climbing! even the snake island, ang ganda! from the airport to the resort (Miniloc Island Resort) scenic views all the way (limestone cliffs, beaches, and of course the "balinsasayaw"). They have 2 resorts there, Miniloc Island and Lagen Island, 4-5 times na ako nakapunta (my father's hometown) lahat sa Miniloc. I would like to try Lagen becuase it's new and more costly The difference between the 2 is Miniloc has a house reef (snorkeling, intro dives) while Lagen has a 4 ft pool (no beach front). It's a nice getaway. One guest even said that if your friend doesn't believe in God, you should bring them to El Nido! Even the senior resort manager is a pretty sight to see

Quote Originally Posted by bluewing
    gusto kong mag-vigan. lahat yata kasi ng kilala ko napunta na doon. ako hindi pa.
    Don't forget to try the empanada and longanisa. And the basi. Talap talap. ;D
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

Quote Originally Posted by JonarSabilano
    Don't forget to try the empanada and longanisa. And the basi. Talap talap.* ;D
    sann ba ma-ko-compare ang longanisa dito? more on the sweet or spicy type? na-curious ako. mahilig ako dyan eh. da best na longanisa sa akin ay yung sa iloilo. yung matamis. "chorizo daw ang tawag nila dun. ewan ko sa kanila, basta longanisa pa rin yun. mukhang longanisa eh.

sann ba ma-ko-compare ang longanisa dito? more on the sweet or spicy type? na-curious ako. mahilig ako dyan eh. da best na longanisa sa akin ay yung sa iloilo. yung matamis. "chorizo daw ang tawag nila dun. ewan ko sa kanila, basta longanisa pa rin yun. mukhang longanisa eh.
    Mas spicy ang Vigan longanisa. Masarap lagyan ng suka. Parang longanisang Lucban pero mas maikli.

Mas spicy ang Vigan longanisa. Masarap lagyan ng suka. Parang longanisang Lucban pero mas maikli.
    salamat sa tip. any particular brand i should look for or pare-pareho yan?

salamat sa tip. any particular brand i should look for or pare-pareho yan?
    Noong pumunta ako doon, piyesta sa kanila. Maraming nakahilerang mini-carinderia na walang sine-serve kundi okoy, empanada (another must-try!), at longanisa. Pumili ako ng random na stall at kumain. Noong sumunod na araw, isa pang stall. Ganoon lang ang ginawa ko. Wala masyadong pagkakaiba ang lasa ng mga iyon.

Kung gusto mo mag-uwi ng longanisa, pumunta ka lang sa palengke. Katulad ng nabanggit kanina, halos pareho lang ang kalidad ng mga tinda roon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast