twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wrestling thread

Share/Bookmark

The Wrestling thread

Welcome to the wrestling thread, where people are free to talk about anything regarding the world of wrestling. We can discuss WWE, TNA, ROH, and other independent promotions.

Shawn Michaels has suffered a serious knee injury, which leaves John Cena as the only main-event face left on RAW. Smackdown has Edge as their WWE champion, and he can feud with a lot of guys, such as Batista, Kennedy, Matt Hardy, Benoit, Rey Mysterio for the next few months.

Haven't been watching TNA much lately, but I still keep track on what's happening with Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Christian Cage and a few others. As for ROH, with the return of the American Dragon from his injury, he should be seeking to regain his main title back soon, on a future PPV.

Re: The Wrestling thread

I was wondering when we were going to have a wrestling thread! ;D

I used to be more conversant with the independent/smaller promotions when I used to snap up wrestling magazines, but I don't do that anymore so it's hard to keep track of people after they leave the WWE (unless they show up on TNA, but I don't watch TNA much), and I don't hear about up-and-coming wrestlers until they actually make it to a big promotion. I kind of miss that.

(Did you know that when you Google ROH, the first result you get is for the Royal Opera House? LOL)
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

^ Yup, I thought now would be a good time to start up a wrestling thread discussion, especially with the different topics now being discussed here on Gameface, which is good for the growth of the site and its online community.

I just read the RAW spoilers, and it's getting a bit annoying how the former ECW champion Lashley is always appearing on the RAW show, and seems to spend more time there than on his own program. WWE, we get it, you really want to push and make Lashley look good, so just move him to the RAW roster already. Get someone else to be the ECW champ, a wrestler who'll actually stay on the ECW program, or else end the show already, and distribute the remaining talent to the 2 top shows, which I would actually prefer to happen later this year.

BRING BACK PINOY WRESTLING!!!

¬* ¬* ¬*Under the aegis of businessman Ramon "RJ" Jacinto, the Pinoy Wrestling Federation (PWF) made waves in the late 1980's and enjoys a cult following up to this day.¬* Among its stars then were:

King Cobra (PWF Champion)
    Joe Pogi
    Macho Franco (earlier known as Falayfay)
    Ang Lawin The Birdman
    Pinoy Ranger
    Zorro
    Sultan Bato
    Turko Torero and his Toreritos
    Iggy Igorot
    Baldong Dado
    Waway The Wildman
    Juan Duwag
    Max Buwaya and his Mikrobyos
    Bong and Caloy of the Bakal Boys
    Ting and Big Boy of the Smokey Mountain Brothers
    Kamikaze Kid
    Roboto

¬* ¬* ¬*The broadcast panel was led by Johnny Revilla with Albert "Dr. Q" Que as his partner.¬* The show bounced between networks and time slots before eventually folding up.¬* After that, the wrestlers went back to their old jobs as stuntmen, bodyguards, gym instructors and some national athletes.

maybe its high time to bring back the Pinoy Wrestling Federation (PWF) since Hatfield seems to be into wrestling, with guest appearance from Batista or Paras and Balingit for the pinoy superheavyweight championships ;D

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyServinio
    BRING BACK PINOY WRESTLING!!!

¬* ¬* ¬*Under the aegis of businessman Ramon "RJ" Jacinto, the Pinoy Wrestling Federation (PWF) made waves in the late 1980's and enjoys a cult following up to this day.¬* Among its stars then were:

King Cobra (PWF Champion)
    Joe Pogi
    Macho Franco (earlier known as Falayfay)
    Ang Lawin The Birdman
    Pinoy Ranger
    Zorro
    Sultan Bato
    Turko Torero and his Toreritos
    Iggy Igorot
    Baldong Dado
    Waway The Wildman
    Juan Duwag
    Max Buwaya and his Mikrobyos
    Bong and Caloy of the Bakal Boys
    Ting and Big Boy of the Smokey Mountain Brothers
    Kamikaze Kid
    Roboto

¬* ¬* ¬*The broadcast panel was led by Johnny Revilla with Albert "Dr. Q" Que as his partner.¬* The show bounced between networks and time slots before eventually folding up.¬* After that, the wrestlers went back to their old jobs as stuntmen, bodyguards, gym instructors and some national athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by CM_Punk
    I just read the RAW spoilers, and it's getting a bit annoying how the former ECW champion Lashley is always appearing on the RAW show, and seems to spend more time there than on his own program. WWE, we get it, you really want to push and make Lashley look good, so just move him to the RAW roster already. Get someone else to be the ECW champ, a wrestler who'll actually stay on the ECW program, or else end the show already, and distribute the remaining talent to the 2 top shows, which I would actually prefer to happen later this year.
    I agree about moving Lashley to RAW already, if the ECW stint was really only for building him up.

However, re: breaking up the brand and all, I think the RAW and SmackDown brands are overloaded enough as it is. The problem with the WWE's takeovers of WCW and ECW is that they had to assimilate a lot of new talent. I like how they have brands now (with trades/brand switches every so often to keep things interesting) because it gives the people on the roster more of a chance to get recognized instead of having to play forty-second fiddle to the superstars, but even with this setup the WWE has so many performers that not everyone gets seriously showcased and a couple of people get released from their contracts every week I know there are a lot of reasons for having lots of people on the rosters and for letting some of them go and I don't really have any recommendations right now for addressing those things; it's just sad to hear about people losing their jobs.
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

^ Well, I do agree that it's sad to read about the wrestlers being released the past few weeks, as they will have to go elsewhere for their wrestling dreams.

I'm just not a fan of the ECW brand still existing, as their legacy is now over, and it's time to move on. I would prefer them to move talent and improve upon Sunday Night Heat, and bring back Velocity as well. That's 2 additional shows for the wrestlers to work with, those who can't appear on the RAW and Smackdown main shows. Also makes sure not too many others get fired, if there are other TV shows to be on.

Quote Originally Posted by pachador
    maybe its high time to bring back the Pinoy Wrestling Federation (PWF) since Hatfield seems to be into wrestling, with guest appearance from Batista or Paras and Balingit for the pinoy superheavyweight championships¬* ;D
    My fondest moment in the PWF is Iggy Igorot picking up coins tossed into the ring.
    ---
    The ANIMO will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by GHRanger
    Quote Originally Posted by pachador
    maybe its high time to bring back the Pinoy Wrestling Federation (PWF) since Hatfield seems to be into wrestling, with guest appearance from Batista or Paras and Balingit for the pinoy superheavyweight championships¬* ;D
    My fondest moment in the PWF is Iggy Igorot picking up coins tossed into the ring.
    Ako naman Joe Pogi and his lovely chicks
    Practice makes perfect but nobody's perfect so why practice!!!

A few months ago nakapanood ako sa RJTV ng replays.. Lawin vs one Bakal Boy. That was fun. :D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 59 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast