twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: BIG AND LITTLE SCREEN: MOVIES & TV THREAD

Share/Bookmark

BIG AND LITTLE SCREEN: MOVIES & TV THREAD

Latest American Idol, Survivor, Amazing Race, CSI? Put them all here.

Latest sequels, prequels, indie hits? Ditto.

Re: BIG AND LITTLE SCREEN: MOVIES & TV THREAD

Let me start by asking: I wonder when THE UNIT and E-RING will return to the Crime and Suspense Channel on cable?

I beleived those shows were by far the most accurate representation of special forces work and the men and women behind them ever made in TV history, heck maybe even including the movies.

24's Dennis Haysbert is one of the leads in THE UNIT, a series about an elite Delta Force squad.

One-time Mr Julia Roberts Benjamin Bratt is the lead in E-RING, yet another covert special ops show, with this unit being operated by the Pentagon itself.

Cool thread, Sam!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Miguel
    Let me start by asking: I wonder when THE UNIT and E-RING will return to the Crime and Suspense Channel on cable?
    I'm afraid I don't know the answer, but I do want to say that I like the Crime/Suspense Channel a lot My favorite shows there are the true crime documentaries, as well as Psych and Bones. I always tell people that I don't like medical shows like ER and Grey's Anatomy because I only like to watch when there's already a dead body and people have to find out "whodunit." ;D
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

Mrs Sam Miguel loves BONES as well Carrot. She just loves the lead character for her quirkiness AND humanity, a very sympathetic character indeed.

I personally like the sexually tense lovey-dovies going on between Angela (the tall half-Asian woman) and Hodgins (the curly-haired, bearded fellow).

the show i've been crazy of late is heroes. come to think of it, i also dig supernatural, ghost whisperer, and of course, the original twilight zone and the x-files. anything that stretches your speculative imagination is fine with me. just imagine a world without ruffa, annabelle, and yilmaz ;D
    Always remember that you are unique--just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Miguel
    Mrs Sam Miguel loves BONES as well Carrot. She just loves the lead character for her quirkiness AND humanity, a very sympathetic character indeed.

I personally like the sexually tense lovey-dovies going on between Angela (the tall half-Asian woman) and Hodgins (the curly-haired, bearded fellow).
    Bones is an endearing character indeed, Sam I do like the interesting mix of humanity and ivory tower remoteness in her. And yes, the dynamics between Angela and Hodgins are interesting indeed!

Supernatural shows are cool, too, although the first and only real supernatural show I've ever really gotten into was The Real Ghostbusters ;D I hope I can begin Heroes when it premieres on Crime/Suspense - when I miss a series premiere, I don't feel motivated to watch the rest anymore!
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

"Heroes" is very brooding, like a very long graphic novel come to the little screen. I like that it feels like an M Night Shyamalan production, great character studies and subtle story development.

Among the three CSI iterations I prefer CSI Miami because of the tough guy character of Horatio Caine played by NYPD Blue's David Caruso. Horatio gives the show a more human and elemental feel, a welcome break from all of the science and legalese.

One other series I love on the CS Channel is "Law and Order", the original one with Sam Shepard and Angie Harmon. The legwork and legal work that go into fighting crime are perfectly explored.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

ako naman, among 3 CSI's my favorite is still the original, then CSI:NY. unlike joescoundrel, hindi benta sa akin ung character ni horatio caine, parang exag for me.

i also love House. i'm just starting to watch Grey's anatomy and i like it so far.
    Love may leave your heart like shattered glass. But keep in mind that there's someone who'll be willing to endure the pain of picking up the pieces so you could be whole again.

Never been fond of these series, pero na-tiempuhan ko yung simula ng Commander in Chief w/c stars Donald Sutherland and Geena Davis. Sa isang may edad tulad ko, kilala ko itong dalawa as very good and credible actors. Mukhang susubaybayan ko ito.
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

house and the shield......
    A million old soldiers may fade away, but a dream lives on forever!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast