twitterfacebookgoogle+register
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: JRU-La Salle Post-Game Showdown

Share/Bookmark

Re: JRU-La Salle Post-Game Showdown

kung inis ang la salle crowd sa calls ng referee, then they should have taken it up with the referees, or the commissioner or the technical committee of the tournament.

tama si lekiboy, hindi na bago sa mundo ng basketball na hindi patas ang tawag ng referee. hindi rin naman bago sa college ball ang laban na may tirahan. and la salle isn't exactly one of those teams na hindi nakikipagbanggaan.

while it may be true na pabor sa JRU ang calls and that Vanguardia was condoning his boys playing a very physical game, parang walang kinalaman sa naging laro (or ung reklamo nila sa laro) ung sinabi ni pumaren.
    Love may leave your heart like shattered glass. But keep in mind that there's someone who'll be willing to endure the pain of picking up the pieces so you could be whole again.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegirl
    kung inis ang la salle crowd sa calls ng referee, then they should have taken it up with the referees, or the commissioner or the technical committee of the tournament.

tama si lekiboy, hindi na bago sa mundo ng basketball na hindi patas ang tawag ng referee. hindi rin naman bago sa college ball ang laban na may tirahan. and la salle isn't exactly one of those teams na hindi nakikipagbanggaan.

while it may be true na pabor sa JRU ang calls and that Vanguardia was condoning his boys playing a very physical game, parang walang kinalaman sa naging laro (or ung reklamo nila sa laro) ung sinabi ni pumaren.*
    well, the next game will be interesting. We just have to make sure that their physical play will be noticed by the zebras. The organizers have spoken to both coaches, so hopefully tapos na ang bangayan. Abangan!

UST also had a dose of JRU's brand of physicality and Vanguardia's fist pumping. Nakakapikon (daw). Moreso because it happened in the Tigers own backyard. But then again, my friend, who witnessed the game acknowledged that Vanguardia earned it. And that Jervy and Gile (who were banished from the game) should learn a lesson or two from the Bombers.

imo, mas ok ang ganyan...meaning both teams were serious enough to get the win...pareho gustong manalo kaya a tama lang* asar ang natalo..i'm just so fed up of sometimes hearing that teams aren't taking the pre season tournament seriously..the incident proves otherwise...
    A million old soldiers may fade away, but a dream lives on forever!!!!

Sabi nga ni Cheap Shot Rob, there is such thing as season foul and playoff foul. At times playing basketball is not just about skills and talent. sa isang physical na laro pangalawa lang ang tigas ng katawan, kelangan ang una mong puhunan... mental toughness. ang pikon at sira ang laro, talo.
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

Re fist pumping: I don't think Ariel V intended to taunt anyone, pero nakakainis talaga pag natalo ka tapos ginawa yun ng kalaban mo. But I don't think he did that to piss Franz off.

Re refs: One of the reasons why UST won the UAAP championship last year was because they knew how to work DESPITE the referees. They knew NABRO sucked, but they were able to adjust to the calls. I know it's not an excuse for refs/leagues to not do something about it, I'm just saying that you have to work with what you're given (unless the refs intentionally want you to lose).

it all boils down to CLASS and PROPER UPBRINGING.

kung meron ka nyan, at tama ang values mo, WIN OR LOSE, you will know how to conduct yourself properly.

BIGO KA SA PAGPAPALAKI, PILO!
    BASTA'T SEKSI.... LIBRE (since 1979).

^^ That's right, it boils down to CLASS.

Ariel V. did'nt have it with his fist pumping. He wins first prize. bluewing, your post (with reference to coach Pilo) gives you 2nd prize. Sorry, really wanted to give you the 1st prize but Ariel gets it. maybe next time.

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl
    ^^ That's right, it boils down to CLASS.

Ariel V. did'nt have it with his fist pumping. He wins first prize. bluewing, your post (with reference to coach Pilo) gives you 2nd prize. Sorry, really wanted to give you the 1st prize but Ariel gets it. maybe next time.

i think franz deserves first prize for his sore loser attitude.

i'll settle for second.

and you get third for bringing it up and getting your hands dirty. you could've just resisted and ignored me but the "competitor" in you just had to get a word in, so your tenacity earns you an honorable mention. congratualtions.*

but enough about us.

the topic is about the coaches' and their wives' little prattle so let us stick to that. diverting the discussion to tear down mere spectators such as myself does little to help your cause or shed light on the subject.

thanks for your time.
    BASTA'T SEKSI.... LIBRE (since 1979).

You know, you really do deserve 1st prize.

That's for dragging Coach Pilo into the mix. He does'nt deserve your classy remarks. YOU brought someone into the fray who wasn't involved, so you did digress from the topic first.

As for ignoring you, do you really want that? Methinks not.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast