twitterfacebookgoogle+register
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73

Thread: JRU-La Salle Post-Game Showdown

Share/Bookmark
  1. #11

    Re: FilOil-Flying V Preseason Invitational 2007

    Sabi sa ibang forum, kaya pala nagka-initan kasi nung sinabi ni Coach Franz na "Huwag muna kayo sumaya, di pa kayo nag-chachampion", Coach Ariel shot back "Nag-champion nga kayo pero nabawi naman trophy ninyo".

  2. #12

    Re: FilOil-Flying V Preseason Invitational 2007

    something like that, gfy. actually it went like this. franz: "kung mag-celebrate kayo, kala mo nag-champion." ariel: "oo, champion nga kayo, pero wala naman kayong trophy." it's just plain and simple asaran na may napikon. ganun lang yun. mas malala nga mag-asaran yung mga pala ng JRU at la salle ;D
    Always remember that you are unique--just like everyone else.

  3. #13

    Re: FilOil-Flying V Preseason Invitational 2007

    The winner always earn the bragging rights.

    Kaya pag talo, tumahimik na lang at bumawi sa susunod na laban. Kung mamaliitin mo ang panalo ng kalaban - mali yun.

    Ayan, minalit tuloy yung championship mismo!

    Sana magkita uli sa playoff itong dalawa!

    Teka.... nasa tamang thread ba ito? ;D ;D ;D
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

  4. #14

    Re: FilOil-Flying V Preseason Invitational 2007

    Normal lang siguro na me asaran paminsan minsan or me pikunan. whats unique here is battle of wifes. normal lang siguro lang player vs player, coach vs coach, audience vs audience. Anyway, agree na dapat sa court yan idaan sa susunod.
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

    The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

  5. #15

    Re: FilOil-Flying V Preseason Invitational 2007

    I would think that the winner should be gracious in victory, not pumping his fist while walking to midcourt. That's taunting in any language.

    This is not the first time he's done that. Other coaches in the NCAA can attest to that. It's time his attention was called about his actuations. One can celebrate with his players, his crowd, but when walking to the other side to shake the hands of your opponents, some humility would be nice. Specially when some incidents had already happened inside the court.

    Anyway, it's not yet over. One thing is sure, La Salle eliminated JRU from the ongoing Nike Summer League. In the Filoil/Flying-V tournament, La Salle is in no danger of being eliminated, so the two teams can meet again, IF they hurdle their group assignments and make the finals.

    I hope Ariel V. can pump his fist in the face of a few more opposing coaches, along the way.

  6. #16

    Re: FilOil-Flying V Preseason Invitational 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by nightowl
    I would think that the winner should be gracious in victory, not pumping his fist while walking to midcourt. That's taunting in any language.

    This is not the first time he's done that. Other coaches in the NCAA can attest to that. It's time his attention was called about his actuations. One can celebrate with his players, his crowd, but when walking to the other side to shake the hands of your opponents, some humility would be nice. Specially when some incidents had already happened inside the court.

    Anyway, it's not yet over. One thing is sure, La Salle eliminated JRU from the ongoing Nike Summer League. In the Filoil/Flying-V tournament, La Salle is in no danger of being eliminated, so the two teams can meet again, IF they hurdle their group assignments and make the finals.

    I hope Ariel V. can pump his fist in the face of a few more opposing coaches, along the way.
    C'mon guys, give the bombers a break..They have prepared a lot for these and the win is a major milestone for them. malaking kasiyahan para sa isang koponan ang nangyari. can't we be just happy for them? kung totoo man, franz should have just said: "Congrats, pare - Ang galing na ninyo. Goodluck sa inyo sa NCAA." Classy pa ang dating ni franz, tapos pa ang usapan..

    I do not think our coaches ( red ones) will take offense if Ariel makes that gesture. Ariel deserves it and he has every right. Pag naasar ka dun, medyo sore loser ang dating mo...

    Our fellowship will never cease!
    ANIMO SAN BEDA!

  7. #17

    Re: FilOil-Flying V Preseason Invitational 2007

    Quote Originally Posted by lekiboy
    I do not think our coaches ( red ones) will take offense if Ariel makes that gesture. Ariel deserves it and he has every right.* Pag naasar ka dun, medyo sore loser ang dating mo...
    mismo, lekiboy.

    franz should be able to take it as good as he can give it. who among us, especially the ateneans, can forget that "photo ops" he and his boys took to freeze that ADMU-DLSU game in which the eagles were butchered back in season 68? instead of letting the clock wind down to end our misery, they did that little skit for their enjoyment while holding us up to humiliation. or his smiling approval of araña's jig?

    now that the shoe's on the other foot, he cries foul? hhmm...
    When a religious scheme is shattered (as Christianity was shattered at the Reformation), it is not merely the vices that are let loose. The vices are, indeed, let loose, and they wander and do damage. But the virtues are let loose also. - G.K.Chesterton, Orthodoxy
    Dominus vobiscum

  8. #18

    Re: JRU-La Salle Post-Game Showdown

    Di na bago yang fist pumping ni Vanguardia. Mapa NCAA or off-season game, ginagawa niya pag panalo sila.

    Di ko napanood ang laro, pero there must be something that went on throughout the game that led to that "altercation".

    Base on commentaries here and other forums, masyado raw physical ang laro ng JRU, and mukhang kinunsinte ni Vanguardia ang physical play ng Bombers w/c bordered on the excess.

    Well, ganito lang yan and this applies to both JRU and Letran.

    They will both play physical to start a game. They will play hard. They will "make contact". Deliberate!

    They will continue to do so for as long the referees allow them to.

    Pag walang pito, tuloy ang hard and tough play.

    Pag may pito then they will "calibrate" their game.


    If you, the opponent cannot take that, next game bring your own referee.* ;D ;D ;D

    Bottomline here, kung JRU or Letran ang kalaban mo, before the start of the game linawin mo sa referee anong klaseng contact ang papayagan nila. Not because you want to know, but to bring to the conciousness of the refs na huwag hayang maging garapal ang contacts.
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

  9. #19

    Re: JRU-La Salle Post-Game Showdown

    ^^ ang sa akin, ang isa sa ikina-inis ng la salle fans ay kung bakit manipis ang tawagan sa kanila pag hawak ng JRU ang bola, samantalang makapal naman ang sa JRU pag opensa ang la salle. if i'm not mistaken, rico maierhoffer hardly saw action because he was foul-saddled, and they say many of those fouls he supposedly "committed" were incidental compared to what JRU's bigs were getting away with.
    Always remember that you are unique--just like everyone else.

  10. #20

    Re: JRU-La Salle Post-Game Showdown

    Quote Originally Posted by Bennie Bangag
    ^^ ang sa akin, ang isa sa ikina-inis ng la salle fans ay kung bakit manipis ang tawagan sa kanila pag hawak ng JRU ang bola, samantalang makapal naman ang sa JRU pag opensa ang la salle. if i'm not mistaken, rico maierhoffer hardly saw action because he was foul-saddled, and they say many of those fouls he supposedly "committed" were incidental compared to what JRU's bigs were getting away with.
    alam naman natin na may mga games na ganyan ang nangyayari- when we played letran in fil oil, eksakto sa comments din ni bennie and nagyari - what's new? pero may gamot kami diyan.... si pong at si tecson...itong mga batang ito kapag dinikitan mo, siguradong tatawagan ka ng foul... hanggang umabot sa freethrow. ayun! siguradong di mo na fa foul next time..dahil halos lahat pasok. dun sila napipikon kapag inartehan na... a dose of a different kind of medicine.

    ganun talaga ang letran, jru and even mapua, sama mo na baste- we even got some of our players injured - nandun yung pinatid si borgie several times and yung siniko si sam off the play.. these resulted to some suspensions. diskarte lang yan mga repapips... ito ang NCAA games na alam ko. pag medyo mahina dibdib mo, mapipikon ka talaga. Koy did a good job pacifying the players and worked around it. My hats off to sam, pong and the others for keeping their cool. A lot of them tried to provoke and defocus our efforts.

    kung minsan, kami na mismo na alumni ang nang aaway at nanghahamon ng suntukan against the bench...just to drive a point na mali ang ginagawa nila - which works almost always. ;D ;D 9 di ba LION?) sa NCAA, di pwede ang larong "nana", pag lagi kang ganun, makakalbo ka sa kunsumisyon...uuwi ka pang luhaan.

    Our fellowship will never cease!
    ANIMO SAN BEDA!


 
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

 
Visitor count:
Copyright © 2005 - 2013. Gameface.ph