twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Player Monickers

Share/Bookmark

Re: Player Monickers

Quote Originally Posted by christian
    second name nya yata (middle name?) is A din.
    His real name is Aaron Abril Aban.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight
    The Court General - Willie Generalao (Tanduay)
    His official nicknames were "The Little General" and to a lesser extent, "Wily Willy".

Quote Originally Posted by fujima04

The Fast and the Furious a.k.a. Bandana Brothers - Mark Caguioa and Jayjay Helterbrand
    The original "Bandana Kid," as tagged by the late Pinggoy Pengson, was Steve Watson.
    We are not a nation of donkeys, we are a nation of Lions!

Kakalimutan ko na yong first name nya. San Beda used to have a player three years ago na pagpinasok sa court everyone would chant "papogian na lang". There you go.

____ "Papogian Na Lang" Webber.

"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_lion
    Kakalimutan ko na yong first name nya. San Beda used to have a player three years ago na pagpinasok sa court everyone would chant "papogian na lang". There you go.

____ "Papogian Na Lang" Webber.

That's guard Carlo "Choco" Weber.

How about Mark "Ah!-Pe!-Pe! 5x" Apepe. ;D
    "I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland. And I won't stop until I get it." - LeBron James

The very next NBA season Lebron changed uniform..... Bading!

Re: Team Monickers

Pa-deviate ng konti . . . Team Monickers naman.

The Motor City Bad Boys – 80s Detroit Pistons starring hardcourt hooligans Laimbeer, Mahorn, Rodman.

Boston Bigots – derisive term for the late-80s Celtics who had lots of white players in its lineup; aside from Bird and McHale, they had Danny Ainge, Greg Kite, Jerry Schisting, Scott Wedman, a should'av-retired-long-ago Bill Walton, plus a few more. Ironic really, considering the Celtics pioneered in the inclusion of African-Americans in the league; drafting the first black player – Chuck Cooper; and fielding the first all-black five in the NBA.

Murder, Inc. – 1950s Letran squad named after the Mafia's assassination agency.

The Dream Team – The original 1992 Barcelona Olympics USA Men's Basketball Team.

In other sports:
    Baseball's "Miracle Mets" (1969 New York Mets) and football's "Galacticos" (meaning superstars, in reference to the 2001-2004 Real Madrid, which had Zidane, Ronaldo, Figo, Beckham and Roberto Carlos playing at the same time.)

"Catalonia is a country and FC Barcelona is their army."
                                                              --Bobby Robson

EL APARADOR ;D

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_lion
    Bam Gamalinda/J-Tecson
    1. More slashing skills. Though I understand thier role in the team as midrange to outside sniper, mas makakabuti yong ma-improve yong slashing skills nya. Besides, Frankie Lims' uptempo system favors much playing time for slashers than perimeter shooter.
    2. One-on-one defense. Bam's defense deteriorated since his first debut in RL. Siguro one-on-one sessions sila ni Menor, Lanete at Ajeet Singh palagi. Yong tipong mamaniin nya sa depensa ang tatlong yan.

Hmmm . . . If he hones his penetration drives, pwede na syang tawagin: Wham-Bam-Thank-You-Ma'am Gamalinda

"Catalonia is a country and FC Barcelona is their army."
                                                              --Bobby Robson

Re: Team Monickers

Quote Originally Posted by WampumTribe

Murder, Inc. – 1950s Letran squad named after the Mafia's assassination agency.
    My apologies to our Letran friends but I received a text message yesterday and I am posting here the edited version.

"In the 1950s, we fought Murder, Inc. of Lauro "the Fox" Mumar. 1n 2007, we fought the Monster, Inc. of John "the Kojak" Melegrito."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast