twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Fil-foreign basketball prospects

Share/Bookmark

Fil-foreign basketball prospects

some up and coming fil-am ballers:

Nick Stephens 6'5" and Julius Cumlat 5'10"* both in the Holy Names University - Division II

James Francisco 6'3" @ 200 lbs* Chaminade university - Division II

Anthony Torres 6'2" Bear Creek High School ,stockton California -San Joaquin AA League -- a leader in assists, FGs, rebounds, steals -

Re: Fil-foreign basketball prospects

Quote Originally Posted by pachador
    some up and coming fil-am ballers:

Nick Stephens 6'5" and Julius Cumlat 5'10"* both in the Holy Names University - Division II

James Francisco 6'3" @ 200 lbs* Chaminade university - Division II

Anthony Torres 6'2" Bear Creek High School ,stockton California -San Joaquin AA League -- a leader in assists, FGs, rebounds, steals -
    As for Anthony's stats, you may find them here: http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Pla...e-9cb8c90ed959

There's another Pinoy in the lineup, Shawn Caluya. He's been used only sparingly, though.

Nick Stephens' HNU plays in the NAIA Division II, not the NCAA Division II. In a game against NCAA Division I member Santa Clara (Steve Nash's alma mater), Nick Stephens scored 2 points in 14 minutes. Julius Cumlat scored 4.
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

Confirmed na bang Fil-Am yang mga yan? Maybe you'll need to put Quinito Henson on the case ;D
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

confirmado na yan hija. sa san joaquin valley ay libo-libong fil-ams who are descended from filpino migrant farm laborers in the 1930s. These laborers settled in bakerfield, delano, visalia, stockton. Diyan naman sa san diego ay mga descendants ng mga filipinos who served in the US navy.
    marami rin filipinos na mexclado ng mga americano even before they moved back to the US because back in the 1930s, hundreds of american soldiers settled in homesteads in mindanao specially in momungan(today called Baroy or baloi). this american soldiers married visayans, and most of their descendants moved back to the states. in my home city of cagayan de oro alone, marami sa kanila nakatira na ngayon sa kalfornia tulad ng mga Paige, Chaloner, Petersen, Larrabaster Willkomm, Andrews, Morgan, etc. marami rin mga mexclado na kastila-visaya na lumipat sa US at australia lalo na yung mga kastila who are not doing well.
    meron din mga german jews who fled Hitler nung 1930s and they ended up in manila or cebu. I met a descendant whose german father had a business that was responsible during marcos time for maintaining the philippine marines armored vehicles tulad ng mga LVTH6 self propelled howitzer. by the way - yan si Bachmann-->mukhang German na last name yan. achtung !

sa negros naman ay meron nag-settle diyan na mga english at french who helped set up the haciendas. sa cagayan de oro ay meron ding alam ko na isang french mestizo kaso mga maliliit although tisoy. isa nitong mga french mestizo pala ang lahi ay si "Pogi" 6 foot Cabrera who played for mapua with benito cheng* in the 1980s.
    and of course there is the ubiquitous fil-chinese that have produced their share of ballers ,e.g. chiu, co, beng, yeo, etc
    one source of talent that remains to be tapped are the thousands of kastila-filipinos who decided to go back to spain after world war 2 due to horrendous conditions in post-war manila right after 1945, although obviously, hindi na yan sila filipino , bka mga 12% or maybe 25% na lang. in barcelona at madrid naman recently , maraming native na katulong naman at yung iba nag-asawa ng kastila so baka mag-kakaroon tayo soon ng mga Fil-espanol ala Gasol de mindanao* ;D
    The relentless hybridization of the Filipino racial stock and culture is resulting in a Philippines with mixed-race people and culture, and this trend is accelerating with the influx not only of chinese but also korean, european and american immigrants in the philippines coupled with the mixed marriages abroad giving rise to future generations of filipino supermen players ;D
    ayan ha pati kitchen sink sinali ko sa sagot ;D

Quote Originally Posted by 5FootCarrot
    Confirmed na bang Fil-Am yang mga yan? Maybe you'll need to put Quinito Henson on the case ;D

Baka naman ikaw si Quinito Henson! :P Just kidding. ;D
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

Get thee hence to the United States, Mr Black!

actually, there's soooo many fil-am ballers , i just dont know their first names but i remember their last names because of their wizardry, theres* Santos of west covina, Reyes(Ryan yata first name), Margate, Domingo, etc. one of thisdays when I have time ,i'll track down their first names.
    I play ball every weekend .its my stresss reliever from work. the pick-up games here are short -- scoring is by 1 point . first team to reach 13 points will win then winner plays next challenger team. lots of injuries happen. i myself have a lot of injuries, luckily none of them has permanently stopped me from playing but for sure no more acrobatic lay-ups in the air for me. its too dangerous as I get older.

crush mo ba si quinito?* chika *

Quote Originally Posted by 5FootCarrot
    Baka naman ikaw si Quinito Henson! :P Just kidding. ;D

Hi! do you have any contact with the Fil am players? PBL is now on direct hiring this conference and if they are available it is only a 2 month season it will end in June.... you can text me thru 0919-3362509 thank you

Hi,

looks like your living in north carolina based on your tel #. as a practical friendly suggestion, if your a basketball scout, its much better if you live in states with big fil-am populations ,e.g. california, new york/new jersey, michigan, florida, texas or hawaii. if possible living in california is the best because it has the biggest pool of fil-am ballers ,then go regularly to the asian or filipino tournaments.* what player positions are you looking for? are you a scout or coach? what team do you represent in the PBL?

quote author=coachav link=topic=1111.msg34613#msg34613 date=1175847335]
    Hi!* do you have any contact with the Fil am players?* PBL is now on direct hiring this conference and if they are available it is only a 2 month season it will end in June....* *you can text me thru 0919-3362509 thank you

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast