twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Potential Recruits for the NCAA and UAAP Teams

Share/Bookmark

Potential Recruits for the NCAA and UAAP Teams

Anthony, who do you think are the potential recruits from the Vis-Min areas who can play and transfer to the Manila Schools for the next collegiate NCAA and UAAP seasons?

Re: Potential Recruits for the NCAA and UAAP Teams

Quote Originally Posted by Out_Of_The_Blue
    Anthony, who do you think are the potential recruits from the Vis-Min areas who can play and transfer to the Manila Schools for the next collegiate NCAA and UAAP seasons?
    yup,me too.i want to know who could transfer to manila like noy baclao did last year.better yet,some high school players who could imediately play.

Actually, I'd rather see Vis-Min teams who can compare favorably with the Big 16, i.e., the UAAP and the NCAA. Of course there are exceptions like UV (Qui├▒ahan, Raneses), and UMin (Eman, Saldua), but if we were to really spread the gospel of hoops, especially in the countryside, I think the best approach is to level the playing field.

The SBP can take an active role in developing players from the provinces. It could drum up support for local teams, or provide grants for building gymnasia and training facilities. If Samigue Eman, for example, was spotted earlier and trained better, he wouldn't have been relegated to the mere PBL project that he is now (although I was hoping he'd dominate early given his size and innate ability).

Just my two cents.
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

┬* ┬* ┬*Sorry to disappoint everybody, but I will make it a point that NO Vis-Min player will transfer.┬* They're all staying as the officials of the schools will do everything in their power to hold on to these kids.┬* The way basketball has developed in the past years will make any player think twice of transferring.┬* There are two solid varsity leagues in the VAAA and CeSAFI plus a solid commercial league for alumni in the MVBA.

┬* ┬* ┬*Gone are the days when Manila schools would hoard players and just let them rot in Team B or on the bench of Team A when they can be superstars back home.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyServinio
    Sorry to disappoint everybody, but I will make it a point that NO Vis-Min player will transfer. They're all staying as the officials of the schools will do everything in their power to hold on to these kids. The way basketball has developed in the past years will make any player think twice of transferring. There are two solid varsity leagues in the VAAA and CeSAFI plus a solid commercial league for alumni in the MVBA.

Gone are the days when Manila schools would hoard players and just let them rot in Team B or on the bench of Team A when they can be superstars back home.
    yeah, sayang ang talent ng iba when they could have flourished in the local leagues like Zach Estoesta, buti na lang bumalik si Sam Hermosa, hehehe
    Cebu will be a stronger power in basketball very soon...
    Sulong Sri Vijaya!

How about talent for the national and youth teams?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    pag nasa national pool na ang player, hindi na pwede kasi maglaro sa CESAFI, sa Cebu...hahaha, its in their rules, checked it kanina
    Sulong Sri Vijaya!

Quote Originally Posted by thadzonline
    pag nasa national pool na ang player, hindi na pwede kasi maglaro sa CESAFI, sa Cebu...hahaha, its in their rules, checked it kanina
    wow, bakit naman ganun? if ever maglaro para sa bansa si slaughter bago sya maggraduate automatic bawal na sya sa CESAFI kahit pa college players ksama nya?(example lng)

Quote Originally Posted by Semenelin
    Quote Originally Posted by thadzonline
    wow, bakit naman ganun? if ever maglaro para sa bansa si slaughter bago sya maggraduate automatic bawal na sya sa CESAFI kahit pa college players ksama nya?(example lng)
    yes, bawal na...its specific in the rules...maybe also the reason he was not in the SEAG pool, maybe UV did not allow him to join even if he was indeed invited
    Sulong Sri Vijaya!

@Thadz:

Does joining the national team automatically forfeit ones eligibility to play for CESAFI irregardless of the time? Or it's only applicable to players who joined the national pool prior to joining the CESAFI?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast