twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: To those who have been asking if Bono is returning for UAAP 70...

Share/Bookmark

To those who have been asking if Bono is returning for UAAP 70...

...the answer most likely is NO.
    "It takes two to tango and ten to play basketball."

--- Horace Dump

Re: To those who have been asking if Bono is returning for UAAP 70...

If that's the case, then Adamson will have a tough time next year.* Ken has finally found the consistency needed to carry and lead his team.* He will leave a big void (literally and figuratively) on the court.* ;D

Sayang lang, sana mas gagaling at mas magiging consistent pa siya pagkatapos ng isa pang taon sa UAAP.

Well, good luck to him, wherever he chooses to go.*
    ---
    The ANIMO will prevail.

I'm sure Adamson fans are disappointed at this development and are hoping that Ken changes his mind.

It makes sense, however, that he would be leaning towards getting out of collegiate ball and taking steps towards the PBA at this point in time. His draft prospects are high following Adamson's first final four stint and his winning the UAAP MVP trophy. If he stays another year, baka ano pa ang mangyari to adversely affect his chances at the pros *knocks wood*

Anyway, I am sure that his decision, whether to go or stay, will be for the best. I don't think that this is the last the public will hear or see of him Good luck to Ken in all his future endeavors!
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

In the last edition of the Sunday Inquirer Magazine Ken Bono said the PBA was not the most important thing on his mind right now.

What is the first thing on his mind?

GETTING MARRIED.

That is one lucky woman. It isn't everyday you get hitched to a UAAP MVP as well as a future PBA All Star.

Although I suspect the young lady must also be a very special woman to merit the affection of a hardcore hoops demigod...

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Miguel
    In the last edition of the Sunday Inquirer Magazine Ken Bono said the PBA was not the most important thing on his mind right now.

What is the first thing on his mind?

GETTING MARRIED.

That is one lucky woman. It isn't everyday you get hitched to a UAAP MVP as well as a future PBA All Star.

Although I suspect the young lady must also be a very special woman to merit the affection of a hardcore hoops demigod...
    Maya Montecillo was once a courtside reporter for both the PBL and the NBC. Atenista 'yan. Manager ng track team namin dati. Ken and Maya are both lucky to have each other.
    Brokensauce. Coming soon to a club near you.

I think this confirms everything...

Bono, Cruz leave UAAP, set sights on PBA
    By Joey Villar
    The Philippine Star 03/25/2007

Adamson’s Ken Bono and University of the Philippines’ Marvin Cruz, two of the best performers in college basketball last year, will not be returning to their respective schools for the coming UAAP season.

Bono, the 2006 UAAP MVP, and Cruz, a member of the UAAP First Mythical Team, have both decided to forgo the final year of their eligibility in the UAAP to make themselves available for the PBA rookie draft in August.

"He’s applying for the PBA draft," said a source close to Bono.

Bono was reportedly disappointed with the Marcelino-based school’s decision to cut his monthly allowance just a few weeks after powering the Falcons to their first ever Final Four appearance since the format was introduced in the league in the 90s.

"I guess Adamson didn’t need Ken anymore because they cut his allowance after the last UAAP campaign," said the same source.

--- Horace Dump

Yup, when I read that article, I thought it would finally put an end to the speculation.

It's sad that Ken Bono's conflict with the Adamson admin came to light, but hopefully this will be a lesson to the admin to be more careful about their relationships with the players.
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

^
    Hi carrot!

At least you knew the truth na long before that newspaper article came out. It pays to be an insider doesn't it? Hehe*

Anyway a friend told me na may nag-iissue daw sa PEx that Adamson took away Ken's allowance because he stopped attending the Falcons' practices. Let me just confirm that Ken stopped going to Adamson after the school took away his allowance and not the other way around. Actually nag-enroll pa sya doon this semester all the while thinking that the school will continue giving him his allowance if not increase it. After all, wala naman silang narinig na reklamo dun sa tao nung hindi nila sya binigyan for winning the MVP award last season. At alam naman nilang lahat na si Ken lang ang bumubuhay sa family nya sa Iloilo. He thought that his good performance in the UAAP merited enough for his school to give him a little something to help out with his family's everyday expenses in the province.

But now we all know that none of his expectations were met. And if the issue on PEx is to be believed, si Ken pa ngayon ang napapasama.

Knowing the people who run the school hindi naman aamin ng kakulangan yan and they will always find reasons to put Ken in a bad light. A lot of the posters on PEx who claim that he has an attitude problem come from his own school, and a lot of those who defend him or try to find out his side of the story muna before passing judgment are supporters of other teams. Weird but true.

--- Horace Dump

why did ken bono snub the invite for the seaba team as stated in the papers recenty, if true at all?

Hi joelex..

Ken was never invited by Harbour to try out for the SEABA team. Nagulat na nga lang kami his name was in the papers, eh. I guess people just assumed that since his point production in the UAAP and PBL were high that he would be a candidate for the RP team that's why they thought he was invited.

Harbour practices after Cebuana everyday at Reyes Gym. If they were really interested in the guy kahit siguro utility boy ng Harbour magsasabi kay Ken na umattend ng tryout but the invitation never came.

Ok lang naman kay Ken yun. He trains twice a day everyday in preparation for the coming months of competition. He is also training with a plyometrics coach at Club 650 Libis to work on his footwork. Sabi nya he will just focus on his PBL and hopefully be drafted by Welcoat in the PBA later this year.

--- Horace Dump

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast