twitterfacebookgoogle+register
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DLSU high school teams

Share/Bookmark

DLSU high school teams

This is where you can post news, updates, game schedules of the DLSU high school teams. Any La Salle system high school will be welcome in terms of providing updates in the team. This would help us out in looking for DLSU high school studs that can make it or will be good enough to become a future Green Archer.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

Re: DLSU high school teams

bigfreeze,

Do you have a list of HS players (Greenhills and Zobel) who played college ball for DLSU?

Quote Originally Posted by LION
    bigfreeze,

Do you have a list of HS players (Greenhills and Zobel) who played college ball for DLSU?
    I don't have the list with me but I'll try my best to get a copy of it. As soon as I get it, I'll post it here.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

^ Ok Bigfreeze. Will wait for it. It would be interesting to note which between LSGH and LSZ has produced the most number of players who played for the Green Archers (and would therefore has the bragging rights as THE REAL juniors team of the DLS system).

Also, would you know the reason why LSGH plays in the NCAA and LSZ in the UAAP? An insider like you can probably educate us on this topic.

Thanks.

^^
    When DLSU's application with the UAAP was approved in 1985, it was on the condition that its junior team should be DLSZ.

LSGH was left with no league since 1980. Thus, when CSB applied in the NCAA, i guess, LSGH was the logical choice for its junior team.

^ Many thanks dexneg.

Based sa pagkaka-alam ko is that LSGH was the junior's team of then DLSC in the NCAA. Nung umalis ang La Salle sa NCAA dun na din ang start na nawalan ng partner collegiate team ang LSGH.

Pero di puede gamitin ng LSGH ang La Salle sa kanilang uniforms, St. Benilde pa rin ang ginagamit nila. And as some sort of "penalty" na rin siguro na no remnants of La Salle will be left in the NCAA, CSB and LSGH should only use green as its tertiary color. Ang primary colors nila are black and white.

bigfreeze,

As far as I can remember:

from LSGH:

Binky Favis, Aljun Garcia, Jong Uichico, Dominique Uy, Martin Grau, Francis Zamora, Mike Gavino, Mika Vainio........

from Zobel :

Luigi Trillo, Jason Webb, Juno Sauler, Gee Abanilla, Dino Aldeguer, Eric Arejola....

Quote Originally Posted by Rektikano
    bigfreeze,

As far as I can remember:

from LSGH:

Binky Favis, Aljun Garcia, Jong Uichico, Dominique Uy, Martin Grau, Francis Zamora, Mike Gavino, Mika Vainio........

from Zobel :

Luigi Trillo, Jason Webb, Juno Sauler, Gee Abanilla, Dino Aldeguer, Eric Arejola....

Welcome to gameface.ph Rektikano! Feel free to share with us your tons of knowledge about hardcore hoops.Hope the rest of the credible and reliable AP.com gang join us soon here in our new playground.
    www.Gameface.ph: Changing The Face of The Game!

LSGH has more alumni who went on to play for DLSU Green Archers due to it being an older and much larger high school than DLSZ....as to the condition that DLSZ be the juniors team of DLSU as imposed by the UAAP board, that might not be the case. DLSZ was probably chosen to be the juniors squad because the school is under the DLSU system. LSGH, on the other hand, has always been an independent La Salle high school even prior to the closing of the high school division in taft.

Bear in mind that DLSU had its own high school back then. LSGH only became the juniors squad when DLSU closed down its high school in Taft. So, in essence, LSGH was not the first juniors squad of DLSU.

Perhaps a better comparison between the two high schools is the win/lose stats n the annual inter la salle basketball tournament. It would be interesting to see which high school has more wins over the other. Im pretty sure it will come out even or a slight lead by the home team.
    "Respect All, Fear no One!"

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast