twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: AdU Alumni Fundraiser 08/15/2006

Share/Bookmark

AdU Alumni Fundraiser 08/15/2006

Seen and heard at yesterday's games at the Adamson gym...

...Game 1 pitted Adamson faculty members against a celebrity-AdU coach lineup. Coaches Leo Austria, Bogs Adornado, and Emilia Vega teamed up with Philip Salvador, Jestoni Alarcon, Bearwin Mailey, Jordan Hererra, and James Blanco in this well-attended match which saw the celebs and coaches demolish the AdU teachers much to the delight of their students.

...The main game was between the current Falcons and the former Adamson players. Notables from that team included Bong dela Cruz, Gherome Ejercito, Mark Abadia, Ramil Tagupa, EJ Feihl and Marlou Aquino. The 2006 Falcons won by a large margin in spite of the limited minutes of veterans Pat Cabahug and Ken Bono. It was an overly "friendly" game which lacked in excitement understandably because it was played two days before the crucial Adamson-Ateneo rematch.

...The crowd thinned significantly after the first game. Overheard behind the alumni bench, "Tara na alis na tayo. Wala naman tayong pakialam sa mga yan." It was not confirmed whether they were referring to the old or current players.

... Mark Agustin accidentally stepped on an opponent's foot and injured himself. It is now uncertain whether he will be 100% healthy for the Ateneo game.

(Some people feel this problem could have been avoided had this exhibition game been played before and not during the UAAP basketball tournament. Yet others are pleasantly surprised that the school actually came up with this activity whose proceeds are supposed to go to the athletes.)

...In a conversation with some of the former Falcons after the game, they disclosed that their group will donate Php 50,000 to assist in the team's needs. The current players are excited about this and I will keep my fellow posters at gameface informed about any developments related to this topic.

"It takes two to tango and ten to play basketball."

--- Horace Dump

Re: AdU Alumni Fundraiser 08/15/2006

Wow great news kaybee! Congrats! Wag ninyo na lang siguro pansinin yung ibang mga negative ang perception sa project. Again keep your motives pure and pray to God for guidance. Too bad about Agustin though just when he was starting to show some aggressiveness out there.

(I had posted a reply to this thread earlier, but the site logged me out! Boo!)

Anyway, thanks for letting us know how the fundraiser went, kaybee! Despite the negative comments, it looks like the activity was a success - at least the team was able to get some funding assistance, and I'm sure that those who watched (especially the ones who stayed to see the whole thing) had a good time.

I'm also glad to hear about all the alumni who turned up to lend a hand (Wala si Jojo Hate?)

Quote Originally Posted by kaybee07
    Some people feel this problem could have been avoided had this exhibition game been played before and not during the UAAP basketball tournament.
    Yes, that's true, but 1) the Falcons' concerns were not brought to the school's attention until after the tournament had begun and 2) I think their need for assistance is immediate, so perhaps it was necessary to have the activity even though the season had already begun. I'm not saying the timing was wrong, just that this was the way things happened Let the organizers learn from the experience and hold next year's fundraiser (if there will be one) before the season begins.

I hope that, besides getting some badly-needed additional support, the team also got to feel that the school - faculty, alumni and students - does care about them. I think that's important, too. Get well soon to Mark Agustin!
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

No need to seize the last word, Lord Baelish. I'll assume it was something clever. - Sansa Stark, Game of Thrones > Season 7 > Episode 1

Kaybee mukhang the support shown is doing wonders for Adamson. Pero wala naman ganyanan, Ateneo pa ang gusto ninyong talunin! ;D

may balita na ba kung san na napunta ang proceeds ng said fund raising? from a player of adu, wala pa din daw silang nakukuha until now. matatapos na ang 2nd round wala pa din, eh super clear naman sa ticket na proceeds will be given to the adu falcons basketball varsity...

Quote Originally Posted by taurus_pride
    may balita na ba kung san na napunta ang proceeds ng said fund raising? from a player of adu, wala pa din daw silang nakukuha until now. matatapos na ang 2nd round wala pa din, eh super clear naman sa ticket na proceeds will be given to the adu falcons basketball varsity...
    Hi taurus!

Unfortunately, your player-source is correct. I was actually just waiting for someone else to bring up this issue because I didn't want to be accused of complaining too much again.

Four games to go in the UAAP elims and their new game uniforms are still AWOL. Still no healthy food for the team. Still no ringside tickets for the players.

Paging whoever is in charge of the proceeds from the fundraiser...

--- Horace Dump

^ This really upsets me. Me. And I don't like Adamson's basketball team. That's how much this upsets me.

Pati ba naman iyang proceeds ipagkakait sa mga bata? Eh di ba sila LANG dapat ang makikinabang diyan? The delay is both unjust and unjustified.

Quote Originally Posted by mangtsito
    ^* This really upsets me.* Me.* And I don't like Adamson's basketball team.* That's how much this upsets me.

Pati ba naman iyang proceeds ipagkakait sa mga bata?* Eh di ba sila LANG dapat ang makikinabang diyan?* The delay is both unjust and unjustified.*
    Hi mangstito!

If you're pissed off then I'm sure you can imagine how the players feel about this!

Kaming mga supporters nila ay nakatunganga na nga lang eh. Wala na ata kaming magawa as it seems the problems and detractors are coming from within the university. :'(

If you have time to look at the other threads in this forum, you will see that those who are supporting my ideas to gather support from the team are actually fans of the other UAAP teams. Yung mga umaaway naman sa akin seem to be from Adamson naman. Kesyo daw I complain too much, etc. :'(

--- Horace Dump

^ I think in this desperate case, airing out one's dirty laundry for all the world to see seems to be the lesser evil.

(Did you get my PM? )

Quote Originally Posted by mangtsito
    ^ I think in this desperate case, airing out one's dirty laundry for all the world to see seems to be the lesser evil.

(Did you get my PM? )
    Yes I did. Thanks ha! I wouldn't have known if you hadn't confirmed it.

Last game ng AdU sa elims is against your Bulldogs!

--- Horace Dump

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast