twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Team Baterina at the MPG

Share/Bookmark

Team Baterina at the MPG

Congratulations to Team Baterina for winning its first game at this year's MPG. Hard to tell who the best player of the game was with all players contributing in all departments. Maybe you guys can share your thoughts. Btw, the next game is on Sunday at the Reyes Gym at 11:20. Let's all be there early.

Sidebar...at the dinner huddle after the game many were saying that it was Pitsy who took over the cudgels and lead the team. I'd like to hear what you guys have to say...at what point did he take over...what was his best play...was it his leadership/aura? Inquisitive minds want to know. I also want to hear from the guys who didn't make it to the first game.

Final note...we are guests in this site so let's be good citizens. No ill-advised expressions please. Let's leave that for when we're face to face.

-Agent 008

For Mary the Queen and Country

Re: Team Baterina at the MPG

Well, obviously Jun Incocentes was the high impact player of the game with those monstrous stats (24 pts, 9 rebs, and 2 blocks). It was clearly a Team effort as well.

Thanks for your reply Out...

What do you think of the other players who didn't make it? Will they make an impact in the next?

Well, obviously the most anticipated player is ........ Martin Lichauco. He has to prove that he still has some basketball skills left outside his "allegedly" good looks.

The return of Center Laurence Arroyo is also one that is highly anticipated specially by the chicks community. Can't wait to see how they execute again the Hi-lo play with the ever dependable shooter Henry Abes.

Fans also anticipate how many travelling violations Paul Candelaria will commit in the next game if he ever decides to suit up. Aside from the travelling violations, they also marvel at how Paul execute his patented one-handed twisting lay-up which he calls the "Cande Butterfly Stroke." As everyone knows, he got that move from his swimming exploits with the late Bana Sailani and the girls of Caezar's.

Other than those three mentioned above, I don't see any other player making an impact in the next game but do expect that number 16 guy, Rommel Roque, to improve in the coming games. He was the team's top scorer for the past 2 years until that unfotrunate finger injury he had in one of the pre-season scrimmages. He is now relegated to the 3 position as he develops some new arsenals in his foul-baiting shots. As what his High School classmates used to say, "hooookaaayyyy ang Team pag hooookaaay si Roque!"

Hoookaaaayyyyy!!!!

Congrats to Team Baterina! From an observer standpoint, team will get far (Finals perhaps?), good luck.

Beware of the other sub grouping though, most of the teams there are quite loaded with "younger" (a relative term) and skilled players such as Team Gepuela and Team Loca (3 guys with 6 ft guys who can run and jump, shooters also). Other teams not too be taken lightly though if cross over matches happen.

Once again, good luck to all the teams in Division G!

Well, I guess the best way to keep team Baterina in winning is believing in itself that they can be a champion team.
    The other group, gepuela and hybrids are not that tough. I haven't seen J&J and loca yet. Team puno and guevarra are very beatable teams. Mendoza, Inocentes, Ma├▒alac, and Manalo are keeping the shaded lane, wingmen are not as effective yet, as well as the one position except the big point guard who keeps penetrating the middle.
    Pointers: Moving without the ball, aggressiveness in the rebounds, pressing the guards and┬* controlling the boards, if they do these, they will get the "W".

Good luck to the team tomorrow (Sun, Aug 6). Again..it's at the Reyes Gym at 11:20 am.

I completely agree with dj armor. Believing is a big part of winning.

Think like champions tayo!

HUHUHUHUHUHUHUHU we lost last Sunday hopefully we do better next game, I heard team Puno our next game won last Sunday against the team we defeated 2 weeks ago... Baka do or die na tayo dito sa next game...

Game 4 for us will be this Saturday at Club 650. Not sure about the time...it could be 6:30 or 7:30 pm. Whatever it is let's make sure we bring our A-game and play as a team. But before the game, we must all attend our Friday drinking spree. I suggested the former Dencio's location at the fort. I think it goes by a different name now. It's the one beside the mini-golf area. Lot's of free parking and it's also the midpoint for Makati and Ortigas. I believe the call time is 7 pm. Please confirm through this site or via text to Fritz. See you all there.

we won...... game 5 is do or die...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast