twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: "Saan Tayo?" Postgame Eats and Drinks

Share/Bookmark

"Saan Tayo?" Postgame Eats and Drinks

What would an afternoon at the games be without the customary pleasure (win or lose) of the postgame gathering? Here to discuss the game highlights, hindsight critical moments and goofed plays, look forward to the next game.

For games at the Big Dome there is no shortage of postgame hangouts: Dencio's for those inclined to have a full Pinoy meal, Cafe Bola for those looking for Continental/Fusion fare, Gloria Maris for highend Chinese food, Italianni's for pasta and pizza, Oyster Boy for (relatively) cheap beer.

At the Ninoy we have the usual suspects: McDonald's, Wendy's, the plethora in the Harrison Plaza Area, and towards the midtown area the establishments of Malate/Ermita such as Gilligan's, Tia Maria and Padi's Point.

Where do you guys usually hang out after the games?
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Re: "Saan Tayo?" Postgame Eats and Drinks

Saisaki na yan... :D ;D
    Practice makes perfect but nobody's perfect so why practice!!!

Press Room ;D

- not just after but also before and during the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel

... and towards the midtown area the establishments of Malate/Ermita such as Gilligan's, Tia Maria and Padi's Point.

may gilligan's sa malate/ ermita? saan dun?

sensya na manong joe ha. di ako gala sa bahaging yan ng metro manila e.
    BASTA'T SEKSI.... LIBRE (since 1979).

Great thread, Tito Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    Where do you guys usually hang out after the games?
    In the parking lot of the FEU Gym! Hehehe.

No, seriously, after games in Araneta Coliseum I find that it's most convenient to stick to the restos built into the Big Dome. Although I know from experience that the surrounding malls have their fare share of good places to eat, after games I'm too tired to go very far. Naubos lahat ng lakas ko sa heckling :P

For games in the hardcore venues (San Beda, FEU, EAC and Loyola/Blue Eagle Gym come to mind), there's always a good chance that there's a McDonald's or Jollibee within walking distance. The food there is enough to tide you over until you figure out where you want to do your serious eating and drinking ;D
    Not only for political reasons, but from conscience and honor, I will not consent to part with much in Silesia. No sooner is one enemy satisfied than another starts up; another, and then another must be appeased, and all at my expense. - Maria Theresa of Austria, Holy Roman Empress

Bluewing, Gilligan's Malate is along J Nakpil. It occupies the space that Bargo's used to occupy. If you're at Taft on the Baclaran-bound side, just turn right at Nakpil. Gilligan's is at the third or fourth corner.

Anthony, ok bang pagkain sa press room kapag UAAP and NCAA seasons?
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Araneta - Dencio's or Istambul Express
    BEG - Katips or Que Rico
    NAS/Rizal - been a long time since the UAAP was held here, and I'm still exploring.
    People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

salamat manong joe! pero pareho rin ba to nung nasa may glorietta na dating nasa katipunan?
    BASTA'T SEKSI.... LIBRE (since 1979).

Bluewing, I wouldn't know for sure. Basta ang alam ko P27 lang ang San Miguel beer nila, tapos may masarap silang chicken strips na ok ang portion.

There is also a place called Guilly's at the end of Morato in QC near ABS-CBN, and I believe its the same place, baka different management or franchisee lang, because the prices and the mune sure look identical.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

if ever in the abs cbn area, try arte's cafe at sgt esguerra street, beside esquinita bar...marami ang portions ng food at buy 4 and take two ang beer.....lumalabas na 25 php ang beer, free wireless internet access pa...

check out their website... http://artescafe.netfirms.com
    A million old soldiers may fade away, but a dream lives on forever!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast