twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Your Ideal Rules and Guidelines in a Hardcore Basketball Game

Share/Bookmark

Your Ideal Rules and Guidelines in a Hardcore Basketball Game

Forget the FIBA rules. We now empower you to create the rules for a new basketball league which will be called "THE GAMEFACE ULTIMATE HARDCORE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT."

Let me start by recommending the following:

1. A 4 pt shot from 2 ft away from the 3 pt arc.
    2. A dunk is equivalent to 3 pts.
    3. Soft chains to replace the ring net.
    4. Refs will have no whistles - only shouts and gestures
    5. No bands or pep squads will be aloud - just pure heckling, vocal assaults, and face paints
    6. Only one uniform design shall be worn by the players - mas mukhang gusgusin, the better! :D
    7. The playing court will be concrete instead of wood - pang championship lang ang wood.
    8. The barker from the officials' table will just use a mega phone
    9. A deliberate and technical foul results to a deduction of 1 pt from the team of the offender plus awarding of ball possession to the other team.

Ano pa? Who wants to join?
    www.Gameface.ph: Changing The Face of The Game!

Re: Your Ideal Rules and Guidelines in a Hardcore Basketball Game

Quote Originally Posted by gameface_one
    Forget the FIBA rules. We now empower you to create the rules for a new basketball league which will be called "THE GAMEFACE ULTIMATE HARDCORE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT."

Let me start by recommending the following:

1. A 4 pt shot from 2 ft away from the 3 pt arc.
    2. A dunk is equivalent to 3 pts.
    3. Soft chains to replace the ring net.
    4. Refs will have no whistles - only shouts and gestures
    5. No bands or pep squads will be aloud - just pure heckling, vocal assaults, and face paints
    6. Only one uniform design shall be worn by the players - mas mukhang gusgusin, the better! :D
    7. The playing court will be concrete instead of wood - pang championship lang ang wood.
    8. The barker from the officials' table will just use a mega phone
    9. A deliberate and technical foul results to a deduction of 1 pt from the team of the offender plus awarding of ball possession to the other team.

Ano pa? Who wants to join?
    How about the players eligibility?
    Mas magulang mas okay?

Quote Originally Posted by toti_mendiola
    How about the players eligibility?
    Mas magulang mas okay?
    I think it's fair to institute an age limit (although I understand the "damatands" are excellent prey for hecklers) - but maybe one higher than the UAAP's because many hardcore teams field players *of a certain age* :P . Just do away with the "masteral student" and "X years out of high school" rules. Panggulo lang yan.

full battle gear, if you want the hardcore games to be played on concrete, then maybe the players should all wear rubber slippers? Pang-championship lang ang rubber shoes? ;D

it woudn't be hardcore basketball without the:

NO BLOOD, NO FOUL RULE

would it? ;D ;D ;D

No 'round robin' for warm ups. Only 'beck shoot'.

Dapat walang net ang ring. kahoy ang backboard. Chalk at blackboard ang pang iskor.

Prize is just plain ice cold water or coke. Bayad ang talunan.

jeff napa should be the courtside reporter.
    "WE ARE THE CHAMPIONSHIP!"

My suggestion....

3 points ang fastbreak goals. This way mapipiltan mag-hardcore defense ang mga player.
    For Mary the Queen and Country

aside from those already mentioned, i just like to add how we used to play in cubao. here are the cubao rules:

1. field goals are counted as one point, three pointers are counted as two.

2. games played in two halves of race to ten points. no zone defenses starting in the second half. in case of a 19-19 tie, the first to score two straight points wins.

3. to discourage duty or breakaway fouls, one free throw will be awarded to the one fouled.

4. call your own fouls and violations. however, it is strongly suggested to keep body contacts crisp but clean. those who continue to play like skinflints or "larong nana" are forbidden to run with the big boys until they can toughen up.

4. same old, same old: to keep on playing, your team should keep on winning.
    "Of all the books I read, Facebook is the greatest"
    --sign on a T-shirt I saw on the way to work the other day

Players who have an axe to grind may duke it out AFTER the game with game officials watching. NO helping from teammates. If the teammates get involved they get a tazer to the family jewels. If the one challenged does not accept he will be suspended for one game without pay just for being a wuss.

In case the fisticuffs do ensue the winner of the fight gets to tell the loser to do something silly for their next game i.e. not wear shorts or wear makeup and lipstick. If the loser does not comply he gets suspended for one day without pay for being a sore loser. You win the fight if you knock out the other guy (standard 10-count) or if the other guy wusses out and gives up.
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast