UE
    NU
    Mapua Institute of Technology
    Jose Rizal University
    FEATI
    AMA Computer University
    FEU - B
    Metro Manila College
    www.Gameface.ph: Changing The Face of The Game!

Re: 12th Fr. Martin Cup Summer League 2006 Team Groupings

JUNIORS DIVISION

GROUP A

UST
    UE
    San Beda College - A
    SSC - Cavite
    Arellano University
    FEU - B
    Antipolo Lady of Lourdes School

GROUP B

UP Integrated School
    FEU - A
    Letran
    La Salle Greenhills
    Chiang Kai Shek College
    St. Mary's College
    Adamson University - B

GROUP C

ADMU
    Adamson University - A
    SSC - Manila
    Jose Rizal University
    University of Perpetual Help - Rizal
    Philippine College of Criminology
    San Beda College - B

WOMENS DIVISION

Adamson University
    FEU
    NU
    UP
    UE

Philippine College of Criminology
    EAC - Manila
    College of St. Benilde

What will be the tournament format?
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

Quote Originally Posted by bigfreeze_bibby
    The tournament format will be posted on a later date, but to give you an idea, it will be a single round robin on its group and the top two of each group will advance to the next round.

Quote Originally Posted by noel_ascue
    The tournament format will be posted on a later date, but to give you an idea, it will be a single round robin on its group and the top two of each group will advance to the next round.

Thank you Noel for the information.

Welcome to Gameface.ph!

Thanks noel. I am quite interested with 6 teams surviving from the elims. I am now wondering what will happen next since di naman puede na match-up based yung 6. I am thinking that the two best records of the 6 teams will automatically qualify in the semis and will wait for the matches pitting 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5 for the right to enter the semis. Well maybe I am wrong in saying this. Maantay na nga lang, malapit-lapit na rin naman ito.
    One thing "the best" never do as they become more successful: slow down. Just not in the vocabulary of "the best". - Kevin Eastman, assistant coach, Boston Celtics (2004-Present)

The way I understood the format from the first tournament briefing late last month, there will be a modified quarterfinals with the top two teams of the three groups matching up in a crossover system (sorry, I didn't get the part of how this will be done) after which the semifinals cast will be composed of the three quarterfinals victors and the "best quarterfinals non-winner" (sorry again, I also didn't get how the match up will be done and how the "best non-winner" will be determined).* The finals, as usual, will be a one game winner-take-all affair.

Thanks noel. I am quite interested with 6 teams surviving from the elims. I am now wondering what will happen next since di naman puede na match-up based yung 6. I am thinking that the two best records of the 6 teams will automatically qualify in the semis and will wait for the matches pitting 3 vs. 6 and 4 vs. 5 for the right to enter the semis. Well maybe I am wrong in saying this. Maantay na nga lang, malapit-lapit na rin naman ito.
    from noel ascue FMC tornament director
    this is where the fun is when you qualify for the top two, the one (1) and two (2) in the standing will advance to the next round, group A-1 will play group B-2, group B-1 will play group C2, and group C1 will play group A2, they will play a knock out system and the winner will advance again to the next round, the winners will be determined by a quocient system, to determine the ranking of 1, 2 and 3, and the number 4 team will come from the looser side or wild card, to determine this is by the highest quocient meaning the smallest difference from the loosing team, then team 1 will play team 4 and team 2 will play team 3, and the winners will go for the championship and be the champion of this years 12th Fr. martin cup -nike summer league 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by fraternizer

The way I understood the format from the first tournament briefing late last month, there will be a modified quarterfinals with the top two teams of the three groups matching up in a crossover system (sorry, I didn't get the part of how this will be done) after which the semifinals cast will be composed of the three quarterfinals victors and the "best quarterfinals non-winner" (sorry again, I also didn't get how the match up will be done and how the "best non-winner" will be determined).* The finals, as usual, will be a one game winner-take-all affair.

from noel ascue FMC tournament director
    check out my reply with the other posted question.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast