Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Letran Squires

Share/Bookmark

Re: The Letran Squires

So who's the Squires right now?

Quote Originally Posted by bombet
    Quote Originally Posted by MonL
    How about the All-time greatest Squires?

From the 70s:

Mon San Juan
    Terry Saldaña
    Gerry Gonzales
    Dwight Chua
    Erwin Bola-bola (Shot 56? points in one NCAA game, the highest in Juniors history. Please correct me kung na re-write na yung record)
    Did any of the squires ever won the MVP award in the NCAA juniors aside from Enrile, Reyes, and Cua? Majority of MVP awardees are either Red Cubs or Red Robins.
    If I'm not mistaken, Alvin Magpantay won it in 1990.

i READ SOMEWHERE THAT FORMER SQUIRE lUCAS tagarda IS OUT OF THE lETRAN VARSITY TEAM.

Has he been playing for the UST Tigers in this summer's FMC? Sayang itong batang ito, he might be the next point man for letran if ever wala na si Boyet B. Pwede rin poster boy or team captain since homegrown siya, at least meron sanang tayong player na mukhang estydyante! heheheh. I just hope Daryl Green stays with the team.

Both Green and Tagarda tried out with Ateneo kasabay nila Eric Salamat and Borgie Hermida. Unfortunately, only Eric returned to the 2nd practise date and was eventually considered by Coach Norman for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by ESCALERA JR.
    i READ SOMEWHERE THAT FORMER SQUIRE lUCAS tagarda IS OUT OF THE lETRAN VARSITY TEAM.

Has he been playing for the UST Tigers in this summer's FMC?* Sayang itong batang ito, he might be the next point man for letran if ever wala na si Boyet B. Pwede rin poster boy or team captain since homegrown siya, at least meron sanang tayong player na mukhang estydyante! heheheh. I just hope Daryl Green stays with the team.
    I was at the UST-DLSU FMC game, and TAGARDA did suit up for the Tigers. If we go by the number of minutes Jarencio gave him, that's even before the melee started w/c resulted to expulsions, then we should expect him in the UAAP roster. Tiyak na magiging poster boy yan ng UST Tigers.

BTW, where is GREEN? I haven't seen him play all summer. Though I saw him in the company of other Squires during the Homegrown tournament. But he wasn't in uniform, nanood lang.
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

Whatever happened to our SQUIRES? Wala na bang magandang balita kundi puro talo, where is Daryl Green? Who is the go to guy, where is coach Jing...Who is the Jrs. coach? Kabaligtaran ang nanyayari sa Juniors naten,,sweep din ata, sa talo!!! Hoy gising mga High School!!!

Pede Magtanong cnong line up ng Letran Squires?

Quote Originally Posted by ESCALERA JR.
    where is coach Jing...Who is the Jrs. coach?
    Coach Jing is an assistant coach of Adamson.

Season 82 Mythical 5 forward JULIUS WONG seems to be making phantom appearances in the Loyola Heights and Diliman areas.

Don't the Knights want to keep this very talented Squire?
    FRIENDS LANG KAMI

Quote Originally Posted by Joescoundrel
    Season 82 Mythical 5 forward JULIUS WONG seems to be making phantom appearances in the Loyola Heights and Diliman areas.

Don't the Knights want to keep this very talented Squire?
    It is not the practice of Alas to take in college freshmen into his team. That's the same reason why Tagarda moonlighted at UST, and Green was never seen at play after Season 81. Considering that these two, IMO, are much better players than Wong, yet were not given outright spots. Kaya, don't be surprised if talented Squires do take their chances at other schools.

As posted many times by different people, "...for any kid coming out of highschool, the thought of playing college ball right off his freshman year is just too exciting a proposition to just let go..."
    We had a head start in this game. At one time we had a glorious 3rd place finish in the World Championship and was the undisputed power in Asia. But the world has learned how to play it. They may not be as good as us,but they have enough smarts to make use of their height. That is enough to beat us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast