twitterfacebookgoogle+register
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47

Thread: knights best ever cager

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    knights best ever cager

    samboy lim
    kerby raymundo
    itoy esguerra
    mike mustre
    chris calaguio
    freddie webb
    willie miller
    who else
    add more....

  2. #2

    Re: knights best ever cager

    Kung sa galing at galing rin lang wala na sigurong mas gagaling pa kay Samboy Lim. Total package si Skywalker. Maraming nagsasabi na wala daw siyang depensa. Pwede ka bang na-under kay Ron Jacobs ng hindi ka natutong magdepensa? Ang best asset ni Samboy magandang fundamentals niya kasama ng depensa.

    Magaling din 'yung Willie Miller, maari pa ngang masabing mas magaling pa kay Samboy. After all nag-MVP na si Miller. Kaya nga lang mas gusto kong itanghal si Samboy kasi naiiba siya sa generation niya ng players. Si Miller kahit gaano pa siya kagaling marami namang katapat sa ngayon, gaya nina Mark Caguioa o Brandon Cablay.

    May ilang underrated na Knights na gusto ko ding banggitin gaya nila Billy Moody, John Prior, JP Pacheco, Anton Viloria at 'yung gagong frustrated Knight na si Macoy, na tambay sa fishball duon sa labas ng gym. Itong mga hindi gaanong nakilala ang tunay na dahilan na umariba ang Letran nuong mga naunang title years nila.

    Siempre parangalan na din natin ang mga current Knights gaya nina Boyet Bautista na gameface.ph Hardcore Player, Aaron Aban, Big Mac Andaya at ang walang kakupas-kupas na Ronjay Enrile.
    "Kung ayaw mong masaktan mag-chess ka na lang!"

  3. #3

    Re: knights best ever cager

    Talk about the Grandest Knights during their eras:

    In the 50's - definitely it was Lauro "The FOX" Mumar leading the dreaded Murder INC.to glory.

    The 60's, the brightest of the lot was Freddie WEBB, a '72 Munich Olympian and a mixture of lesser known stars in the names of Nemie Villegas and Larry Albano, both later became varsity coaches that gave Letran the crown in the 70's and mid 80's.

    The 70's Knights were led by giant David Regullano, Rudy Hines with sharp-shooter Ricky Pineda and brother Molet. Just before the end of the decade in '79, it was the era for Ramon San Juan with Itoy Esguerra.

    80's was the brightest decade for the Knights in the NCAA with LETRAN winning the first 3-peat in '82-'83-'84 then followed by a Back to Back in 1986-87. Avelino "SkyWalker" SAMBOY LIM's was the GRAND KNIGHT of that era. Other stars were Romy Ang, Dong Libed, Jerry Ruiz and Cayetano Salazar.

    Early 90's saw the emergence of Gilbert Castillo, Mike Mustre and Sasuman who all played sparingly in the PBA and MBA. Later in 98-99 the stars of the team are now strutting their wares in the PBA with Chris Calaguio (SMB), Kerby "MVP" Raymundo of Purefoods and Willie "The REAL MVP" Miller of TNT.

    The winning tradition continues to this day. Knight RONJAY Enrile, and future stars Boyet Bautista, Aaron ABAN, BIG MAC Andaya and many more upcoming squires who will soon become KNIGHTS in shining armour. ARRIBA to all !!!

  4. #4

    Re: knights best ever cager

    Quote Originally Posted by ESCALERA JR.
    Talk about the Grandest Knights during their eras:

    In the 50's - definitely it was Lauro "The FOX" Mumar leading the dreaded Murder INC.to glory.

    The 60's, the brightest of the lot was Freddie WEBB, a '72 Munich Olympian and a mixture of lesser known stars in the names of Nemie Villegas and Larry Albano, both later became varsity coaches that gave Letran the crown in the 70's and mid 80's.

    The 70's Knights were led by giant David Regullano, Rudy Hines with sharp-shooter Ricky Pineda and brother Molet.* Just before the end of the decade in '79,* it was the era for Ramon San Juan with Itoy Esguerra.

    80's was the brightest decade for the Knights in the NCAA with LETRAN winning the first 3-peat in '82-'83-'84 then followed by a Back to Back in 1986-87.* Avelino "SkyWalker" SAMBOY LIM's was the GRAND KNIGHT of that era.* Other stars were Romy Ang, Dong Libed, Jerry Ruiz and Cayetano Salazar.* *

    Early 90's saw the emergence of Gilbert Castillo, Mike Mustre and Sasuman who all played sparingly in the PBA and MBA.* Later in 98-99 the stars of the team are now strutting their wares in the PBA with Chris Calaguio (SMB), Kerby "MVP" Raymundo of Purefoods and Willie "The REAL MVP" Miller of TNT.

    The winning tradition continues to this day. Knight RONJAY Enrile, and future stars Boyet Bautista, Aaron ABAN, BIG MAC Andaya and many more upcoming squires who will soon become KNIGHTS in shining armour. ARRIBA to all !!!

    if i may to add the Fox mumar was a part of the 1948
    olympic basketball team

    how can we forget

    1. the fajardo brothers
    fely and gaby fajardo serves the philippine basketball team (1948 - 52)
    2. Angel de leon
    3. Julian Malonzo
    4. Terry Saldaña
    4. Rino Salazar

    during the 90's there are alot of promising young stars that never made it to the pro from letran ...they are stand outs that never had a chance to strut their wares in the pro league ....

    1. Arabit ( pg ) was one ...who eventually played for the iloilo volts in the mba, he is a johnny abarrientos type of player with a great leadership in the court.

    2. Evidente( pg ) _ a skimpy point guard who is an olsen racela type of intensity

    3. Prior ( pg ) - an effective point guard who plays like a silent type jimwell torion

    add more ...


  5. #5

    Re: knights best ever cager

    The NCAA champion team of 1950, Murder Inc. was led by team captain Lauro Mumar, Dr. Herminio Astorga, Nilo Verona, Ricardo Panis, Jose Maria Iglesias and former Manila International Airport manager Luis Tabuena. The other members were Adriano Barata, Cristino Cui, Juan del Castillo, Jose Gutierrez, Narciso Mañalac, Cesar Seguerra, Melquiades Manicsic, Senen Obiadas, Leodegario Pilones and Antonio Vidal. Their coach was Angel de Leon, who was a member of the school's first NCAA senior champion in 1938.

  6. #6

    Re: knights best ever cager

    Quote Originally Posted by esjay

    if i may to add the Fox mumar was a part of the 1948
    olympic basketball team

    how can we forget

    1. the fajardo brothers
    fely and gaby fajardo serves the philippine basketball team (1948 - 52)
    2. Angel de leon
    3. Julian Malonzo
    4. Terry Saldaña
    4. Rino Salazar

    during the 90's there are alot of promising young stars that never made it to the pro from letran ...they are stand outs that never had a chance to strut their wares in the pro league ....

    1. Arabit ( pg )* was one ...who eventually played for the iloilo volts in the mba, he is a johnny abarrientos type of player with a great leadership in the court.

    2. Evidente( pg )* _ a skimpy point guard who is an olsen racela type of intensity

    3. Prior ( pg ) - an effective point guard who plays like a silent type jimwell torion

    add more ...

    How about big man Nathaniel Castillo, Tim Coloso, Pedrito Aniñon, Ed Baldomero and speedy Alex Marquez, before he left for La Salle.....
    Ed Baldomero pampered Itoy Esguerra. He was Esguerra's spear carrier, always setting him up for those dagger shots from way out... Aniñon has three point range and most of his shots would have been* three pointers had that line been drawn in that era..
    We are not a nation of donkeys, we are a nation of Lions!

  7. #7

    Re: knights best ever cager

    as for the best player for the knights

    SAMBOY NEVER EVEN GET AN INDIVIDUAL AWARD INJURIES WAS THE CULPRIT OFCOURSE BUT STILL INCLUDED WITH THE 25 GREATES PBA PLAYER OF ALL TIME


    HOPEFULS FOR THE DISTINCTION

    MILLER - ONE TIME MVP AND ONE OF THE HOPEFULS TO BE AN OLYMPIAN IN MENS BASKETBALL

    RAYMUNDO - A SELF PROCLAIMED MVP WITH SO MUCH FUTURE AHEAD OF HIM

    CALAGUIO - LETRAN STANDOUT WITH HIGH HOPES BUT OVER SHADOWED IN THE PRO RANKS


  8. #8

    Re: knights best ever cager

    who would forget the 1992 champion team....

    gilbert castillo
    joy peña
    carlo espiritu
    willy milan
    wilmon yu
    ron(?) marcelo
    joey(?) banez

    and the rest of the guys..

    walang superstar in this team, lahat pwedeng maging threat

    halos lahat pa sa kanila may outside shooting!

    one of the best teams ever!

    arriba letranista!

  9. #9

    Re: knights best ever cager

    Quote Originally Posted by arriba95
    who would forget the 1992 champion team....

    gilbert castillo
    joy peña
    carlo espiritu
    willy milan
    wilmon yu
    ron(?) marcelo
    joey(?) banez

    and the rest of the guys..

    walang superstar in this team, lahat pwedeng maging threat

    halos lahat pa sa kanila may outside shooting!

    one of the best teams ever!

    arriba letranista!
    in my book, Joy Pena, won that championship for Letran. He is one hardcore player, he really plays hard. Parang si Morano at Manucat nuon.

  10. #10

    Re: knights best ever cager

    Quote Originally Posted by toti_mendiola
    Quote Originally Posted by arriba95
    who would forget the 1992 champion team....

    gilbert castillo
    joy peña
    carlo espiritu
    willy milan
    wilmon yu
    ron(?) marcelo
    joey(?) banez

    and the rest of the guys..

    walang superstar in this team, lahat pwedeng maging threat

    halos lahat pa sa kanila may outside shooting!

    one of the best teams ever!

    arriba letranista!
    in my book, Joy Pena, won that championship for Letran. He is one hardcore player, he really plays hard. Parang si Morano at Manucat nuon.
    During the 1987 ncaa where the knights a classic down the wire by no less than isko libed last second shot to clinch the victory again against the stags.

    a five year drought, i remember the 1992 championship where coach rudy hines was still calling the shots for the knights against the stags whcih they swept ...it was "RONALD PENA" - (if my memory serve me right) BANNERED TEAM I GUESS



 
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

 
Visitor count:
Copyright © 2005 - 2013. Gameface.ph