Re: Wala Lang: Walang Kinalaman Sa Basketball

115 DAY TO GO PASKO NA!!!

MALIGAYANG PASKO SA INYONG LAHAT!
    "Kung ayaw mong masaktan mag-chess ka na lang!"

112 DAYS TO GO PASKO NA!

Did anybody stay up late until the wee hours of yesterday morning to watch on cable tv the farewell match of Andre Agassi's 21-year tennis career?

As early as the first set, I had a feeling that this would be Andre's last match as his aging body, not his desire to win, could not keep up with strong serves and ground strokes of his younger opponent Benjamin Becker (no relation to the great tennis legend Boris). After the obligatory hand shakes with his foe and the umpire, Andre broke down in tears after he took his seat. I'm sure not an eye was dry at Arthur Ashe stadium that afternoon.

No regrets for me though to see the match through until the very end despite the foregone conclusion. The crowd (including millions who watched all over the world) witnessed and heard what could become a classic farewell speech in the annals of sports. It may not be as memorable as the late New York Yankee great Lou Gehrig's "I consider myself the luckiest man in the face of the earth" speech, but it should be the most heartfelt speech eloquently delivered despite the emotions flowing in such a momentous occassion.

Let me quote below this short but eloquent speech (culled from espn.com):

Agassi's Farewell Speech
    Andre Agassi's on-court speech to the crowd after the final match of his pro career, a loss to Benjamin Becker in the third round of the U.S. Open on Sunday:

"The scoreboard said I lost today, but what the scoreboard doesn't say is what it is I have found.

"And over the last 21 years, I have found loyalty. You have pulled for me on the court and also in life. I've found inspiration. You have willed me to succeed sometimes even in my lowest moments.

"And I've found generosity. You have given me your shoulders to stand on to reach for my dreams, dreams I could have never reached without you.

"Over the last 21 years, I have found you. And I will take you and the memory of you with me for the rest of my life.

"Thank you."

-- The Associated Press

From a talented but brash teen-age brat, Agassi has metamorphosized into tennis' venerable senior statesman.

Farewell and more power to your future endeavors, Andre!

May your career and persona be an inspiration to all athletes.

ang mga taga PSBA pwede na nila sabihin na atenista sila kapag naipasara ng QC govt ang PSBA. Nirerequest na ibahay muna sila sa ADMU
    Practice makes perfect but nobody's perfect so why practice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chocoks77
    ang mga taga PSBA pwede na nila sabihin na atenista sila kapag naipasara ng QC govt ang PSBA. Nirerequest na ibahay muna sila sa ADMU

saan naman sila ilalagay sa admu? wala naman yatang extra building sa atin, di ba?
    BASTA'T SEKSI.... LIBRE (since 1979).

^^ I suggest they avail the use if the Comm Arts building, especially at night.
    what do you call cheese that isn't yours? NACHO CHEESE

Isang walang kinalaman sa basketball.

Patay na pala si Steve Irwin. And because of his death, now we know how dangerous stingrays are. Hanggang sa kanyang kamatayan e marami pa rin tayong natutunan kay Crocodile Hunter. Sayang, paborito pa naman naming panoorin ng anak ko yung mga documentary niya sa Animal Planet.

Kaya ikaw Kim Atienza, ingat ka sa mga lamok at baka ma-dengue ka. o kaya sa mga asong ulul at baka ma-rabies ka.

Tol hindi tinatablan nga politiko ng mga iyan. E kung lason nga sa politika eh kayang kaya na nila. Immune na yang mga yan.

Malaglagan sana ng gulong ng 747 ang lahat ng mga jeepney na tume-terminal ng illegal at inaabala ang mga pasaherong nagbayad na. Taragis, ikaw na ngang nagbayad ikaw pang aabalahin.

Tapos sasabihin sa iyo "Naghahanap-buhay lang." Ang problema nga lang 'yung nagbibigay ng hanapbuhay sa kanila ang mismong tinatabla nila at inaabala, bukod pa sa labag sa batas ang mag-terminal lalo na kapag berde ang ilaw trapiko at tumetengga ka sa lansangan, obstruction ng tawag dun.

Tanging ina nilang lahat. E kung holdapin ko kaya sila at sabihin kong "Naghahanap-buhay lang." pagbigyan kaya nila ako? Ganun na din 'yon e, nantabla at nang-abala ako bukod pa sa lumabag ako sa batas sa panghoholdap, gaya ng gawain ng mga jeep na nagte-terminal ng illegal.

According to an Israeli Intelligence report :

“Lebanese Security” Is the Pretext for the Naval Babel around Lebanon’s Shores

DEBKAfile Exclusive Military Report

September 4, 2006, 11:37 AM (GMT+02:00)

The extraordinary buildup of European naval and military strength in and around Lebanon’s shores is way out of proportion for the task the European contingents of expanded UNIFIL have undertaken: to create a buffer between Israel and Hizballah.

Close investigation by DEBKAfile’s military and intelligence sources discloses that “Lebanese security” and peacemaking is not the object of the exercise. It is linked to the general anticipation of a military clash between the United States and Israel, on one side, and Iran and possibly Syria on the other, some time from now until November

http://debka.com/article.php?aid=1208

Haynaku.. magandang source etong Debka mga iho't iha. Maihahalintulad sa Strategic Forcasting (overt CIA) pero naka base sa Isreal..hehehe

;D
    COURAGE SAN BEDA! / ¡ÁNIMO SAN BEDA!
    Understand? / ¿Entiendes?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast