twitterfacebookgoogle+register
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Father Martin's Cup Open Division

Share/Bookmark

Father Martin's Cup Open Division

Starts this Sunday, November 20 ata. Don't know if it officially starts on Sunday though. Baka Saturday. But San Beda will be playing FEU on Sunday at 10:30am. FEU GYM.

Open Division, so pwede na team A players.

I'll try to update game schedules if I can grab a hold of the schedules.
    Did you know that a pack of lions is called a pride?

Re: Father Martin's Cup Open Division

Uy coach Coy vs. his former deputu coach Flores. That's interesting. I'll make sure not to miss this.

Thanks for the heads up chba_dude.

I will also try to watch this Sunday.* I hear the first game would be at 9:00 a.m.* I don't know who will play though.

I will also try to get some data for our scouting consumption.

Hey, gameface.one, maybe you guys can cover it so everybody will have a glimpse on what is going on.

I think the first game for FEU and Beda are acid tests. Both employ the same offensive and defensive tactics. While FEU will turn out to be the most experienced ones because of their championship exposure, this will test the mettle of San Beda's talented players. Who'll emerge as winners won't matter, what matter's how they play the whole game. I'll bet it's going to be exciting, let's just hope FEU doesn't jump the gun and build a 20 point halftime lead. That'll be a bummer.

The Red Cubs will be playing the DLSZ team at 8 am sa Beda Gym. I'm guessing the juniors division will be playing their games there this Sunday.

San Beda will be playing the UAAP juniors and seniors champions.. Hehe..

I don't see an FEU blowout happening. From what I understand, projected lineups for next year na. Besides, I don't think PBL players will be playing in this tournament. Hindi ata maglalaro si Aljamal and Angeles for the Red Lions in this tournament.

Is Ateneo joining this tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by cackler
    Thanks for the heads up chba_dude.

I will also try to watch this Sunday.* I hear the first game would be at 9:00 a.m.* I don't know who will play though.

I will also try to get some data for our scouting consumption.

Hey, gameface.one, maybe you guys can cover it so everybody will have a glimpse on what is going on.
    Cackler, we will ask some people to cover it.
    www.Gameface.ph: Changing The Face of The Game!

To the regulars of this forum,

Kindly publish the roster of each team in the tournament. Secondly, I wonder if SBC and Ateneo will field 2 teams like they have done in prior years. Cackler can correct me, Ateneo fielded 2 teams last year. Ateneo team A composition was 75% of this years varsity team. Only Rabeh, Nazareno and Zion came from the hardcore team B of Ateneo. Willl the schools parade their new recruits? UE, LaSalle and Ateneo paraded their new players during the regular FMC. I do not expect to see FEU parading their veteran players until the final 4 of the tournament. I hope the FMC will have their own web page publishing the game results and box scores like the FMC II cup, kahit late ang update.

In the high school division, Zobel will try to win the championship with their regular players but LSGH will parade their new imports from Indonesia and Negros. I wonder if the red cubs will treat their former teammate Ferdinand with kid gloves? ???

San Beda won over FEU, 53-50.

FEU led most of the first half but capitalizing on SBC's TOs. SBC made its move to catch up in the third quarter through good defense anchored by Sam Ekwe.

SBC had an 8 point lead in the last 2 minutes but FEU came charging back to cut the lead to a single point. Steady FT shooting by Pong Escobal sealed the win for SBC.

Thanks for the update razor.

San Beda won with a final score of 53 to 50. It was a defensive game all throughout but Beda turned on the inside defensive choker in the last minutes of the game. Gamalinda top socred with 13, followed by Escobal with 11.

In the first game, Jemal Vizcarra announced he is back with his game saving tripples for a UST win over the gutsy STI squad with a final score of 64 to 72.

More updates to follow.

One of the highlights of my day was watching idol Jemal play. Never met a shot he didn't like. Hehe. He hit back-to-back threes to douse water on the furious rally of the STI team in the clutch.

In the other game, Ekwe's two resounding blocks on the first Gameface Player of the Week Ryan Cabagnot fueled a 2nd half charge of the Red Lions to outlast the Tamaraws. As earlier shared by razor, another former Gameface Player of the Week Pong Escobal hit the crucial freethrows to stave off a last hurrah from the Tams. Adidas Asian Streetball 2005 MVP Bambam Gamalinda led the way for the Red Lions.

In an earlier match at the Beda Gym, the Red Cubs routed the 2005 UAAP Juniors champs DLSZ Junior Archers (featuring THE Simon Atkins) by 20 points. Wasn't able to grab hold of the stats though. On a side note though, the Red Cubs wore retro 1978 jerseys in that game.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast